ADVERTISEMENT

CFB rumors

Dec 29, 2005
I follow about 15-20 CFB accounts on Twitter and this evening several rumors are swirling.

I admit, these are just rumors, but some I found interesting.

1. The NCAA will likely suspend Harbaugh anywhere from 5 games to the entire ‘24 season.

2. Harbaugh is highly likely to leave for the NFL. Many have floated Chicago for a few months but apparently his name is being floated to the Chargers, Raiders, and the Patriots! I definitely don’t want him in NE.

3. Brian Kelly is said to have interest in Michigan, yes, Michigan if Harbaugh leaves. Sources inside the SEC claim that BK acknowledges he’s not a fit for Baton Rouge. The same SEC folks claim he also desires to give the NFL a run if the right suitor comes calling.

4. QB Devin Brown will look to transfer from OSU as it seems McCord has securely locked the QB position and has two years of eligibility after this season.

5. Texas A&M is very interested in Jeff Brohm and Missouri HC Drinkwitz.

6. Texas could lose one or two of their QBs to the portal.

7. MSU is interested in a DC for HC, and apparently the short list has AL GOLDEN on it along with OSU’s Jim Knowles, and PSU’s Manny Diaz. I can’t see Golden being a good fit there. The biggest strike against Golden is age I think. There is a trend to hire younger across college and the NFL.

Again, just rumors but thought some of them were interesting.

I follow about 15-20 CFB accounts on Twitter and this evening several rumors are swirling.

1. The NCAA will likely suspend Harbaugh anywhere from 5 games to the entire ‘24 season.

2. Harbaugh is highly likely to leave for the NFL. Many have floated Chicago for a few months but apparently his name is being floated to the Chargers, Raiders, and the Patriots! I definitely don’t want him in NE.

3. Brian Kelly is said to have interest in Michigan, yes, Michigan if Harbaugh leaves. Sources inside the SEC claim that BK acknowledges he’s not a fit for Baton Rouge. The same SEC folks claim he also desires to give the NFL a run if the right suitor comes calling.

4. QB Devin Brown will look to transfer from OSU as it seems McCord has securely locked the QB position and has two years of eligibility after this season.

7. MSU is interested in a DC for HC, and apparently the short list has AL GOLDEN on it along with OSU’s Jim Knowles, and PSU’s Manny Diaz. I can’t see Golden being a good fit there. The biggest strike against Golden is age I think. There is a trend to hire younger across college and the NFL.

All interesting thoughts. Harbaugh likely gone, not my bears please. Braun family owns and loves louisville. Can’t see him leaving but clearly best candidate out there. Golden next move is pros. Love to get one of those qb’s you mentioned in portal. Michigan doesn’t want Kelly and I’m sure his contract too expensive. Nobody wants Kelly now, he’s a flipper for personal gain.
thanks for interesting post

All interesting thoughts. Harbaugh likely gone, not my bears please. Braun family owns and loves louisville. Can’t see him leaving but clearly best candidate out there. Golden next move is pros. Love to get one of those qb’s you mentioned in portal. Michigan doesn’t want Kelly and I’m sure his contract too expensive. Nobody wants Kelly now, he’s a flipper for personal gain.
What QBs, Devin Brown?

The NCAA needs to put their foot down and vacate wins for three years. Harbaugh gets sent packing .
These teams need to learn there will be severe repercussions for illegal actions. ND gets dinged for tutors and the world ends. At least the players go to class and are genuinely interested in getting an education.

They all sound PLAUSIBLE to me.

What about Kelly being fam -uly down in Louisiana??

If age is as n issue then I’d think Knowles would be a no as well.

If Chargers job opens I think Riley gets it. Although I think he wants out of LA worse than I do. I also could see him get Bears job and draft Williams.

Murphy I would consider. Arch I would not. Not sure on Brown.

If you are going to go with unproven guys with no experience,probably best to develop what you have
I think Brown would be a bigtime pickup for some team as he was in a neck-and-neck battle with Kyle McCord who's turned out to be really solid for OSU and has at least another year left as the OSU starting QB

I think Brown would be a bigtime pickup for some team as he was in a neck-and-neck battle with Kyle McCord who's turned out to be really solid for OSU and has at least another year left as the OSU starting QB
Neck and neck because they didn't want a transfer and wanted to keep both fully engaged and elevating each other. In my opinion.

Brown has no experience and we don't know much about his abilities

Reactions: Kelso86
Neck and neck because they didn't want a transfer and wanted to keep both fully engaged and elevating each other. In my opinion.

Living in central Ohio, and listening to local sports radio here, it seems as the competition wasn’t quite as close as originally suggested. Brown made some wow plays in camp but apparently threw almost twice as many interceptions as McCord.

Reactions: Golson5

G, let me also add that Brown had a leg injury and has been out of action and that has allowed true Freshman Lincoln Kienholz to get a lot of practice reps. He apparently was 4th on depth but jumped the 3rd stringer and is currently 2nd behind McCord and coaches are very high on his play in practice and limited game action.

Brown is probably down on the situation because of his leg injury and the apparent emergence of this Kienholz kid.

Murphy I would consider. Arch I would not. Not sure on Brown.

If you are going to go with unproven guys with no experience,probably best to develop what you have
"Not sure on Brown."

Brown if you adding depth, but, he is not an upgrade at the position.

If Chargers job opens I think Riley gets it. Although I think he wants out of LA worse than I do. I also could see him get Bears job and draft Williams.
Are you serious about Riley? Find that hard to believe.

Nfl has no interest in Riley. Unless as an OC
Lincoln Riley is 40. It's simply a matter of when for Lincoln Riley as a head coach in the NFL.

And when you are owed 90 million by USC, you aren't going to decline that to be an OC in the NFL.

Kelly to Michigan. Right. Is this a joke
Completely believable. It's very obvious he's not a fit down there and they're going to run him out of town by this time next year, and he knows it.

Reactions: Nailsbulls
That’s not even close to being true. That’s like saying Pat is smart.
Funny how these so called hot prospects quite often are not really that hot except to so called internet experts
LIncoln Riley has show what? CHip Kelly has shown WHAT for how many years?

Can Michigan afford Kelly's buyout? A&M already hired a HC. Texas will lose one. There is no way Manning is leaving.

Why, his NFL record is almost unparalleled !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT