ADVERTISEMENT

Did Notre Dame just beat their TOP rival for the 3rd straight season?

What does that have to do with values and principles? USC could care less. Hell, how many times have we got beat by cheating couches at USC. They have been on probation at least five times.

My perspective of life past being a fan......

What do you think the overall earnings to date is for any player that didn’t go pro during Pete Carroll’s tenure is vs ND’s?!?! How many jobs those people have created?!? How many peoples lives they’ve changed ?!?

Values an principles define us as a culture.... an my perspective of life doesn’t pigeon hole me on what I want a couple amateurs to do on 40-50 Saturday’s during their time in college .... ya their success on the field is vital, but Urban has crippled countless young men for life...

My perspective of life past being a fan......

What do you think the overall earnings to date is for any player that didn’t go pro during Pete Carroll’s tenure is vs ND’s?!?! How many jobs those people have created?!? How many peoples lives they’ve changed ?!?

Values an principles define us as a culture.... an my perspective of life doesn’t pigeon hole me on what I want a couple amateurs to do on 40-50 Saturday’s during their time in college .... ya their success on the field is vital, but Urban has crippled countless young men for life...
OK

Why were you wrong about that?

First of all I clearly state I wouldn't fire him mid season or did you selectively skip that part like you do most of time whilst reciting a post...

But after going 4-8 and you wanted him gone but now say you were wrong... Why?

Explain this.

You have no idea what could have been if he was dismissed after that juvenile 4-8 season.

What exactly has he won that makes you wrong?

A title? No
A major bowl trophy? No
A playoff appearance? Yes
Get close in a huge road game but still lose? Yep.. He's been doing that is entire tenure.

A competitive showing in a major bowl? Nope

It's been ten years and that has yet to happen. Not even competitive.

So what exactly were you wrong about?

Because he has the program in better shape than..........
Charlie Weis?
Willingham?

I'm not sure how you celebrate being better than those two hires.

Hell Weis and Davie both had a top 5 win to their credit.

BK STILL hasnt done that. 10 years and not once beat a top 5.

Usually the law of averages kicks in but he's defying that.

Simply amazing
Kelly and Jack have brought stability to the
Notre Dame program.

You mention championships in every one of your fire Kelly post/rebuttal.

I absolutely without question wanna see ND Win another championship.

However, do you know what’s just as important as winning one championship?

Stability

Look at Auburn, they have one championship with Cam at QB in 2010 and then fell off the face of the earth. They have done NOTHING since that championship.

Look at Texas, they win a championship with Vince at QB in 2005, since then????

Notre Dame is playing really good football right now. They are favored in EVERY game remaining on their schedule! Yet you and others find reasons to complain? Are you kidding me!

This is a great time to be a Notre Dame fan. Will ND win a National Championship this season? Probably not. However, I know for a fact, these young men will fight in every game they play this season.

Man, how can you not watch Lenzy and think of 1988 and the Rocket.

Or what about a ND RB rushing for almost 200 yards against USC?

Man, have you see Kmet? He is one of the best TE in the country!

My point is, enjoy this time as a ND fan. It really is a fun time to watch ND football!!!

Reactions: Catholicfan95
Charlie Weis only Top 5 win was undeniably aided by questionable calls to a team that ended up shit...

Brian kelly also beat a Michigan state squad that ended the season in the playoff if I’m not mistaken...
I didn't think I needed to asterisk the damn thing as in time played.

Michigan State was as high as number 3 right before playoffs.

Their finished rank was #6 though so BK still hasn't beat a top 5 team.

Regardless if that's what you need to defend BK that's pretty damn sorry. 1 win in ten years to a team that wasn't ranked top 5....got to #3 ...then trounced to fall back to #6...

If that's your BK defense that just seems to say everything of the mediocre acceptance of the last decade.

Composite recruiting rankings for USC over the last few years:

20th, 4th, 4th, 10th

There’s plenty of blue chip talent at that school, so we haven’t beaten up on 2star players from North Dakota. They’ve had QB issues (always such an important thing no matter what else you have going for you), but still. These have been good wins.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
The same could be said for Holtz:

I seem to remember USC driving for a possible win in 1989.

In 1990, we stopped Maranovich just shy of the first down marker late in the game to preserve a 10-9 win.

In 1991, I think USC fumbled a late kickoff in a game they lost 24-20.

In 1992, we batted down a pass in the endzone late in a game we won 31-23.

And not all those USC teams were highly rated.

No, those don’t count. For posters such as he, only BK’s shortcomings count until he can move the goalposts some more.

Kelly and Jack have brought stability to the
Notre Dame program.

You mention championships in every one of your fire Kelly post/rebuttal.

I absolutely without question wanna see ND Win another championship.

However, do you know what’s just as important as winning one championship?

Stability

Look at Auburn, they have one championship with Cam at QB in 2010 and then fell off the face of the earth. They have done NOTHING since that championship.

Look at Texas, they win a championship with Vince at QB in 2005, since then????

Notre Dame is playing really good football right now. They are favored in EVERY game remaining on their schedule! Yet you and others find reasons to complain? Are you kidding me!

This is a great time to be a Notre Dame fan. Will ND win a National Championship this season? Probably not. However, I know for a fact, these young men will fight in every game they play this season.

Man, how can you not watch Lenzy and think of 1988 and the Rocket.

Or what about a ND RB rushing for almost 200 yards against USC?

Man, have you see Kmet? He is one of the best TE in the country!

My point is, enjoy this time as a ND fan. It really is a fun time to watch ND football!!!

Its pointless to argue with these people, your intelligence is best served elsewhere. Less than 5 of these posters ever post anything that resembles credibility, nor does it welcome a spirited and pleasant debate. If you cannot see what Kelly has done for this school, what we were before him, the changes he has made to bring the program forward than you are blind. There are few coaches that could do what Kelly has done. Notre Dame is not Bama, Texas, SC or Clemson, for what it is worth I think Kelly is the best coach in the country. He does more with what he has than anyone else in the country. He is so limited and yet he busts the door down every year and provides excitement and promise. You are 100 percent right brother, no need to waste your time.

Reactions: notredamerises23
I didn't think I needed to asterisk the damn thing as in time played.

Michigan State was as high as number 3 right before playoffs.

Their finished rank was #6 though so BK still hasn't beat a top 5 team.

Regardless if that's what you need to defend BK that's pretty damn sorry. 1 win in ten years to a team that wasn't ranked top 5....got to #3 ...then trounced to fall back to #6...

If that's your BK defense that just seems to say everything of the mediocre acceptance of the last decade.

Come at me with something other then some bullshit because neither did Charlie Weis.... or a ranked opponent at all for that matter if I remember correctly...

If that’s your argument at this point then you haven’t gotten much of one...

Oh an btw they were ranked 3rd in final ranking...

Come at me with something other then some bullshit because neither did Charlie Weis.... or a ranked opponent at all for that matter if I remember correctly...

If that’s your argument at this point then you haven’t gotten much of one...

Oh an btw they were ranked 3rd in final ranking...

Went 13-1 Beat Stanford in Rose Bowl, before playoffs... actually......

Finished no.3 in country.......

Gee would you like to move the goalposts further

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT