ADVERTISEMENT

DIACO

THUNDERSTRUCK111

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 21, 2012
Defense
what type of offense did he run this year at uconn.....also saw his defense was ranked as high as 22nd in scoring d this year
This post was edited on 2/10 5:44 PM by THUNDERSTRUCK111

he inherited a high school team.....just curious if he was a pro style offense or does he run a spread like his old boss

UConn played with 3 WR and a TE. They also played 4 wide with a RB.
At times they used a fullback, TE, RB. Similar to a lot of teams in the way they played except for the fullback - and the talent.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Reactions: ClearTheWay
Very similar offense to what most people run, 1TE 3WR, 4 WR 1 BACK, 2 BACK 2 TE in Short Yardage, It's not X and O's, it's Jimmy's and Joe's.

He is a really smart Defensive Coach, to play that kind of defense, with an offense that gives you nothing is quite remarkable, I really feel like ND would of been a 10-3 Football team with him running the defense last year.

I do know UConn fired their OC. And they recently hired former ND coach Frank Verducci to run the offense.

Originally posted by cgvr:
Sorry thunder.

I wasn't trying to be snarky.

I didn't get a chance to see them play.

They rushed 56 times more than they passed. (15 players caught passes)

Their QB's balanced 12 TD's with 12 ints.....

Linked are the season stats...

no prob cgvr ....i never took it that way .....all is good just wondering how bd is doin w uconn. And what offense does he prefer

I'm still reeling from our 2009 double OT loss at home to them...

"Zach Frazer's revenge...."

PS Ct is 1-0 lifetime vs us....

I was totally dumbfounded by it.

Ct was playing with a lot of emotion.

Man that was a tough one to decipher.

OT It would be great if NYC could figure out how to get in the CFB mix....

Of all the humiliating losses ND has suffered over the last 2 decades, the UCONN loss, for me, still ranks as the worst. I got calls from people who never, and I mean never call me - people I hadn't heard from in months - who just wanted to give me the business. I felt even worse for my sister-in-law, and ND alum, who actually went to the game with her then-fiancee (now husband), a UCONN fan.

Would have to say getting throttled by an inferior Navy team a few years back was more humiliating. I expect tough games with them but that was bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT