ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy Bad Defensive Stat

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
This is Defensive Quote. SO what ND has given up.
"The Irish's previous five games against Power Five teams have resulted in 23 trips inside the 20 with 19 touchdowns and four field goals."

There's another stat I forget the number but it's like under BVG ND has given up 60+ TD drives of over 75 yards.

STATS DO NOT LIE.. It's not working. It's too easy for teams to execute against our D.

My biggest problem is it is too easy for teams to know when they have single coverage on the outside and throw it up. You never see ND have 2 people around a deep ball, but yet when we try a deep ball the other teams most of the time have safety help.

Brutal Defense

He's getting paid $1.1 million a year. The more I look at the Facts and Stats the more disgusted I get.

Reactions: IrishBlessings
Nasty, don't recall all the stats on ND's defense, but they are pathetic and beyond unacceptable. I believe we are one of two teams in Div 1 without a QB sack after three games. The percentage of allowed third down conversions is within striking distance of being the worst. The two stats you cite are game killers. Giving up 501 yards to MSU and their very average or below average offense was humiliating. Can you imagine what Ohio St or Alabama or Clemson or Houston, et al would do to this defense? Hoping like hell that BVG shows some personal loyalty and respect for Kelly and resign, today!

Nasty, don't recall all the stats on ND's defense, but they are pathetic and beyond unacceptable. I believe we are one of two teams in Div 1 without a QB sack after three games. The percentage of allowed third down conversions is within striking distance of being the worst. The two stats you cite are game killers. Giving up 501 yards to MSU and their very average or below average offense was humiliating. Can you imagine what Ohio St or Alabama or Clemson or Houston, et al would do to this defense? Hoping like hell that BVG shows some personal loyalty and respect for Kelly and resign, today!
I would much rather play Alabama, Clemson, or even Houston this year than Ohio State and Louisville. CHRISTMAS TREE TIME if that happened

This is Defensive Quote. SO what ND has given up.
"The Irish's previous five games against Power Five teams have resulted in 23 trips inside the 20 with 19 touchdowns and four field goals."

There's another stat I forget the number but it's like under BVG ND has given up 60+ TD drives of over 75 yards.

STATS DO NOT LIE.. It's not working. It's too easy for teams to execute against our D.

My biggest problem is it is too easy for teams to know when they have single coverage on the outside and throw it up. You never see ND have 2 people around a deep ball, but yet when we try a deep ball the other teams most of the time have safety help.

Brutal Defense

He's getting paid $1.1 million a year. The more I look at the Facts and Stats the more disgusted I get.

Spot on - I will also bet my house that Michigan State does not score 36 or more points in another game this season. We made a 5th year senior w/ what 2 career starts look like a seasoned vet and all Big 10 QB. Crazy how almost every teams QB ends up having their career best games vs. ND.

The NV QB was just plain awful - he missed a lot of wide open guys - if he had been half way decent that game would of a dogfight until the end.

BK needs to fire BVG right now - BK though is gonna try to save his own ass and wait to seasons end and then fire BVG to make it look like its all BVG fault - BVG will be the fall guy for BK. But, he should be fired now so a new D coordinator can help us win games and get acclimated to his personnel for next season.

I would much rather play Alabama, Clemson, or even Houston this year than Ohio State and Louisville. CHRISTMAS TREE TIME if that happened
When I was watching Louisville dismantle FSU on Saturday, I was thinking, what the hell would they do to us??????

^ yep! they would put 50-60 on BVG
and their blitz packages would have Kelly appoplexic! confused and bewildered!
and worse I saw a few teams that might do likewise!

another major bowl blowout may have been averted; albeit, in an unfavorable way.

Spot on - I will also bet my house that Michigan State does not score 36 or more points in another game this season. We made a 5th year senior w/ what 2 career starts look like a seasoned vet and all Big 10 QB. Crazy how almost every teams QB ends up having their career best games vs. ND.

The NV QB was just plain awful - he missed a lot of wide open guys - if he had been half way decent that game would of a dogfight until the end.

BK needs to fire BVG right now - BK though is gonna try to save his own ass and wait to seasons end and then fire BVG to make it look like its all BVG fault - BVG will be the fall guy for BK. But, he should be fired now so a new D coordinator can help us win games and get acclimated to his personnel for next season.
What's awful was MSU was playing for a low scoring game, simple not risky throws, and make sure they didn't hand ND any points. I guarantee Mark Dantonio would have taken 24 points before the game no problem. Instead they have 36 points half way through the 3rd quarter with a crazy simplistic offense. Double pull run opposite Rochelle all game long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT