ADVERTISEMENT

Does Coach Freeman's recruiting prowess set the tone for other coaches?

AzIrish69

All Star
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2018
At times, I have felt that certain coaches have not picked up their share of the recruiting responsibilities. Sometimes it takes hiring new blood every few years to keep the other coaches on one's toes or honest when it comes to their own recruiting efforts. For instance, I witnessed a more aggressive approach to recruiting when coach Taylor was hired as running backs coach. Also, the same can be noted with Offensive Line Coach Jeff Quinn who may not be the same X's & O's offensive line coach as Harry Hiestand, but can out recruit him all day long.

Then just when I thought things were getting a bit mundane, along comes Marcus Freeman, a man who said that he choose to come to Notre Dame to win a National Championship. Unbelievable! I have not heard those type of high expectations out of an incoming coaching hire at Notre Dame in years. This is a man who believes in Coach Kelly's vision and thinks that we are much closer to the prize than not. So far, Coach Freeman is living by those words by upping the stakes in the recruiting game, and going after any kid that can fit his scheme and that can help Notre Dame towards its goal. Why not go after a few more of these Top 100 kids who qualify and believe that the Notre Dame name holds as much luster with recruits as Bama, Georgia, Clemson and Ohio State? I hope Coach Freeman continues to out work his peers and land one of the All-Time defensive Classes in Notre Dame Football History. Now, I am hoping other coaching staff members take note and do the same as Coach Freeman. Sometimes all it takes is new blood and someone that you can follow to up your own game. I just hope Coach Freeman's recruiting prowess pays dividends on both sides of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News