ADVERTISEMENT

"Clemson star: Only great players grab each others’ testic***"

cgvr

I've posted how many times?
Jun 25, 2010
By Howie Kussoy

January 4, 2017 |

In Clemson’s Fiesta Bowl win over Ohio State, defensive lineman Christian Wilkins drew unwanted attention after blatantly grabbing the crotch of Buckeyes running back Curtis Samuels, but Tigers linebacker Ben Boulware defended the action as a common – and usually more subtle – practice that lightens the mood of the team.

“That’s something we’ve done all year to mess with a player,” Boulware told reporters on campus Wednesday. “No one’s probably done it as aggressive as Christian did. … I did it against USC. The dude tweeted it. I just poked him in the butt. Like, it’s just something we do to mess with players, break up the seriousness of the game.

“It’s really not that big of a deal. … I know this is probably going to blow up, and everyone’s going to think I’m a sexual predator because I poke guys in the butt now. … Our defense, we’re good, we also like to have fun out there.”

If that doesn’t make sense to you, then clearly you never played high-level football.

“I know there’s going to be one person: ‘Well, I played football and I never did that,’ [but] you either sucked at football, you had no friends in the locker room or you were that person that went into the bathroom stall to change because you were scared to shower with the team,” Boulware said. “Yes, Christian went about four fingers deep. He went a little too far, but when I’m just messing with somebody, poking them in the belly button or grabbing someone’s butt, it’s just to break up the seriousness of the game. The people who are freaking out about that have never played the game, or were just losers who didn’t have any friends when they played the game. It’s annoying.”

Wilkins will not receive any discipline from Clemson coach Dabo Swinney, who described Wilkins as “goofy.”

“He’s a guy that can be a little silly at times,” Swinney said. “We don’t have a better young man on the team than Christian Wilkins. [He] apologized for it, apologized to the kid, that’s really it.”
http://nypost.com/2017/01/04/clemson-star-only-great-players-grab-each-others-testicles/

You tell me. You're the one with the fascination for the story. Surprising for a "alum" who is a shaker and mover, who rubs elbows with people in high places to get changes made within the football program and who once told off Digger, face to face.

Reactions: Bodizephax
You tell me. You're the one with the fascination for the story. Surprising for a "alum" who is a shaker and mover, who rubs elbows with people in high places to get changes made within the football program and who once told off Digger, face to face.
I am thinking he is a bit envious of the OSU rb.

Fascination? I think players exhibiting this type behavior should be ejected and suspended.
Telling Digger off was no big deal. Lots of folks thought he was a jackass. I am sure some of the folks on this board who were students during his time may know the stories.... He should be thankful there was no internet then....

Digger enjoyed getting into it with students ... he came to every dorm and did a talk and Q&A with students and regularly got into it with kids ... it was part of his schtick to be ornery and arrogant guy

Reactions: deadirishpoet
When I was in elementary school, Digger Phelps was the chairman of an Indiana read-a-thon where elementary school kids would raise money by reading. The top 60 readers in the state were selected to go to a banquet hosted by Digger. I read and read and read, but I didn't make the cut for the banquet. I was crushed and wrote Digger to complain. He sent a thoughtful three page handwritten letter back explaining that we can't expect to be rewarded for doing good things and when we lose after doing our best we have to try harder and keep doing good things. I was in like 4th grade or something, so it wasn't the response I hoped for. But it was a pretty cool lesson.

Also when I was in elementary school, we played lots and lots of football in a vacant lot in the neighborhood. But we didn't fondle each other to lighten things up. That's just weird.

Last edited:
We all know the type of things that happen in the pile. This is not new behavior.

The fact he did it right out in the open is what perplexes me!

By Howie Kussoy

January 4, 2017 |

In Clemson’s Fiesta Bowl win over Ohio State, defensive lineman Christian Wilkins drew unwanted attention after blatantly grabbing the crotch of Buckeyes running back Curtis Samuels, but Tigers linebacker Ben Boulware defended the action as a common – and usually more subtle – practice that lightens the mood of the team.

“That’s something we’ve done all year to mess with a player,” Boulware told reporters on campus Wednesday. “No one’s probably done it as aggressive as Christian did. … I did it against USC. The dude tweeted it. I just poked him in the butt. Like, it’s just something we do to mess with players, break up the seriousness of the game.

“It’s really not that big of a deal. … I know this is probably going to blow up, and everyone’s going to think I’m a sexual predator because I poke guys in the butt now. … Our defense, we’re good, we also like to have fun out there.”

If that doesn’t make sense to you, then clearly you never played high-level football.

“I know there’s going to be one person: ‘Well, I played football and I never did that,’ [but] you either sucked at football, you had no friends in the locker room or you were that person that went into the bathroom stall to change because you were scared to shower with the team,” Boulware said. “Yes, Christian went about four fingers deep. He went a little too far, but when I’m just messing with somebody, poking them in the belly button or grabbing someone’s butt, it’s just to break up the seriousness of the game. The people who are freaking out about that have never played the game, or were just losers who didn’t have any friends when they played the game. It’s annoying.”

Wilkins will not receive any discipline from Clemson coach Dabo Swinney, who described Wilkins as “goofy.”

“He’s a guy that can be a little silly at times,” Swinney said. “We don’t have a better young man on the team than Christian Wilkins. [He] apologized for it, apologized to the kid, that’s really it.”
http://nypost.com/2017/01/04/clemson-star-only-great-players-grab-each-others-testicles/

Does your husband do that to you? Is your post just a cry for acceptance?

Reactions: Pennick44
I wrestled against a guy in high school that was a well-known "oil-checker." I was so focused on keeping his hands away, he kicked my behind all over the mat. As I recall, he never even tried the move with me, but he had me mentally beat from the opening whistle.

I'm not condoning the practice, but it is a huge psychological advantage to get under your opponents skin and make them worry about something other than the game at hand.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Fascination? I think players exhibiting this type behavior should be ejected and suspended.
Telling Digger off was no big deal. Lots of folks thought he was a jackass. I am sure some of the folks on this board who were students during his time may know the stories.... He should be thankful there was no internet then....

Only people who actually met him. :)

Reactions: cgvr
Thanks for your prayers. I thought I was just having fun banter with you. I will stop.
No worries. Just be you soldier....
St. Ed's was good these past 2 days. St Elizabeth Seton and St. Bishop John Neumann.
Hoping things in your family are moving in the right direction.
Tough stuff and something I dread....
PS I am one of 8 too. 4 boys in a row then 4 girls...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT