ADVERTISEMENT

Clarence Lewis is entering the transfer portal

He was a solid player for us, stepping in to start as a frosh when we had a thin room and playing meaningful backup minutes thereafter. If he wants to start then good move for him, we know what he is and what he isn’t in our d backfield, and there’s no reason to think that would change.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Cb is fine. Thin for spring. Lewis was a liability anywhere outside of slot and we have better options.
Agreed. this could have impact if there is an injury. Only proven commodity is BenMo with Grey and Mickey showing promise but nothing stellar but a year of development should behoove all

Reactions: mirer03
No it won't

CB1 - Morrison Tucker Moore
CB2 - Gray Mickey Hobbs
Nick - Clark Bell Heard (if necessary)

We have 9 guys for 3 spots. We'll be okay
Tucker is no good, Mickey did not progress like I/we hoped last year, don’t know on bell yet… I love gray/morrison starting combo but could be massive drop off after them

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Tucker is no good, Mickey did not progress like I/we hoped last year, don’t know on bell yet… I love gray/morrison starting combo but could be massive drop off after them
Nah, Mickey played well and is a very good number 3 corner. He's progressing to his recruiting ranking and his ability. He's a talented kid but not an elite one. Good player. He'd start on a lot of p5 teams

You’re assuming Grey starts over Mickey? May be the case but expect some growing pains from a first time starter, this position will be solid but will probably take a step backward from 2023. Behind these 3, is a steeep decline,

You’re assuming Grey starts over Mickey? May be the case but expect some growing pains from a first time starter, this position will be solid but will probably take a step backward from 2023. Behind these 3, is a steeep decline,
Yes absolutely. Gray is a freak and he's going to be a stud

Nah, Mickey played well and is a very good number 3 corner. He's progressing to his recruiting ranking and his ability. He's a talented kid but not an elite one. Good player. He'd start on a lot of p5 teams
He didn't play well compared to BenMo and Hart or even Gray for that matter. But I do agree he would start on a lot of P5 teams. I just thought he'd take a big leap forward after his disaster frosh season.

He didn't play well compared to BenMo and Hart or even Gray for that matter. But I do agree he would start on a lot of P5 teams. I just thought he'd take a big leap forward after his disaster frosh season.
You're right. He didnt play well compared to a future 1st rounder and other top 3rd draft choices as a soph.

He played well last year and ahould continue to improve. But he's not an elite prospect so maybe your hopes were too high

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT