ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Tyree

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
Apparently, Tyree earned his scholarship on the first day of practice being Hartman’s favorite target. Not a bad choice to choose from. Rocco has slimed down considerably and looked good. Merriweather shined as our wideout situation seems to be on the rise. J Love has flashes of electricity. Bo picked up where he left off on the spring game. Morrison picked off Hartman, but other than that Hartman looked really good. I pity the QB who challenges Morrison this year. Hart played extremely well except getting burned on a TD. It looks like we have two shut down corners. Overall, there was a lot of rust at first, but the stars shined later on the day

Just feels like this team is loaded.

Elite OL, high level QB, big time proven talent at RB, big athletic WRs….,

If a couple of playmakers emerge on the defensive front-7…..then look out.

I'll wait until 4 games are played to say anything.

Reactions: Kelso86
Audric looks different from last year. His slimmed down version looks quicker, but does he still have the power. He looks 10 pounds lighter. The moves are more defined

Day two . The QB’s worked on throwing the ball on the run with different arm angle, in addition, a lot of throws to the running backs mastering check downs.
Rocco had another excellent day apparently his foot made movement has improved dramatically.
The projected starting line backers are going to be ND’s strength, but the freshman are not freshman: Bowen, Zinter, and Ausberry show a burst with advanced foot work.
Jardian Price looks like he has fully recovered from his injury.
The Texas Wide outs continue to learn, improve and contribute. Braylon had a good day fighting for the ball.
Rylie fricking Mills at 306 lbs and ripped, not an ounce of baby fat. He is going to be a dude.
Audric said he took his body fat from 13 percent to eight percent by eliminating junk food.
It might be just me but a lot of the returning players look leaner on tape. I wonder if the staff keeps track of body fat percentages from year to year.

Day two . The QB’s worked on throwing the ball on the run with different arm angle, in addition, a lot of throws to the running backs mastering check downs.
Rocco had another excellent day apparently his foot made movement has improved dramatically.
The projected starting line backers are going to be ND’s strength, but the freshman are not freshman: Bowen, Zinter, and Ausberry show a burst with advanced foot work.
The Texas Wide outs continue to learn, improve and contribute. Braylon had a good day fighting for the ball.
Rylie fricking Mills at 306 lbs and ripped, not an ounce of baby fat. He is going to be a dude.
Audric said he took his body fat from 13 percent to eight percent by eliminating junk food.
It might be just me but a lot of the returning players look leaner on tape. I wonder if the staff keeps track of body fat percentages from year to year.
Awesome. Appreciate you posting this.

You feel like JD, Marist, and Kiser are in for big years?

Apparently, Tyree earned his scholarship on the first day of practice being Hartman’s favorite target. Not a bad choice to choose from. Rocco has slimed down considerably and looked good. Merriweather shined as our wideout situation seems to be on the rise. J Love has flashes of electricity. Bo picked up where he left off on the spring game. Morrison picked off Hartman, but other than that Hartman looked really good. I pity the QB who challenges Morrison this year. Hart played extremely well except getting burned on a TD. It looks like we have two shut down corners. Overall, there was a lot of rust at first, but the stars shined later on the day
Sounds nice -- but they have yet to put pads on --

8% body fat with that much size for Audric? That’s insane, almost hard to believe. Getting close to bodybuilder levels.

Well, JD will lead the team in tackles just like last year. Marist before the injury showed a major upside. Kiser is MR steady Eddie even though he is slightly limited, but I fully expect Sneed to get starter minutes. The first three are grad students if I remember right. They have the experience and multiple years in the weight room. I am totally stoked about the freshman class from what I hear Zinter is one of those first off of the buss types. Physically intimidating at a teenagers age just imagine what a few years in the weight room will do. Bowen is advanced in fundamentals, plus he carrying 230 lbs. He is 19 years old. Ausberry just might turn out to better than both of them. KVA is coming next year. Totally kiddy

Reactions: IrishMike409
Well, JD will lead the team in tackles just like last year. Marist before the injury showed a major upside. Kiser is MR steady Eddie even though he is slightly limited, but I fully expect Sneed to get starter minutes. The first three are grad students if I remember right. They have the experience and multiple years in the weight room. I am totally stoked about the freshman class from what I hear Zinter is one of those first off of the buss types. Physically intimidating at a teenagers age just imagine what a few years in the weight room will do. Bowen is advanced in fundamentals, plus he carrying 230 lbs. He is 19 years old. Ausberry just might turn out to better than both of them. KVA is coming next year. Totally kiddy
Natty. Said it months ago. Gonna happen

Holy hell that post has me pumped up. Zinter is a monster. Let’s go!

…mike…. I think Alt and Fisher are elite for sure, and I think Zeke will finally be viewed as a very good center. Schrauth at left guard has very high ceiling, but the likelihood is he will struggle at times in his first season playing college ball. Kristofic is solid and experienced, but I think we’ve seen his ceiling, which is far from elite. So, as of now, I still have concerns about the OL overall. And as We know, their play will hugely impact on how well our skilled positions perform, where we are loaded.

Our front 7 needs to be better this year against the run. That was our weaker area last year. We had a very good pass defense.

Marshall, Navy and USC all rushed for over 200 yds. But it looks like the DL have added some bulk this summer, with Mills up to 306 and Cross up to 288. So that should help.

…mike…. I think Alt and Fisher are elite for sure, and I think Zeke will finally be viewed as a very good center. Schrauth at left guard has very high ceiling, but the likelihood is he will struggle at times in his first season playing college ball. Kristofic is solid and experienced, but I think we’ve seen his ceiling, which is far from elite. So, as of now, I still have concerns about the OL overall. And as We know, their play will hugely impact on how well our skilled positions perform, where we are loaded.
Thanks Telx. I’d pay for your content, my friend. One of these ND sites oughta hire you.

A friend of mine is a former ND scholarship D-Lineman. He said yesterday: “Rocco is a beast, but to me, he’s too top heavy”. Is this the case? Can Rocco start for us and raise the ceiling of the OL?

Our front 7 needs to be better this year against the run. That was our weaker area last year. We had a very good pass defense.

Marshall, Navy and USC all rushed for over 200 yds. But it looks like the DL have added some bulk this summer, with Mills up to 306 and Cross up to 288. So that should help.
They definitely need to improve against the run. However, some further analysis with those three opponents:

Marshall had 4.4 YPC, which would be good for around 60th for NCAA ranking in YPC average. 50 rushing attempts. Still only gave up 360ish yards total.

Navy’s whole game is running the ball and ND gave up some cheap yards at the end of the game while playing a prevent defense. They only gave up +13ish above Navy’s average. Some big gains given up on account of stunting as well rather than pure skill.

USC I know had one scramble of about 19 yards. Can’t remember more but I think so much of that game was USC running away from the blitz rather than inherently poor LB and DL play. Out numbering ND at the point of attack as well. Out-schemed, in other words.

It will be interesting to see how much ND blitzes compared to last year and ND does lose a lot on the DL. Hopefully they can get some solid play from the replacements.

Reactions: Kelso86 and mbd11
Day three. A lot of fundamental work being done the first three days of practice on both sides of the ball; however, they broke out the beehive helmets today and pads in an indoor practice. The defense was working on proper angle adjustments. It appears Cam Hart has a swagger about himself as if he is practicing to impress NFL scouts.
Hartman seems to be developing a strong relationship with Merriweather and Tyree, but do not count the freshman out being every day another one seems to be impress . Today it was Rico’s turn to turn heads could it be all three were under valued in the ratings who can
forget what Greathouse did in the spring game.
Jason Onye has gone from 27 percent body fat down to 12 percent at almost 300 lbs. Fisher showed up at ND weighing 330 LBS, now he is down to 315 LBS. The return players look like a lean mean winning machine. I was going to say national championship winning machine, but the jury is out. Practice four and five is when the hitting starts. Jardian Price has a big time burst more than likely he will be second on the depth chart. Ford is more or less a shifty kind of sneaky back who is more elusive than anything else. Obviously, Audric is the bell cow, but all three backs will get carries. J love is a talent, but he is still learning his ways.

NCDomer1, in you opinion, is Cam Hart and Ben Morrison the best combo CB’s ND has had in a while? I really like those two. Glad you think Hart has a NFL swagger.

NCDomer1, in you opinion, is Cam Hart and Ben Morrison the best combo CB’s ND has had in a while? I really like those two. Glad you think Hart has a NFL swagger.
I would say in the last 30 years. Cam is going to earn his keep this year being opposing teams QB’s are going to shy away from Morrison. If I had to pick the top five CB’s at ND it would look like the list below, in addition, none of the played with one another.
1) Todd Lyght: 161 tackles, 11 ints, 21 pass break ups
2) Julian Love: 176 tackles, 5 ints, 39 pass break ups.
3) Shawn Walton: 151 tackles, 11 ints, 16 breakups, 14 tackles for a loss of yardage.
4) Bobby Taylor: 134 tackles, 5 ints, 39 break ups
5) Tom Carter: 89 tackles, 10 ints, 10 break ups.
You could easily swap the first two, but I value ints over tackles.

Reactions: melstew
I would say in the last 30 years. Cam is going to earn his keep this year being opposing teams QB’s are going to shy away from Morrison. If I had to pick the top five CB’s at ND it would look like the list below, in addition, none of the played with one another.
1) Todd Lyght: 161 tackles, 11 ints, 21 pass break ups
2) Julian Love: 176 tackles, 5 ints, 39 pass break ups.
3) Shawn Walton: 151 tackles, 11 ints, 16 breakups, 14 tackles for a loss of yardage.
4) Bobby Taylor: 134 tackles, 5 ints, 39 break ups
5) Tom Carter: 89 tackles, 10 ints, 10 break ups.
You could easily swap the first two, but I value ints over tackles.
How do you think Morrison and Hart will match up vs Harrison Jr and Egbuka?

What a test that’ll be.

How do you think Morrison and Hart will match up vs Harrison Jr and Egbuka?

What a test that’ll be.
It is a great test. I don't think it's going to be fair to expect ND to shut these guys down. The difference will be in limiting the big plays, preventing TDs, forcing FGs, and hopefully making a big play via interception at some point.

If Hart is on point (which I think he will be) going to be great.. tons of blitzing packages! ND .. wins at home!
I had the same thought process envisioning eight plus in the box on every play because ND has two shut down corners. One thing to keep in mind, OSU does not have a sure-fire NFL caliber QB this year under center. The one big play OSU got last year was when ND blitzed both safeties, otherwise, ND played OSU even at their place. I imagine ND will mix it up trying to confuse their young play maker.

I had the same thought process envisioning eight plus in the box on every play because ND has two shut down corners. One thing to keep in mind, OSU does not have a sure-fire NFL caliber QB this year under center. The one big play OSU got last year was when ND blitzed both safeties, otherwise, ND played OSU even at their place. I imagine ND will mix it up trying to confuse their young play maker.
Agree on the QB situation for OSU. As much talent as they had last year, ND shut them down. Aside from the safety blitz play, there were a few times where Stroud extended the play, fired a low laser, and the OSU receiver makes a good catch along the sideline. Frustrating.

Who knows if the new guy can replicate those throws that the 2nd pick of the NFL made. ND also brings back more experience and depth at CB and nickel.

Agree on the QB situation for OSU. As much talent as they had last year, ND shut them down. Aside from the safety blitz play, there were a few times where Stroud extended the play, fired a low laser, and the OSU receiver makes a good catch along the sideline. Frustrating.

Who knows if the new guy can replicate those throws that the 2nd pick of the NFL made. ND also brings back more experience and depth at CB and nickel.
"Agree on the QB situation for OSU. As much talent as they had last year, ND shut them down."

Until that fateful 90+ yard drive to seal the game -- which, was primarily on the ground.

They have multiple 5 star top recruits at QB. Are you serious?

"Agree on the QB situation for OSU. As much talent as they had last year, ND shut them down."

Until that fateful 90+ yard drive to seal the game -- which, was primarily on the ground.
Yes sir although there were at least three first downs by pass. One on 3rd and 3.

Interesting how it was blitzing and not getting enough numbers in run support that kind of did ND in on that last drive (in addition to great OSU receiver and QB play). That sort of sums up the whole USC game, IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks Telx. I’d pay for your content, my friend. One of these ND sites oughta hire you.

A friend of mine is a former ND scholarship D-Lineman. He said yesterday: “Rocco is a beast, but to me, he’s too top heavy”. Is this the case? Can Rocco start for us and raise the ceiling of the OL?
I was excited as most when Rocco was getting first team reps as an early enrollee freshman. Seemed crazy that ND would start two first year freshmen in Fisher and Rocco, and they didn’t. And then we get all this reporting his sophomore year that he is Slow with poor footwork and weak in pass blocking. Then this past Spring most thought he outplayed Kristofic by a wide margin in the Spring game, and Rudolph was talking about his significant improvement. Now, we hear he has lost 11 pounds and is quicker as a result. I don’t know what to think re Rocco, except he has a new position coach and offensive coordinator, and this is a great opportunity for him to show that he should be starting. If Kristofic gets the nod, it‘s because Rocco isn‘t Nearly as good as we were all lead to believe. I still think Jugasah is the wild card in the right guard decision, albeit a very long shot. Like you, I’m still hoping Rocco wins the starting spot, but nothing points to that right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT