ADVERTISEMENT

Chase..?

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
Our lowly Irish just beat a top SEC team at their wild home field.

A&M's Senior Class = #1 rated recruits
A&M's Junior Class = #7

Last four classes: 6-7-1-14

With NIL, so many transfers (see Clemson's downfall) etc. -- does your model need rethinking?

Chase is looking at F+ & SP+ for answers and even that is failing him. 😂

He seems to forget 2 critical components, they have to actually play the game, and coaching. Two things F+ and SP+ can't determine.

A&M's Junior Class = #7

With NIL, so many transfers (see Clemson's downfall) etc. -- does your model need rethinking?
No need to give the OP oxygen. He’s an obvious troll posing as a ND fan who’s only here to stir up trouble. He posts on another ND board (under a different name) with the same nonsense. I have blocked him on both boards.

No need to give the OP oxygen. He’s an obvious troll posing as a ND fan who’s only here to stir up trouble. He posts on another ND board (under a different name) with the same nonsense. I have blocked him on both boards.
What is the other handle?

WTF are you talking about! I've been on this site since before you were born. Ask Telx and the other long-time posters. I'm an ND Grad who played basketball against Dantley and Montana.

I like to kid Chase. I disagree with a lot of what he says, but I get that he loves and has been frustrated with the Irish -- I was at our last two National Championship games -- Yes both Arizona and Texas -- and I share his frustration.

I'm just a more glass half-full kinda guy. But I welcome our back and forth about recruiting -- even if it gets frustrating at times./.

I am also a member on 247 and I get thumbs up all over the place there.... so I don't get this at all.

Sorry you felt you had to block me.

Gotta tell my buddies on the site: Flew from LA this weekend and I officiated my nephew's wedding on LBI in Jersey -- and the Dance Floor went nuts with Julian ran that one in.. Right during "Mr. Brightside!"

Go Irish.

WTF are you talking about! I've been on this site since before you were born. Ask Telx and the other long-time posters. I'm an ND Grad who played basketball against Dantley and Montana.

I like to kid Chase. I disagree with a lot of what he says, but I get that he loves and has been frustrated with the Irish -- I was at our last two National Championship games -- Yes both Arizona and Texas -- and I share his frustration.

I'm just a more glass half-full kinda guy. But I welcome our back and forth about recruiting -- even if it gets frustrating at times./.

I am also a member on 247 and I get thumbs up all over the place there.... so I don't get this at all.

Gotta tell my buddies on the site: Flew from LA this weekend and I officiated my nephew's wedding on LBI in Jersey -- and the Dance Floor went nuts with Julian ran that one in.. Right during "Mr. Brightside!"

Go Irish.
I'm pretty sure the poster was talking about chaseball, not about you.

All I have to say is that the overreaction to week 1 is hilarious, especially because the same thing happened last year.
  • ND dominated a bunch of trash in the bottom of the rankings early in the season (i was called a fool for thinking ND would be 9-3)
  • The offense looked good under sam hartman at the time (i was called a fool for saying hartman was just another version of coan and pyne and that NDs offensive skill players werent good enough)
  • The SEC started the first several weeks of the season with a sub 50% win loss record (i was mocked for saying how much better the SEC and BIG10 are than everybody else)
I was called out for how stupid all my takes were all off-season after the first couple of weeks in 2023.

And then games started to pile up and the sample size got larger and NDs roster started to get tested against better teams, the SEC and BIG10 started to dominate college football, and then all of what the data was showing all off-season raised to the surface and was pretty accurate (at least relative to the rest of the industry).

Last edited:
All I have to say is that the overreaction to week 1 is a hilarious, especially because the same thing happened last year.

• ND dominated a bunch of trash in the bottom of the rankings
  • The offense looked good under sam hartman at the time
  • The SEC started the first several weeks of the season with a sub 50% win loss record

I was called out for how stupid all my takes were all off-season

And then games started to pile up and the sample size got larger and NDs roster started to get tested against better teams, the SEC and BIG10 started to dominate college football, and then all of what the data was showing all off-season raised to the surface.
The fact of the matter is that you don't know Jack Shit about football. All you do is go on the opinion of others with the star ratings.

Can't think for yourself, huh?

Different team last year, Chase. We all knew we didn't have the horses on offense last year and we had a very bad offensive coordinator. Our defense in its third year under Golden is elite -- may even better their top 5 rating from last year!

And we now have one of the best offensive coordinators in the country with an NFL QB -- check out his footwork in the pocket Sat night, this is why the NFL experts are salivating over him. He hasn't played in 11 months and has a brand new stable of WRs. Recruiting will continue to fade as an indicator of how good teams will be. The Transfer Portal has ensured that.

Guess we'll see.

So far you are 0-1, buddy...

All I have to say is that the overreaction to week 1 is a hilarious, especially because the same thing happened last year.

• ND dominated a bunch of trash in the bottom of the rankings
  • The offense looked good under sam hartman at the time
  • The SEC started the first several weeks of the season with a sub 50% win loss record

I was called out for how stupid all my takes were all off-season

And then games started to pile up and the sample size got larger and NDs roster started to get tested against better teams, the SEC and BIG10 started to dominate college football, and then all of what the data was showing all off-season raised to the surface and was pretty accurate (at least relative to the rest of the industry).
There’s never any real football analysis in your posts from what I see. You just site computer models and recruiting but then you call other people fanboys. Maybe ND didn’t lose three games because of talent last year.

The fact of the matter is that you don't know Jack Shit about football. All you do is go on the opinion of others with the star ratings.

Exactly correct in his approach, and at the same time posts criticism if another poster quotes an individual analyst. Seems to follow approaches with some sort of algorithm fir ratings.

All I have to say is that the overreaction to week 1 is hilarious, especially because the same thing happened last year.
  • ND dominated a bunch of trash in the bottom of the rankings early in the season (i was called a fool for thinking ND would be 9-3)
  • The offense looked good under sam hartman at the time (i was called a fool for saying hartman was just another version of coan and pyne and that NDs offensive skill players werent good enough)
  • The SEC started the first several weeks of the season with a sub 50% win loss record (i was mocked for saying how much better the SEC and BIG10 are than everybody else)
I was called out for how stupid all my takes were all off-season after the first couple of weeks in 2023.

You remain a duplicitous asshat.

Let’s go back to the tape and replay the takes you had about Colorado after week 1 last year. Lmfao. You were predicting 10 wins and bowl games. Told us how Prime was the best.

Reactions: NDinNJ and stu4don

1. Tx am was 20th, not trash at the bottom. You are a fool if you think we are going 9 and 3

2. The offense played 4 cupcakes in the first 4 games. Tx am is one of the better defenses in the country

3. Yeah you were wrong. It's okay. AA teams whooping up on the major league teams. Just own it

4. You were wrong last year and are still wrong about it. Games started adding up and they played against themselves. That doesn't prove anything. They won 0 playoff games last year

You remain a duplicitous asshat.

Let’s go back to the tape and replay the takes you had about Colorado after week 1 last year. Lmfao. You were predicting 10 wins and bowl games. Told us how Prime was the best.
No I said Deion Sanders was a good coach and I predicted a bowl game in year 1 (i was off by -2 wins). Despite the Colorado/coach prime hate here on this board, he improved the team by 3 wins, and should have Colorado in a bowl game in 2024.

A lot of what people attribute to me is just incorrect.

My most controversial takes heading into 2024 and I stand by every single one of them today:

1. Riley isn't any better than the previous 4 QBs who started here (coan, pyne, hartman, book)
2. Notre dame is entirely outclassed by the tier 1 in college football
3. The talent/roster is lacking star impact players and ultimately lacking the kind of upside needed to win a national title.
4. The offensive skill players (namely the WRs, QBs, RBs) aren't good enough at Notre Dame and Notre Dame has failed miserably to address this over a number of years now.
5. the ACC is garbage (especially the bottom half) and NDs 5-game requirement vs the teams in that conference is eroding the schedule and the ND football brand.

I thought ND would beat Texas A&M in a 1 possession type of game in week 1 2024 and the game was tied at 13 with 6 mins left in the 4th quarter. ND did what they were supposed to do, beat a lesser ranked team by a possession or two. But based on fan reaction you would think ND went into Tuscaloosa and blew the doors off of prime Saban/Alabama this past weekend.

No I said Deion Sanders was a good coach and I predicted a bowl game in year 1 (i was off by -2 wins). Despite the Colorado/coach prime hate here on this board, he improved the team by 3 wins, and should have Colorado in a bowl game in 2024.

My most controversial takes heading into 2024 and I stand by every single one of them today:

1. Riley isn't any better than the previous 4 QBs who started here (coan, pyne, hartman, book)
3. The talent/roster is lacking star impact players and ultimately lacking the kind of upside needed to win a national title.
4. The offensive skill players (namely the WRs, QBs, RBs) aren't good enough at Notre Dame and Notre Dame has failed miserably to address this over a number of years now.
5. the ACC is garbage (especially the bottom half) and NDs 5-game requirement vs the teams in that conference is eroding the schedule and the ND football brand.

I thought ND would beat Texas A&M in a 1 possession type of game in week 1 2024 and the game was tied at 13 with 6 mins left in the 4th quarter. ND did what they were supposed to do, beat a lesser ranked team by a possession or two. But based on fan reaction you would think ND went into Tuscaloosa and blew the doors off of prime Saban/Alabama this past weekend.
prior to Texas A&M loss at home to ND, they beat 3 top 10 teams at home. So yea it's a big win for ND.

Reactions: BGI User 756

No, you lied. Period, end, stop

Reactions: NDinNJ

How could someone be so wrong on all of his points

That's hard to do. Congrats

Now I AM sorry I started this. Hey, the offense is a giant work in progress but, and I'm willing to be,t on this Anthonie Knapp is going to finish his ND career closer to a five star than the 3 star the experts had him pegged at. Same as Alt before him. Look at what Elijah Burress did in his first game. 3 TDs, over a hundred years -- another low 3 who will get a bump.

I believe Riley is the guy, We shall see.
Outclassed? No, we lost to both Georgia and Ohio State on our last possession --yes we lost, but we could have won both of those games.

Stay tuned, Chase. I'm afraid you are in for a long, long season... Irish are the real deal!

Let the backpedaling begin……..

Pathetic. Beyond pathetic. Far beyond pathetic.
The so-called ND fan trashes every aspect of ND once again. He thinks ND is an NFL team and should be operated as an NFL team is operated. Chase is just the worst.

A&M's Junior Class = #7

I’d give it more than one game before you start questioning “the model”. While the boys came up big in the fourth, stating A&M as a TOP SEC team is a stretch since they were predicted to finish 9th in the conference at SEC media days.

A victory at Kyle Field is a great building block. Let’s not overhype it just yet.

I’d give it more than one game before you start questioning “the model”. While the boys came up big in the fourth, stating A&M as a TOP SEC team is a stretch since they were predicted to finish 9th in the conference at SEC media days.

A victory at Kyle Field is a great building block. Let’s not overhype it just yet.
SP+ projections has Texas A&M as the 7th best team in the SEC this year (ranked 13th or 14th overall).

They are a good opponent relative to the rest of the field of college football teams but are a pretty average SEC team.

Not to mention that these statistical models and ranking systems are at their most volatile point this early in the season and will get increasingly more accurate as the sample of games in the new season gets larger. e.g. they will be far more accurate week 6 than week 1.

Reactions: notredame79

Sure thing Chass

SP+ projections has Texas A&M as the 7th best team in the SEC this year (ranked 13th or 14th overall).

They are a good opponent relative to the rest of the field of college football teams but are a pretty average SEC team.

Not to mention that these statistical models and ranking systems are at their most volatile point this early in the season and will get increasingly more accurate as the sample of games in the new season gets larger. e.g. they will be far more accurate week 6 than week 1.
Are you AI?

Go Irish.
Outstanding. Did you play hoops for ND?

Sure thing Chass
Easy catch, as he talks to himself and likes the post. Chase is desperate for attention.😂
Hate it break it to you…but I’m not him. Happy for the win, but A&M is a middle of the pack SEC team. ND fans should expect to win if we all believe this is a playoff contending team by year end. Over the last 8 years, 13 OTHER teams were able to win at Kyle field. Why was this a surprise for many and what does this say about expectations?

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Hate it break it to you…but I’m not him. Happy for the win, but A&M is a middle of the pack SEC team. ND fans should expect to win if we all believe this is a playoff contending team by year end. Over the last 8 years, 13 OTHER teams were able to win at Kyle field. Why was this a surprise for many and what does this say about expectations?
Chase

That's the great thing about ND fans---when we lose, we suck. When we win, the opponent sucks. Never give ND credit for anything.

A&M's Junior Class = #7

TAM is not a top SEC team.

Yet Texas A&M managed to beat #1 Alabama and #6 LSU at home in the last 3 years.

Reactions: hvillebill
And what was their performance like vs the other 30+ teams over the past 3 years?
Here, i'll tell you:

Year | Final F+ ranking:

2021: #8
2022: #39
2023: #18
2024: #14 (SP+ projection)

Altogether you are looking at a pretty averagish top 25 team, not too far off from where ND currently stands.

THanks brother, but he did seem to imply I was a troll. I was the OP. No matter...
Stu…I had the same reaction when I read the post. WTF? Yep, ND grad, basketball player, professor at USC; and without question, a big ND fan, and loooong time poster here! Then I read the take that the post was meant to expose Chase…the intended recipient of your OP. Should be a lesson here somewhere: perhaps posting to Chase is not a great idea.

Sure thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT