ADVERTISEMENT

Did Notre Dame just beat their TOP rival for the 3rd straight season?

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
Notre Dame has beat SC the past 4/5 seasons.

I could care less what state the SC program is in. That is their problem.

Kelly has brought stability to Norte Dame football.

Something SC wishes they had right now.

Also of note ....

First time we played vs an Air Raid offense....

Apparently everyone has employed this defense vs USC( still thought it was a bad idea , considering in my experience watching Air Raid teams I think sending 4 every time after the QB is essential.)

Clay Helton is now 2-1 after is bye week .

And I drunkingly called the offices until 1-2 in the morning to tell Kelly and Lea them boys need to work on tackling this week...

Yes, and enjoying his ten year record against our traditional rival. Had my 37 yr old son join me to watch the game last night, and he was reminiscing about the Pete Carroll days and celebrating the fact Kelly has flipped the matchup back to ND’s favor; and I was reminiscing about all the great games and back and forth ebb of the series during the McKay and Robinson years. I think one thing is clear, once USC gets the right head coach, they are going to be a perennial top ten program again along with ND, and the games are going to have NC implications for both teams. I won’t be surprised if that’s the case starting next year.

Yawning...

Beating them 3 in a row is nice but kicking the dog when they're down isn't celebration worthy.

Holtz was 9-1-1 against the men of Troy.

9-1-1 against some damn good USC teams.

P. S.

Brian Kelly tried like hell to lose yesterday.

How did we not find a way to keep that RB!!! He is a beast....

BK "managed" a game against a rival....got up, used clock and some good old fashion, time consuming drives.....I thought Lou was out there with that rushing attack.....

yes we just beat the trojans for a 3rd straight time with them still having more game breaking skill players than us which is bad for them because starting next year we'll have on paper one of the scariest group of game changing skilled players on offense that USC will not have seen since the late eighties. I wouldn't want to be in the SC coaches shoes having to figure if you load the box to take away Chris Tyree and his explosive 4.3 speed or load the back end to stop to stop a WR group loaded with game changers like TE Micheal Mayer, WRs Jordan Johnson, Lenzy and Kevin Austin and that doesn't include 6-4 Colzie when he gets on campus and possibly Styles Jr and his 4.4 speed

Last edited:
Reactions: notredamerises23
Yawn- USC kicked us while ND was down for a decade straight when we had scrub coaching from CW and Ty. I remember having so much hope with Quinn and company just to get blown out by 30+ year after year.. I don’t care what the W looks like against USC (or any team for that matter). Yesterday was the best the O has looked all year and the game pan on D limited our playmakers.

Notre Dame has beat SC the past 4/5 seasons.

I could care less what state the SC program is in. That is their problem.

Kelly has brought stability to Norte Dame football.

Something SC wishes they had right now.
That will change fast If usc gets urban meyer witch they are trying to do.

Reactions: TOMMY_23 and 88ND
Yawning...

Beating them 3 in a row is nice but kicking the dog when they're down isn't celebration worthy.

P. S.

Wow just wow.. I have no response for that post.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Also of note ....

First time we played vs an Air Raid offense....

Apparently everyone has employed this defense vs USC( still thought it was a bad idea , considering in my experience watching Air Raid teams I think sending 4 every time after the QB is essential.)

Clay Helton is now 2-1 after is bye week .

And I drunkingly called the offices until 1-2 in the morning to tell Kelly and Lea them boys need to work on tackling this week...

Leach commenting about SC, said he did not recognize the SC offense as ‘air raid’.

Yawning...

P. S.

You're an idiot, why you are even on this board makes no sense. You're not an ND fan, just a troll. No one likes you, go away.

Yawning...

P. S.

The same could be said for Holtz:

I seem to remember USC driving for a possible win in 1989.

In 1990, we stopped Maranovich just shy of the first down marker late in the game to preserve a 10-9 win.

In 1991, I think USC fumbled a late kickoff in a game they lost 24-20.

In 1992, we batted down a pass in the endzone late in a game we won 31-23.

And not all those USC teams were highly rated.

Yawning...

P. S.

Leach commenting about SC, said he did not recognize the SC offense as ‘air raid’.

Well he also locked a kid in a closet for having a concussion....

That will change fast If usc gets urban meyer witch they are trying to do.
Meyer will not coach anytime soon.

Two reasons:

1. His health. He has a brain cyst that causes severe headaches. Remember last season when he could not even stand up straight on the sideline?

2. The biggest reason. HIS WIFE!!!! There is absolutely zero chance she “allows” him to coach anytime soon.

You're an idiot, why you are even on this board makes no sense. You're not an ND fan, just a troll. No one likes you, go away.
Oh yes...
The immature name calling.

Perhaps if you don't like reading it, then exercise your right to ignore.

I live in reality.

Did we beat SC? Yes.

Did we beat them in unmerciful fashion? No.

Could we have? Yes!

Now here's a quick question...

When BK over the years has put a product on the field performing in mediocre fashion...

When you sit on your hands about that or bite your tongue do I even say a word implying you're not really a true fan applauding a mediocre product at ND? Nope.

Why?

It's a free country and an internet message board with any and all opinions welcomed.

If you read things that bother you either ignore it or get some thicker skin.

Reactions: chaseball
Oh yes...

I live in reality.

Did we beat SC? Yes.

Could we have? Yes!

When BK over the years has put a product on the field performing in mediocre fashion...

When you sit on your hands about that or bite your tongue do I even say a word implying you're not really a true fan applauding a mediocre product at ND? Nope.

Why?

It's a free country and an internet message board with any and all opinions welcomed.

Not close to a mediocre product.

Top 10 program. 27 and 5 in last 32. Recruiting is rolling. Momentum building. We're on the rise

Stop crying

No wishful thinking It’s the truth.
maybe you don't follow recruiting very well but we just picked up two top 100 rated game changers on offense with one being 6-4 and the other with elite 4.4 speed and i'm now hearing we could get Shipley from NC who some have rated as the nation's top APB in the 2021 class. we also have the nation's top rated TE, APB and a top five rated 5 star WR all in the 2020 class. not saying Urban won't do good things at SC but PLEASE tell all of us how you see Urban kicking our asses with all of the crazy elite talent that we are bringing in that I memtioned above in this post

Oh yes...

I live in reality.

Did we beat SC? Yes.

Could we have? Yes!

Why?

Don't bother writing long winded coach hating diatribes. I never read your drivel. How do I know what you write about? No, I don't have esp, your hating delusional spew is the same thing over and over and over. Again, you are an idiot.

Reactions: IrishMike409
It’s really sad we lost Stepp, especially because he’s so good but also because he’s an Indy kid and seems like a good guy. Grades shmades. If we wanted him bad enough we’d have made it happen. He’s not completely stupid. Sounds like he gives a shit too. I liked the cancer story they did on him. We was an rkg for sure. I hope we can land a stellar 5 star running back soon.

Reactions: 88ND
If this was considered a big game, then the big game plan was executed as has been the case in big games.

Oh yes...

I live in reality.

Did we beat SC? Yes.

Could we have? Yes!

Why?

Before Kelly arrived, ND looked exactly like SC does now.

No one in college football would fire a coach after he just went 12-1 and has a very good chance of going 11-1 with a very good bowl game.

So, are you one of the few people that would fire Kelly today?

Not close to a mediocre product.

Top 10 program. 27 and 5 in last 32. Recruiting is rolling. Momentum building. We're on the rise

Stop crying
Comprehension sir...

Please note that I CLEARLY said Brian Kelly...the coach... Has put a mediocre product on the field over the course of his tenure.

I didn't say today. I didn't say tomorrow.

But he HAS underachieved at different times in his decade of being the ND coach.

If you celebrate those times does that make you less a fan?

If you're going to reply please follow along

No one in college football would fire a coach after he just went 12-1 and has a very good chance of going 11-1 with a very good bowl game.

Not even close.
The SC teams before BK arrived would have beat us soundly....because minus the push game that's exactly what they did. They hammered us.
USC back then actually won major bowl games, won titles, and didn't do stupid shit like false start 6 times at a tough road game. They actually won games like those.

I wouldn't fire him today. I would have dismissed him after the 4-8 season. I would have dismissed him scoring 3 points...
in 2018 college football mind you...
in the Playoff game.

If we end the year with another embarrassing performance against a good program with 6 weeks prep time.. I'd fire him then too.

No... I wouldn't fire him October 13th 2019

Yes he would. This tool has brain damage.

Don't bother writing long winded coach hating diatribes. I never read your drivel. How do I know what you write about? No, I don't have esp, your hating delusional spew is the same thing over and over and over. Again, you are an idiot.
:cool:
Excuses.

You can't help yourself but read it.

Just remember this...
If someone says something that is crazy.... Like ND has never won a title or they're the worst team in D1 football....
The reaction is people just laugh and think that's just crazy. Ha ha

Say something in reality that pisses someone off...
Truth hurts.

If you wish to act like an adult and discuss football, the program etc... Let's go.

Calling people names when they say something that isn't coddling and warming to your heart is childishly immature.

Not even close.
The SC teams before BK arrived would have beat us soundly....because minus the push game that's exactly what they did. They hammered us.
USC back then actually won major bowl games, won titles, and didn't do stupid shit like false start 6 times at a tough road game. They actually won games like those.

I wouldn't fire him today. I would have dismissed him after the 4-8 season. I would have dismissed him scoring 3 points...
in 2018 college football mind you...
in the Playoff game.

If we end the year with another embarrassing performance against a good program with 6 weeks prep time.. I'd fire him then too.

No... I wouldn't fire him October 13th 2019
Before Kelly arrived, ND looked terrible. SC had their way with us.

Now, that is reversed.

So you would fire a coach after going at minimum,

23-3?

Who would you bring in that has compiled a better record over the last two seasons?

You are not rational.

I wanted him gone after the 4-9 season. However, I was totally wrong about that.

Kelly changed his staff and gave up offensive play calling. Which has given him more freedom to be the Head Coach. He is now able to be more involved with the whole team.

Not many top college coaches or even NFL coaches, are there own Coordinators.

Oh yes...

I live in reality.

Did we beat SC? Yes.

Could we have? Yes!

Why?

The literal definition of mediocre is “ not good”........

Are we great ? Nah , are we good ? Yes!! the state of ND football right now is damn good......

I played in games we should have crushed the opponent we lost, I played in games we should have lost we won, I played in games were we absolutely ****ed a teams world up, and shouldn’t have been on the field with them athlete to athlete....

Knowing what I know about this sport a close win is about the best thing that could have happened for ND right now.....

Now we walk into Ann Arbor with a chip on our shoulder, because people still doubt us, and the players can and will see based on their own evaluation of themselves their is plenty to still work for and improve...

Last edited:
The literal definition of mediocre is “ not good”........

Are we great ? Nah , are we good ? Yes the state of ND football right now is damn good......
Again..

It was pretty clear stating that over his tenure BK has put a mediocre product on the field.

That didn't mean yesterday or tomorrow.

Please follow along.

maybe you don't follow recruiting very well but we just picked up two top 100 rated game changers on offense with one being 6-4 and the other with elite 4.4 speed and i'm now hearing we could get Shipley from NC who some have rated as the nation's top APB in the 2021 class. we also have the nation's top rated TE, APB and a top five rated 5 star WR all in the 2020 class. not saying Urban won't do good things at SC but PLEASE tell all of us how you see Urban kicking our asses with all of the crazy elite talent that we are bringing in that I memtioned above in this post
By out coaching Kelly.

Before Kelly arrived, ND looked terrible. SC had their way with us.

Now, that is reversed.

So you would fire a coach after going at minimum,

23-3?

Who would you bring in that has compiled a better record over the last two seasons?

You are not rational.

I wanted him gone after the 4-9 season. However, I was totally wrong about that.

Kelly changed his staff and gave up offensive play calling. Which has given him more freedom to be the Head Coach. He is now able to be more involved with the whole team.

Not many top college coaches or even NFL coaches, are there own Coordinators.
Why were you wrong about that?

First of all I clearly state I wouldn't fire him mid season or did you selectively skip that part like you do most of time whilst reciting a post...

But after going 4-8 and you wanted him gone but now say you were wrong... Why?

Explain this.

You have no idea what could have been if he was dismissed after that juvenile 4-8 season.

What exactly has he won that makes you wrong?

A title? No
A major bowl trophy? No
A playoff appearance? Yes
Get close in a huge road game but still lose? Yep.. He's been doing that is entire tenure.

A competitive showing in a major bowl? Nope

It's been ten years and that has yet to happen. Not even competitive.

So what exactly were you wrong about?

Because he has the program in better shape than..........
Charlie Weis?
Willingham?

I'm not sure how you celebrate being better than those two hires.

Hell Weis and Davie both had a top 5 win to their credit.

BK STILL hasnt done that. 10 years and not once beat a top 5.

Usually the law of averages kicks in but he's defying that.

Simply amazing

Again..

It was pretty clear stating that over his tenure BK has put a mediocre product on the field.

That didn't mean yesterday or tomorrow.

Please follow along.

I’d argue that 4 /10 undeniably good teams ain’t bad for a shitty little town in the middle of Indiana........

3/10 above average, solid teams ain’t bad.... couple 8-9 win seasons ended with bowl victories over above mediocre football squads...

Leaves us 3 seasons we underperformed...... 2016
We were a mediocre team, who got dealt a shit hand......

Other 2 we were who I thought we were................

ND football is better right now then it has been since Holtz...

Why were you wrong about that?

First of all I clearly state I wouldn't fire him mid season or did you selectively skip that part like you do most of time whilst reciting a post...

But after going 4-8 and you wanted him gone but now say you were wrong... Why?

Explain this.

You have no idea what could have been if he was dismissed after that juvenile 4-8 season.

What exactly has he won that makes you wrong?

A title? No
A major bowl trophy? No
A playoff appearance? Yes
Get close in a huge road game but still lose? Yep.. He's been doing that is entire tenure.

A competitive showing in a major bowl? Nope

It's been ten years and that has yet to happen. Not even competitive.

So what exactly were you wrong about?

Because he has the program in better shape than..........
Charlie Weis?
Willingham?

I'm not sure how you celebrate being better than those two hires.

Hell Weis and Davie both had a top 5 win to their credit.

BK STILL hasnt done that. 10 years and not once beat a top 5.

Usually the law of averages kicks in but he's defying that.

Simply amazing

Charlie Weis only Top 5 win was undeniably aided by questionable calls to a team that ended up shit...

Brian kelly also beat a Michigan state squad that ended the season in the playoff if I’m not mistaken...

By out coaching Kelly.

If by coaching you mean a program that’s similar from January to January on a neutral field get the **** out....

Kelly has done nothing but build shit squads into formidable football team on a national level, Urban has shown up in the best situation possible at his most successful coaching stints...

Kelly started at what level of football winning national championships til he got to ND ??

You’re talking privileged great athlete in a middle class family at a good school with all the coaching in the world vs an inner city kid whose life outside of football is hell bent on survival......

Kelly’s USC would last longer , then Urbans and be far more successful if you wanna look at it apples to apples.....

If by coaching you mean a program that’s similar from January to January on a neutral field get the **** out....

Kelly has done nothing but build shit squads into formidable football team on a national level, Urban has shown up in the best situation possible at his most successful coaching stints...

Kelly started at what level of football winning national championships til he got to ND ??

You’re talking privileged great athlete in a middle class family at a good school with all the coaching in the world vs an inner city kid whose life outside of football is hell bent on survival......

OK

Last edited:

Kelly’s USC would last longer , then Urbans and be far more successful if you wanna look at it apples to apples.....
Ahhhhheemmmmm you're in trouble. Kelly hating poster 88ND is coming for you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT