ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Carr Commitment June 9

He is older than Moore. I wouldn’t hate seeing him reclassify. He is a good enough passer that he blew everybody away. I’m not sure how a five star quarterback blows everyone away, but I’ll take it lol.

He is older than Moore. I wouldn’t hate seeing him reclassify. He is a good enough passer that he blew everybody away. I’m not sure how a five star quarterback blows everyone away, but I’ll take it lol.
Where did you see hes older. How old is he

I don’t think this should impact Moore in the least, unless Carr is reclassifying to 23, which is a distinct possibility. Given his Michigan Legacy roots, I’ve been surprised from the onset in his interest in ND, and Rees’ efforts to recruit him. Here we are getting excited over a class of 24 recruit possibly making A verbal commitment announcement to ND, nearly two years before a written commitment. Anxious and excited to see if he validates most Predictions that have him all Irish. Three days and counting.

I don’t think this should impact Moore in the least, unless Carr is reclassifying to 23, which is a distinct possibility. Given his Michigan Legacy roots, I’ve been surprised from the onset in his interest in ND, and Rees’ efforts to recruit him. Here we are getting excited over a class of 24 recruit possibly making A verbal commitment announcement to ND, nearly two years before a written commitment. Anxious and excited to see if he validates most Predictions that have him all Irish. Three days and counting.
I would be very interested in re-classifying him to get him off the market ASAP. Harbaugh will be planning sleepovers and slumber parties for the next 15 months

Where is this reclassify thing coming from?
It's just based on age. So far there is no legs to it, and no idea of academically it's even an option. It's too late to take more credits in summer school this year, so he'd probably have to at least have three years of a foreign language under his belt already plus be ahead of the curve to graduate. Not even sure if Notre Dame would accept a reclassified freshman.

I think it's more likely that ND will go all in on Moore and if they lose out and Pyne transfers they address it in the transfer portal for one year. The 2025 class is stacked with QB talent as well.

If Buchner is the real deal he will be the starter for three more years. He's unlikely to go pro early if it's even an option. That lets Carr redshirt and take over for Buchner in an ideal world. We'd just need some depth on top of Angeli for a year or two

that would be the best plan, but the best laid plans of mice and men…..
I don’t love the idea of reclassifying. I’m not sure how old Carr is, but I just don’t believe that most 17 year olds are ready for college.

Seems like it’s more common in college basketball, and the results are mixed.

I don’t love the idea of reclassifying. I’m not sure how old Carr is, but I just don’t believe that most 17 year olds are ready for college.

Seems like it’s more common in college basketball, and the results are mixed.
J.T. Daniels reclassified, he’s on his third school in 4 years. Tho I still think he can be a first round NFL pick.

Quinn Ewers reclassified, spent one year at Ohio State before transferring to Texas, jury is still out on him.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I’m curious if Carr was the commitment announcement that the Irish Players Club teased given he was on campus last night?

I’m curious if Carr was the commitment announcement that the Irish Players Club teased given he was on campus last night?
From what I read somewhere it’s not. I believe it was Loy that said he’s not sure that recruit has a commitable offer from ND.

plus Carr is committing on tv not IPC who still say it’s on for Thursday.

If this goes in the direction where we all think it is going, Carr will be the highest composite QB recruit signed since the Weis era. If Moore commits too by NSD, Freeman & Rees will have successfully put NDs offense back on the map because odds are one of those two guys WILL hit. Stay tuned.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Where is this reclassify thing coming from?
I don’t know if it’s wishful thinking among some of the ND fan base, or bored recruiting services looking for angles; but there is definitely speculation about this. One train of thought is that Carr will reclassify quickly to shutdown Moore’s recruiting. Another is that he will only reclassify if Moore opts to go elsewhere. I personally think the most likely outcome is Carr remains a class of 24 commitment, Moore commits elsewhere, Buchner has a great two year run, Angeli proves better than adequate when thrust into playing, and Bodi is predicting the Heisman for Carr his freshman year.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
I don’t know if it’s wishful thinking among some of the ND fan base, or bored recruiting services looking for angles; but there is definitely speculation about this. One train of thought is that Carr will reclassify quickly to shutdown Moore’s recruiting. Another is that he will only reclassify if Moore opts to go elsewhere. I personally think the most likely outcome is Carr remains a class of 24 commitment, Moore commits elsewhere, Buchner has a great two year run, Angeli proves better than adequate when thrust into playing, and Bodi is predicting the Heisman for Carr his freshman year.
Speculation from where?

Speculation from whom?

This is akin to spitting in high winds.

I think it’s more that a lot of people know Sayin is the real deal and want him too. We SHOULD take a ‘23 QB. Might as well make it a 5 star. But it also gets Carr away from the whore, Ann Arbor. There is a looooong time before ‘24 kids sign on the dotted line. If he’s physically ahead and is already 17 as a sophomore, it’s a good move. Then go get Sayin or Posse. That said…

Last edited:
Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
They have a good program. They have a championship coach. They play in the sec and in texas

Yea, that’s definitely the reason why he’s visiting College Station, with its amazing location, focus on academic excellence, and storied history. Lmaooooo. You still think Dante is coming to ND?

Reactions: IrishBeer
New Futurecast for Jadyn Davis, the 5 star QB in '24 to MICHIGAN. Odd.

Last edited:
Yea, that’s definitely the reason why he’s visiting College Station, with its amazing location, focus on academic excellence, and storied history. Lmaooooo. You still think Dante is coming to ND?
Yeah

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT