ADVERTISEMENT

Dead Program

IrishFan76

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 28, 2003
this football program is done until ND decides they want to be a football power and that's not happening ever. Get whatever coach you want. The results will be the same. Don't care what the final outcome of this game is. You can see it in every game ND plays. School doesn't care cause they just keep making money off of it. They'll just keep lying to the fan base about how they are dedicated to having championship competing football teams while they line their pockets.

this football program is done until ND decides they want to be a football power and that's not happening ever. Get whatever coach you want. The results will be the same. Don't care what the final outcome of this game is. You can see it in every game ND plays. School doesn't care cause they just keep making money off of it. They'll just keep lying to the fan base about how they are dedicated to having championship competing football teams while they line their pockets.
I've been saying this for years under different names. People didn't like it.

Not true

If it can be done at Stanford it can be done at ND.

The blue print is right there

Reactions: perseverare
Great. If ND picks the school up and moves it to California maybe that can happen. Whenever this discussion comes up I think location and the fact that the home state recruiting has a ton of talent allows Stanford to be competitive despite the tough admissions.

Great. If ND picks the school up and moves it to California maybe that can happen. Whenever this discussion comes up I think location and the fact that the home state recruiting has a ton of talent allows Stanford to be competitive despite the tough admissions.
It's hard to argue against that, but the blue print is still there for a Shaw minded coach

Reactions: perseverare
Last year Stanford signed exactly 3 CA players. They recruit from all over the country like ND because of their academic standards. Location has nothing to do with it

Last year Stanford signed exactly 3 CA players. They recruit from all over the country like ND because of their academic standards. Location has nothing to do with it

Interesting stat. Did not know that.

Regardless of where they come from Stanford has a lot of "lower ranked" players that just play tough.. they are hard nosed players. We just don't see that except for 1 or 2 players.

Agree with that but still feel this football program has to change their approach if their goal is truly what they state which I don't think it is. They are perfectly happy with the results they see as long as they are making money.

Agree with that but still feel this football program has to change their approach if their goal is truly what they state which I don't think it is. They are perfectly happy with the results they see as long as they are making money.
I completely agree with this. Kelly wins enough games that we are respectable but we very rarely win against a really good team. MSU and OU are 2 but beyond that we haven't beaten many good teams in 6+ years

I believe this is exactly the problem at ND. The whole administration needs to agree that championship football is important to the university. They're making too much money from becoming a shrine to their past glories and being an academic institution.

Reactions: captstabbin
Have to assume - based on the fact that Stanford hires better coaches - Stanford is more committed to winning than is ND

Although ND (football) may be more committed to making money (profit) than Stanford (and I am confident that they are).
Completely agree, but as I've said the blue print is there

That punt is the perfect analogy for this program and staff. That was the safe, weak and cowardly call. I'm a believer that a team takes on their coaches personality and Kelly is weak and soft. He'll always make the safe call and plays it safe, he's not tough and confident... he's scared and weak. That personality is passed onto the team and they play the same way.

Reactions: captstabbin
That punt is the perfect analogy for this program and staff. That was the safe, weak and cowardly call. I'm a believer that a team takes on their coaches personality and Kelly has weak and soft. He'll always make the safe call and plays it safe, he's not tough and confident... he's scared and weak. That personality is passed onto the team and they play the same way.
Lame Duck

Ditto. It's all about the marketing and never about the product re football at ND. Guess with sycophants like some of the Kelly bootlickers who come on this board to defend the indefensible it will probably go on a good while longer . The ND powers that be who chase every football dollar they can get their hands on are counting on that. It's unseemly to hv an elite football program but not to profit handsomely from a perennially mediocre one.. ND football schizophrenia

Ditto. It's all about the marketing and never about the product re football at ND. Guess with sycophants like some of the Kelly bootlickers who come on this board to defend the indefensible it will probably go on a good while longer . The ND powers that be who chase every football dollar they can get their hands on are counting on that. It's unseemly to hv an elite football program but not to profit handsomely from a perennially mediocre one.. ND football schizophrenia
It's become a cheesy product since Holtz was discarded

Football is not a gentlemen's game. It is not just technical either. Holtz was fiery and a great motivator. Kelly and all his lectures creates the opposite effect.
Don't forget it's just another business meeting. Got to keep an even keel. 18-22 yr Olds eat that stuff up...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT