ADVERTISEMENT

Do the woman have any good players coming in this year ?

I think ND loses a couple of good players.....

Not really. They are already the favorite for next year. They bring back the majority of the tournament contributors (including the MVP) along with the injured players. And add a couple HS AA’s who will come off the bench.
ND will be preseason #1 or #2 (with a UCONN) but will have more experience than them.

I think ND should definitely be the preseason #1.

UConn was already losing two seniors in Williams and Nurse; and just found out that Junior, Azura Stevens, had opted to forego her senior season and enter the WNBA draft,

I think Connecticut was counting on Stevens to be their presence in the paint. With her 6'6 frame not returning, they are going to be very vulnerable on the inside.....

I think ND should definitely be the preseason #1.

UConn was already losing two seniors in Williams and Nurse; and just found out that Junior, Azura Stevens, had opted to forego her senior season and enter the WNBA draft,

I think Connecticut was counting on Stevens to be their presence in the paint. With her 6'6 frame not returning, they are going to be very vulnerable on the inside.....

ND should be #1, but don't count UConn as dead yet. They have the #1 Post/#5 player overall in the 2018 class coming in next year. On top of that, remember that Stevens didn't start most games...Williams and Nurse did and the two traded off on handling bigs.

I'm wondering if Geno will slide Samuelson to the center spot like he did with Stewart and try to run teams into the ground. The only problem with that move is that Samuelson isn't a quarter of the defender Stewart was.

I love Samuelson but the nature of her game is that she is closer to a #3 position (small forward) than a #5 (center).

Despite good height, I view her as a finesse player who is not best suited to pound the boards or defend the inside.

McCowan showed how much offensive rebounding can influence the game...And aside from Collier, there is no one returning that is accustomed to banging down low for 30-35 minutes per night.

Having just watched the McDonald's AA game off the DVR yesterday, I do concur that the two incoming freshmen do possess the talent to contribute next season....Christyn Williams seems to be Gabby Williams (jack of all trades) with deeper range, which I like.

I love Samuelson but the nature of her game is that she is closer to a #3 position (small forward) than a #5 (center).

Despite good height, I view her as a finesse player who is not best suited to pound the boards or defend the inside.

McCowan showed how much offensive rebounding can influence the game...And aside from Collier, there is no one returning that is accustomed to banging down low for 30-35 minutes per night.

Having just watched the McDonald's AA game off the DVR yesterday, I do concur that the two incoming freshmen do possess the talent to contribute next season....Christyn Williams seems to be Gabby Williams (jack of all trades) with deeper range, which I like.

Having seen Samuelson on and off since the 8th grade, I'd agree on her position. However, her position is more from a result of coaches in her youth not putting her in as a post. It's like the concept of a long range shooting post never occurred to them. Now I'll have to ask one of her club coaches I know why he never did that the next time I see him.

Other than Samuelson, all of the girls who are over 6' and listed as forwards were posts in HS. I know Walker was a post/stretch 4, because that where she was in last year's AA game and where she was playing on the Nike EYBL circuit.

Reactions: Wolfman2610
why is villanova a dump pennick. the coach is best friends with coach Brey and seems like a nice guys

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT