ADVERTISEMENT

Don't sleep on Ball State !

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
Ball State amassed 653 yards Saturday with their stud QB Riley Neal ! They would give Michigan a run for their money !
Last year I made fun of Ball State and a intelligent poster who knew the program ripped me a new one when he explained to me how they are turning that program around ! I just watched some highlites and man they have some speedy receivers and quick linebackers !! This could be a HUGE upset if Coach Kelly does not have his team prepared !!
I believe in the Irish because of all the badasses and ballers but look what happened last year when the Irish went to Miami ? Miami sucks and we should have clobbered them but we got clobbered !!
Go Irish !! Beat Ball State !! 1988 all over again !!

The " Real Deal " Riley Neal !! Future NFL Star !
ball-state-cardinals-quarterback-riley-neal-drops-back-for-a-pass-picture-id1025719224

Reactions: IRISHJD98 and Ara64
They have a good QB. I didn't see size or speed from them like you did. Their lines are slow and undersized.

Starts with Dominating both lines. Get pressure on their QB not having to rush more than 4 or 5. Light it up on Offense.

This game is all about focus and intensity. ND should be focused so they can pad their stats especially after playing a tough game with against a team with a great D last week.

I think one of the problems with the major BCS teams when they play teams of a "lower" echelon is that they think they'll roll over them. But some of these teams are good and if you don't come to play, you could be in big trouble ... look what almost happened to penn state last saturday when they played Appalachian State.

Hoping ND comes fully fired up for Ball State ... if we get up big early, then Kelly can give more guys playing time. BUT, they have to come roaring out at the start.

Good point Bodi. Can’t focus on which freshmen are gonna play, can’t treat this like a scrimmage. Go in, do your business, beat that ass and leave.

Goal #1- win
Goal #2- Wimbush shouldn’t get touched the whole game

Reactions: Bodizephax
Ball State amassed 653 yards Saturday with their stud QB Riley Neal ! They would give Michigan a run for their money !
Last year I made fun of Ball State and a intelligent poster who knew the program ripped me a new one when he explained to me how they are turning that program around ! I just watched some highlites and man they have some speedy receivers and quick linebackers !! This could be a HUGE upset if Coach Kelly does not have his team prepared !!
I believe in the Irish because of all the badasses and ballers but look what happened last year when the Irish went to Miami ? Miami sucks and we should have clobbered them but we got clobbered !!

ball-state-cardinals-quarterback-riley-neal-drops-back-for-a-pass-picture-id1025719224
Miss your morning meds ? Didn't know ball st ran up all those yards against Alabama.

Reactions: Kelso86
Game plan

35-0 at halftime with starters

Third qtr, play mostly second string.....including Book

Fourth qtr. play all the freshmen. Including PJ

Expect a 48-14 win using this plan.

The key to the game will be wearing down both,offensive and defensive lines of BSU. I have a feeling the ND d-line will absolutely maul them. Wimbush will have an outstanding game in this one. Look for Boykin ,Armstrong and Claypool to dominate.Not underestimating BSU one bit but ND will be putting 3rd stringers in last 6 minutes of 4th quarter. I am that optimistic.

If you get up, don't start that run every play nonsense. We all come out to play so if you can score so be it! If you get your feelings hurt when the other guy acres, play someone easier.

Ball State beat Central Connecticut State, which is a decent FCS program. Players and staff need to respect Ball State as an opponent. Fans can talk out loud about The Cardinals 42-6 pounding of an FCS team. FSU plays Samford this season. Might as well schedule the Colorado School For The Tall if a D1 program is going to go that route with a smile on their face and no apologies.

I think one of the problems with the major BCS teams when they play teams of a "lower" echelon is that they think they'll roll over them. But some of these teams are good and if you don't come to play, you could be in big trouble ... look what almost happened to penn state last saturday when they played Appalachian State.

Hoping ND comes fully fired up for Ball State ... if we get up big early, then Kelly can give more guys playing time. BUT, they have to come roaring out at the start.
Absolutely. These days you overlook anyone at your own peril. Gotta set the tone early and attack.

I'm sleeping just fine because they (Ball State) are invading our house and ND will destroy the enemy. This ND team is very special and want it all. They have the tools to take it all. They will be ready for Ball State.

Reactions: Kelso86
I'm sleeping just fine because they (Ball State) are invading our house and ND will destroy the enemy. This NJustD team is very special and want it all. They have the tools to take it all. They will be ready for Ball State.
Lou Holtz would grab you by your shirt and throw you in the dirt ! Your kind is what has stunk up the air in South Bend over the last 25 years ! No offense my friend ! But the Great ones like Ara Lou and Nick Saban take every opponent seriously ! Alabama always crushes lesser competition !! A record 76 straight victorys against unranked teams !! And Saban would rip into you like a Honey Badger into a BeeHive if he heard your boastfull disrespectfull talk !! We can't have any more losses like South Florida ! Tulsa !! 2 and 10 Syracuse !! Conneticutt !! Navy !! The list goes on !!
Just having fun with you Ara--you are a GREAT guy !! But the Irish can't F%%k around with any team !!
We are 1 and 0 this year !! That is it !! Lets take it to Ball State and play tough smart football !! Go Irish !! Beat Ball State !!

Reactions: shabak
For Ball State to win, Every thing would have to go their way and nothing Notre Dame's way do not see that happening 51-17 Irish

For Ball State to win, Every thing would have to go their way and nothing Notre Dame's way do not see that happening 51-17 Irish
CGVR said that his hero Harbaugh and Michigan would crush Notre Dame !! And look what happened ! We must not be boastfull and overconfidant !! Pride comes before the fall !! The only way we can be Champions is to stay in the moment and take every weeks game as the only game that matters . I believe the Irish have a top tier football team this year !! Full of BadA$$ ballers !! But I have turned over a new leaf. No more " 14 and 0" talk from me !! We are 1 and 0 right now !! Kelly has to be more serious and have his team ready every week like Saban at Alabama !! Go Irish !! Beat Ball State !!

CGVR said that his hero Harbaugh and Michigan would crush Notre Dame !! And look what happened ! We must not be boastfull and overconfidant !! Pride comes before the fall !! The only way we can be Champions is to stay in the moment and take every weeks game as the only game that matters . I believe the Irish have a top tier football team this year !! Full of BadA$$ ballers !! But I have turned over a new leaf. No more " 14 and 0" talk from me !! We are 1 and 0 right now !! Kelly has to be more serious and have his team ready every week like Saban at Alabama !! Go Irish !! Beat Ball State !!

I do not disagree with what you say here. Notre Dame needs to go at least 11-1 this year. That should put them in the playoffs

"Ball State amassed 653 yards Saturday with their stud QB Riley Neal ! They would give Michigan a run for their money !"

Stealing a line from "A Few Good Men" -- "they beat up on a bunch of weaklings! That's it!" And you think they would give Michigan fits?

I am sure they have a few good athletes, all teams do -- what ND will need to guard against is coming out flat -- Week 1 was an emotional game -- guys simply cannot play at that level 2 weeks in a row.

IF ND can get control of the game early, and take a 35-0 lead to the half, a lot of young guys can get some live game action and the starters can get some rest.

Notre Dame in a laugher, Ball state is terrible. Should be easily 4 and 0 before Stanford.

Ball state has a very good QB and that is pretty much it. They are undersized and slow on both lines.

ND whips both lines like they should and that should prevent their QB from getting in rhythm.

I expect Ball State to Load the box, Wimbush to throw all first half and light it up. Come back out the 2nd half and score, then turn it over to book, and then hopefully Jurk in the 4th quarter.

It all goes to whipping both lines, and being locked in.

How do you explain Tulsa several years ago. Or Syracuse, or ...

We simply can't take any team for granted. Have to come out fighting at the start in every game.

We simply can't take any team for granted. Have to come out fighting at the start in every game.
Your point is valid, but this team is better coached and way more talented than that team.

With that being said, throttle them. They should be focused because this is the game for the O & D to pad your stats. They are going to give the D opportunities to get sacks and picks, and they will give our Offense the opportunity to throw it all over the field.

Reactions: SIhoosier26

Don't forget USF (5-7), Northwestern (5-7), Duke (4-8), MSU (3-9), and Cuse (3-9). At least Tulsa was 10-3 that season with a minor bowl win. Even Rockne lost to a team the Irish should have beat.....but not very often. This is a different BK IMHO. The team should be prepared.

Don't forget USF (5-7), Northwestern (5-7), Duke (4-8), MSU (3-9), and Cuse (3-9). At least Tulsa was 10-3 that season with a minor bowl win. Even Rockne lost to a team the Irish should have beat.....but not very often. This is a different BK IMHO. The team should be prepared.
The Fighting David Lettermans should be worse than his pathetic show was! Go Irish!

look at the turnovers. This team is way better than those Irish teams. Obviously upsets happen. Too me for Ball state would have to score on their opportunities that they get also the turnover battle would have to be ball state +5. So it could happen. In the Tulsa game Notre Dame had 7 turnovers. 4 fumbles and 3 interceptions. Tulsa had 2 fumbles. Tulsa +5 the score was 28-27. Pretty much everything went Tulsa's way that day. Syracuse similar problems. Notre Dame had other losses that they should not lose. That said this team is much better I could see them losing to a team this year that they should beat but it won't be Ball state. Again a weaker team that beat Notre Dame , Clemson, Oklahoma, or Alabama would have to get a large number of turnovers and take advantage of them. This notre Dame team is good and appears to be well coached.

Lou Holtz would grab you by your shirt and throw you in the dirt ! Your kind is what has stunk up the air in South Bend over the last 25 years ! No offense my friend ! But the Great ones like Ara Lou and Nick Saban take every opponent seriously ! Alabama always crushes lesser competition !! A record 76 straight victorys against unranked teams !! And Saban would rip into you like a Honey Badger into a BeeHive if he heard your boastfull disrespectfull talk !! We can't have any more losses like South Florida ! Tulsa !! 2 and 10 Syracuse !! Conneticutt !! Navy !! The list goes on !!
Just having fun with you Ara--you are a GREAT guy !! But the Irish can't F%%k around with any team !!
We are 1 and 0 this year !! That is it !! Lets take it to Ball State and play tough smart football !! Go Irish !! Beat Ball State !!

10 of those Alabama wins were against FCS schools and included how many true road games? Alabama is the gold standard of college football but their non conference win streak is a joke.

Offense taken on that comment. I've stuck by ND through thick and thin over the last 55 years.There's nobody alive today that wants ND to win more than me. NOBODY!!!
Like I've said a million times; I'm not losing sleep over something I have no control over. That's way above my pay grade, and I have no doubt ND will be ready to defend their house on Saturday. It's one thing to manhandle a FCS opponent and take on a very talented Notre Dame team in week two. However, I will do my part on Saturday. I'll eat my fried chicken platter on Saturday at 11:30 with slaw, mash taters, corn, and cornbread. I'll then set down in my Irish comfy chair with a large family size bag of Doritos and RC's and ready myself for ND FOOTBALL. I do my job faithfully each week.

Last edited:
e thing that has to improve was the pass pro . IK it was Michigan but if this team is going to become a contender that area must improve . expect a bend but don't break defense from Ball state so ND has to be patient and methodically drive the field and the Defense will be challenged more in the air. ND wins but it may take some time to pull away.

What I find funny is that people still think there are these gimme teams and games.

It took a while for things to settle in but the 85 scholarship rule combined with the new style hurry up no huddle offenses and teams playing on the perimeter....rules in place to promote offense and the gap between the have's and have nots has narrowed drastically.

Of course you still have lopsided games at times but everyone still makes fun of the Appalachian state win over Michigan. These lower tier teams are not that far away.

This will be a good test for the Irish defense. Especially the secondary.

Looking forward to it.

What I find funny is that people still think there are these gimme teams and games.

It took a while for things to settle in but the 85 scholarship rule combined with the new style hurry up no huddle offenses and teams playing on the perimeter....rules in place to promote offense and the gap between the have's and have nots has narrowed drastically.

Of course you still have lopsided games at times but everyone still makes fun of the Appalachian state win over Michigan. These lower tier teams are not that far away.

This will be a good test for the Irish defense. Especially the secondary.

Looking forward to it.

obviously the Irish have to play well to beat anyone but Ball State to beat the Irish would pretty much be an act of god.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT