ADVERTISEMENT

congrats to our irish for a blowout win while being vanilla for michigan st

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
i'm still worried about the d-backs on defense but am happy overall with the team today because they played very vanilla on defense and offense on purpose today to not show the Spartans anything and yet still put up 30 plus pts and only gave up 10 pts. chase claypool needs to get more touches and josh adams needs to get about 20 carrries a game going forward but again I am overall very happy about today's performance considering that they were very vanilla play calling wise and not trying to show the Spartans some things that they will run next Saturday night

i'm still worried about the d-backs on defense but am happy overall with the team today because they played very vanilla on defense and offense on purpose today to not show the Spartans anything and yet still put up 30 plus pts and only gave up 10 pts. chase claypool needs to get more touches and josh adams needs to get about 20 carrries a game going forward but again I am overall very happy about today's performance considering that they were very vanilla play calling wise and not trying to show the Spartans some things that they will run next Saturday night

msu had a bye. So, how was our look at them?

Great post as usual coolIrish ! Great win today ! The second team got to play a whole lot and the team played with tenacity !
Go Irish !
Beat Michigan State !

thanks Bodi for the comments. next weekend should be really exciting with a lot of big time elite 4 star recruits coming in while playing in primetime against a very good program in Michigan st

Reactions: Bodizephax
MSU will be very different from UT offensively. I expect the ND defense to struggle defending the pass. But the problem is that MSU will eat the clock. ND's offense won't get as many possessions as in the UT game.
The ND offense will have to be very effective and very efficient. I would not be surprised to see similar game plans from both staffs.

Did anyone watch the Tenn or FSU games?
FSU has great DB's while Tenn has some outstanding WR's.
VT will be a tough physical game for ND but ND can win that game if it does not lose the turnover battle.

Reactions: G_a_r_y
I don't know pers if you watched the mich st vs furman game on the big ten network a couple of Fridays ago or not but the Spartans were awful at times on offense considering they played a bad fcs team and so i'm not going to get too scared about them on that side but there front seven on defense though could be tough to run against

I could only go by the stats for the QB and the WR's who caught the ball. I will look on line for some game clips.

But if you watch the 1.25 Qtrs vs Nev. the ND D was not as impressive as some posted during the game.
The DL got little push and was moved off the line. The DB's had some coverage issues. MSU will be much better than Nev. The announcers noted that the taller WR's would be problems for the shorter ND corners.

That's the bad, the good, is that MSU might have bigger issues with the ND offense if the OL pass protects.

Reactions: tkirish
well pers I watched the whole mich st vs furman game and again they just didn't look very good on offense against a bad fcs team. still worried about there front seven but if we can run against them then I think we win because that'll open up things down the field with sanders and st. brown catching passes

geez, I thought Furman had far less talent, but looked like a very well coached team. But those vid clips were not like watching the whole game as played.

well, that changes the vid I posted and watched how? They looked like they played pretty sound football vs MSU. They just were overwhelmed physically. Did you watch the condensed replay? before your post?

I watched the game live pers if your talking to me. mich st pulled away late but again i'm not too concerned about there offense. remember that there not a team that is going to throw the ball as much as much as most teams and so i'm not as worried about hurting our secondary as so other teams could like a team like florida st or louiseville could

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT