ADVERTISEMENT

Do any true freshman help this fall

Are there any guys that will play and help this upcoming season?
Yes.

Id say up to 3 wrs could have some type of impact but at least 1 will be a major contributor.

Love may be a threat in the offense whether its running, catching or special teams. Flanagan could possibly have a role in the offense depending on injuries

On defense, maybe someone in the back 7, possibly Gray or Ausberry maybe

Love and greathouse would be my thoughts. At the very least love can contribute on special teams on kick returns. Then again there are rumors that greathouse may be returning punts...

There is too much talent for these guys not to be doing something.

Reactions: tbone3114
If the skills Greathouse showed over and over and over in the spring isn’t enough to convince you just let the season do so. He’s the most ready WR since Floyd.

Reactions: NDinNJ and francade
Greathouse is ready, not just physically either, he catches the ball well & gets open. He’s gonna be a stud.

Reactions: IrishBeer
Yes.

Id say up to 3 wrs could have some type of impact but at least 1 will be a major contributor.

Love may be a threat in the offense whether its running, catching or special teams. Flanagan could possibly have a role in the offense depending on injuries

On defense, maybe someone in the back 7, possibly Gray or Ausberry maybe
I agree with this. Ausberry will be an interesting development. Very unlikely, but two high potential freshmen that arrive on campus next month, Jagusah and Vernon, might force their way onto the field As well.

I agree with this. Ausberry will be an interesting development. Very unlikely, but two high potential freshmen that arrive on campus next month, Jagusah and Vernon, might force their way onto the field As well.
Jagusah is coming off a knee and wont be ready to compete for a spot I dont think. At earliest he would be ready late July but doctors said it could be until October until he's 100 percent

Jagusah is coming off a knee and wont be ready to compete for a spot I dont think. At earliest he would be ready late July but doctors said it could be until October until he's 100 percent
I didn’t know this. Surgery or ?

Jagusah will not be starting or seeing any significant snaps in 2023.

Acl strain and a pcl. He will be fine. October is VERY conservative. Most have him ready for full go at fall camp. I bet we see him at guard for ncsu at least part time... At least to see how he does.

The idea of him at 325 next to fisher pushing the run game is so enticing

The biggest change I want to see from new oc is that position coaches are more involved in who rotates into game. Per multiple sources Rees controlled the narrative around short benches and who could or couldn't play

Reactions: Chitown11
Acl strain and a pcl. He will be fine. October is VERY conservative. Most have him ready for full go at fall camp. I bet we see him at guard for ncsu at least part time... At least to see how he does.

The idea of him at 325 next to fisher pushing the run game is so enticing
He had surgery and wont be at full speed at the earliest late July. His doctors said october. No way is he ready to compete after missing that much training time and summer things

He had surgery and wont be at full speed at the earliest late July. His doctors said october. No way is he ready to compete after missing that much training time and summer things

You have it backwards ND had him as October, his Drs had him as July. Keep in mind he's not enrolled so the ND Drs haven't actually seen him. Likely only have Drs file on him...hence conservative outlook.

Per isd interview

“Some of Notre Dame's medical staff thought I'd be cleared and fully healthy by October,” Jaguasah said. “My physical therapist seems to think I'll be ready to go by the end of July, so I'm probably somewhere in the middle..."

Plus he's been lifting for a while and is already jogging...

Per isd interview

The 6-foot-7 offensive tackle weighs between 325 and 330 pounds. He’s been cleared to lift weight for about six weeks and is just getting back to jogging.

“I'm trying to hit that point where I can really do a lot more stuff,” Jagusah said, “but I'm kind of just waiting to make sure I meet all the thresholds for everything.”

Reactions: Kelso86
You have it backwards ND had him as October, his Drs had him as July. Keep in mind he's not enrolled so the ND Drs haven't actually seen him. Likely only have Drs file on him...hence conservative outlook.

Per isd interview

“Some of Notre Dame's medical staff thought I'd be cleared and fully healthy by October,” Jaguasah said. “My physical therapist seems to think I'll be ready to go by the end of July, so I'm probably somewhere in the middle..."

Plus he's been lifting for a while and is already jogging...

Per isd interview

The 6-foot-7 offensive tackle weighs between 325 and 330 pounds. He’s been cleared to lift weight for about six weeks and is just getting back to jogging.

“I'm trying to hit that point where I can really do a lot more stuff,” Jagusah said, “but I'm kind of just waiting to make sure I meet all the thresholds for everything.”
Somewhere in the middle is September then. Doctors have more say then a therapist

Even if its late July he's missed too much conditioning to be able to get ready ahead of other talented guys. He's only been lifting for 6 weeks while everyone else has been lifting for months and months

Very very unlikely he'll be ready to play and help this September

After watching the spring game, it seems like Greathouse could definitely be a contributor this year.

Somewhere in the middle is September then. Doctors have more say then a therapist

Even if its late July he's missed too much conditioning to be able to get ready ahead of other talented guys. He's only been lifting for 6 weeks while everyone else has been lifting for months and months

Very very unlikely he'll be ready to play and help this September
He's an elite wrestler. Conditioning and lifting won't be an issue for him. He will be absolutely fine.

I'm still calling the shot. We will see him a little vs ncsu.

He's an elite wrestler. Conditioning and lifting won't be an issue for him. He will be absolutely fine.

I'm still calling the shot. We will see him a little vs ncsu.
If it's a blowout, yeah we'll see a lot of bench players.

If it's a blowout, yeah we'll see a lot of bench players.
1. I don't think that will be a blowout, ncsu is a tough place to play and it's before OSU. I expect a conservative game plan and us to out talent ncsu in the end
2. I think he's simply too good to not rotate on to see what you have in him.

If Angeli doesn’t get his first career pass vs TN State, I’ll start worrying about the season. That said, if Minchey gets his, it’ll be even better. I might go to that game just for the low price and expected highlight reel.

1. I don't think that will be a blowout, ncsu is a tough place to play and it's before OSU. I expect a conservative game plan and us to out talent ncsu in the end
2. I think he's simply too good to not rotate on to see what you have in him.
I dont think so either that's why I don't expect him to play.

If Angeli doesn’t get his first career pass vs TN State, I’ll start worrying about the season. That said, if Minchey gets his, it’ll be even better. I might go to that game just for the low price and expected highlight reel.
Should get their first snaps against Navy if things go like they should

Reactions: mirer03
Do any of you guys know what time kickoff is for the navy game in Ireland ? Or a good guess at least?

PCL is the best one to tear. If there is a best one. It is the only knee ligament that gets blood flow. If the ACL was just strained and not torn then that's a good thing. I tore my PCL playing softball believe it or not. Doctor said if you are not a professional athlete then we recommend letting it heal on its own. It did. In about 6 weeks I was running. And had not limitations after that. I have never had a problem since. And have played in football games, soccer games etc. Lifted heavy squats etc for years.

Reactions: mirer03
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT