ADVERTISEMENT

Cowherd

hoopsstar12

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 16, 2008
Says Urbie last year. Says BK Is marketable to NFL. Says John Harbaugh has some interest in college ball. Says J. Franklin a possibility for USC.

yeah yeah yeah. I just dont know if I see BK leaving ND for the NFL now. He's finally starting to get this thing rolling and he would jump ship to a whole new situation that likely isnt a good 1 in the NFL which he has never coached in? Not buying this. Not saying he's not right and NFL teams have some interest. But his inference that BK is probably going to jump to the NFL sooner rather than later I'm not buying.

I could see BK jump. Every coach has to wonder and he ain’t getting any younger. It would be an ego move and one he’d probably regret, maybe. I would argue that ND is more prestigious a job than most NFL teams. It’d have to be a decent team. Not the Lions, Browns, Bengals, Buffalo, etc

Actually a lot of buzz tonight that Clay is staying. Hope it isn't true

Disasterous for SC. What does that message send to recruits. “come have an ice cream cone with Clay”

How can he conduct a practice? (oh yea, he doesn’t)

Helton is killing SC recruiting! Worse he is sending top Ca. kids to the SEC.

Last edited:
Reactions: zro pts4u
I think the powers to be at USC just might be hearing the masses chant "Keep Coach Helton". The people have spoken!

Well that is great news, for ND in ‘19. The 3 year scores (17-19) might match the run PC had on Weis.

BK keeps repeating over and over again, ND is his last job as a head coach. His venture in 2012 told him the NFL wasn't his cup of tea. I decided a long time ago to trust him. I truly hope this isn't his last contract before he hangs up his whistle. Only time will tell. He's brought ND Football to a sweet spot--don't retire coach!

Yep. Almost matches the 9-1-1 run Lou had on the Trojans. The fact is, these two programs have been going at it, winning streaks, losing streaks, ruining each other's seasons, for the better part of 90 years and I only want what's best for the USC program.

“Well that is great news, for ND in ‘19. The 3 year scores (17-19) might match the run PC had on Weis”

Willingham lost by 31 to usc three times in a row. Ouch

Reactions: HarlemIrish
I think the guy deservs one more year. He had 2 big years out of the gate. He had a Freshman QB this year. Everybody should get one mulligan.

Do i think he is the right guy. No. But he deserves a shot next year to show 16 & 17 was not a fluke. And 18 is just an aberration

Or you do the Gene Chizik thing and say its not you it was the QB. So hit the bricks pal.

From what I saw on USC post game coverage from Trojan insiders, JT and St Brown are both serious and locked in to the point that they have become the team leaders among the young players. The future may very well look good for the Trojan program.

From what I saw on USC post game coverage from Trojan insiders, JT and St Brown are both serious and locked in to the point that they have become the team leaders among the young players. The future may very well look good for the Trojan program.

2 true Fr. as Team leaders? Rediculous, not with Gustin and Smith on that team.
The leadership problem is with the staff, not the players.

Actually a lot of buzz tonight that Clay is staying. Hope it isn't true
Why?

He had back to back 10 win seasons...
A rose bowl win... (major bowl win is something Brian Kelly hasn't done)
Brian Kelly has multiple seasons here like the one you are currently in the midst of.

This is only his third season of technically being called head coach.

Three years in college or pro is not any kind of indicator whatsoever.

Unless something is proven he's been doing some kind of conduct unbecoming(aside from sour grapes) it's a bit premature to pull the plug.

Why?

Brian Kelly has multiple seasons here like the one you are currently in the midst of.

Unless something is proven he's been doing some kind of conduct unbecoming(aside from sour grapes) it's a bit premature to pull the plug.

Neither Helton nor Swann were qualified for thepositionsthey hold. They enjoy a symbiotic relationship.

Neither Helton nor Swann were qualified for thepositionsthey hold. They enjoy a symbiotic relationship.
GTFO with that shit.

Think about this.....

Helton has a major bowl win...two back to back 10 win seasons. Trouble in his current but only THIRD season.

Yet somehow that means Swann and Helton are clueless.

That's some day care rhetoric for sure.

Why?

Anyone see the irony in 88 trying to defend a struggling coach into getting more chances.....?

Please save the whole "BK never won a major bowl..." and realize you were screaming daily/hourly this off season to fire a coach who is now 11-0. Maybe you have learned a lesson in that the grass isn't always greener and you should fire someone immediately?

GTFO with that shit.

Think about this.....

Helton has a major bowl win...two back to back 10 win seasons. Trouble in his current but only THIRD season.

Yet somehow that means Swann and Helton are clueless.

That's some day care rhetoric for sure.

From someone that knows little and less about SC football.

Anyone see the irony in 88 trying to defend a struggling coach into getting more chances.....?

Please save the whole "BK never won a major bowl..." and realize you were screaming daily/hourly this off season to fire a coach who is now 11-0. Maybe you have learned a lesson in that the grass isn't always greener and you should fire someone immediately?
he'll never pass up an opportunity to take a shot at kelly. never.

Reactions: nemeth#5
2 true Fr. as Team leaders? Rediculous, not with Gustin and Smith on that team.
The leadership problem is with the staff, not the players.
I said leaders among the young players. Not the whole team. Using the same SC insiders that everyone else considers gospel on the Helton debacle. They also mentioned this might go well for the future of the program. Those are their words. Not mine. I can give a rat's behind one way or another.

Why?

That's true, hopefully they sign him up for the foreseeable future.

No dumbass....

He's in year three. He's having "A" bad year. Off of two ten win seasons.

Ready for this... And...

Wait for it....

A MAJOR BOWL WIN. Holy shit. A major bowl win
Something still eluding your lover.

There is no irony in my post.

The BK situation is night and day here...

Lastly clown....

I never called for his firing in year three. Matter of fact I didn't want him dismissed until BVG, 38 drop backs in hurricane...Ripping the face off a center trying to shotgun snap standing in a creek.

Thank you for coming. Have a great day.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
He will go to the N F L , if he gets the right offer . I hope not
I think I want him to stay also. I’ve been on and off the fence for 9 long years, but Kelly seems to have transformed himself these last few years. Hopefully, old Kelly doesn’t reappear.

I’d just like him to not entertain any offers until after this Championship run. It seems obvious, but...

Reactions: SIhoosier26
yeah yeah yeah. I just dont know if I see BK leaving ND for the NFL now. He's finally starting to get this thing rolling and he would jump ship to a whole new situation that likely isnt a good 1 in the NFL which he has never coached in? Not buying this. Not saying he's not right and NFL teams have some interest. But his inference that BK is probably going to jump to the NFL sooner rather than later I'm not buying.
If opportunity presents itself why wouldn't he?

I believe coaching at ND to the success he has has prepared him more for the NFL than Oregon did Chip Kelly

Yeah, It may be the only guy who doesn't see what a total fraud Clay is, is Swann

What was the career achievements that qualified either to be hired in their currnt positions?
Neither ever held such position ever prior to being named at USC.

No dumbass....

Ready for this... And...

Wait for it....

Lastly clown....

I never called for his firing in year three. Matter of fact I didn't want him dismissed until BVG, 38 drop backs in hurricane...Ripping the face off a center trying to shotgun snap standing in a creek.

Pump the brakes... i haven't heard such vanilla insults since middle school (Clown?)...... Same argument could be said that Helton has not won COY..... wait for it TWICE.

Face it, you wanted BK fired.... and you were wrong. Spin it however you want but you are deep down hoping for him to fail.... always have been.... now instead of ranting about him you act like you know the game of football (it is obvious to anyone who played, you dont) by typing up these stupid ass grades. Biggest joke on the board.

Reactions: echowaker
No dumbass....

Ready for this... And...

Wait for it....

Lastly clown....

woo hoo a major bowl win. do you get extra points for that ? if you're not in the playoff the rest is the NIT.

Last edited:
Reactions: nemeth#5
Pump the brakes... i haven't heard such vanilla insults since middle school (Clown?)...... Same argument could be said that Helton has not won COY..... wait for it TWICE.

Face it, you wanted BK fired.... and you were wrong. Spin it however you want but you are deep down hoping for him to fail.... always have been.... now instead of ranting about him you act like you know the game of football (it is obvious to anyone who played, you dont) by typing up these stupid ass grades. Biggest joke on the board.

Nemeth, What’s happens if Irish get upset this weekend? Lose first round in BCS playoffs?

Nemeth, What’s happens if Irish get upset this weekend? Lose first round in BCS playoffs?

A loss to lowly SC might lead the committee to think ND the product of a weak schedule and open the door for consideration of other contenders.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT