ADVERTISEMENT

Cade McNamara enters portal

Go after him! The QB room for 23 is less than settled. If anybody on the depth chart has a problem with competition, get out!

Buchner-injury prone.
Pyne-didn’t cement the starting job.
Powlus III-scout team QB.
Angeli-the staff didn’t let him attempt a pass this season.
Minchey-True Freshman.

I’d put McNamara up against anyone ND has.

Seems like a good fit....could put his stuff in his car and make the 1 hour drive.

Well..... it seems everyone is mixed about him. But... He Beat Ohio State in 2021. And Won a BIG Championship. I'm not sure where I stand. But I guarantee they will kick the tires at ND.

Reactions: Kelso86
Notre Dame needs to aim higher than a kid who would struggle mightily to beat out Drew Pyne or Tyler Buchner.

Plus, he is from Michigan.

“Aim higher” not sure how many elite QB’s enter the portal every year. But I think he’s got a better resume than anyone of the current roster.

Reactions: Airzee23
We are off in our QB cycle. That is the coach's fault. You should have had an absolute stud in when Book was a Soph.....you got 3 QB's, 2 of them we have no clue if they are decent. 1, we know well now and his limitations.

You got another frosh coming in, looks good but is a frosh. You got one behind him, looks good but a frosh.

They need a sure thing, solid QB that can be a game changer. I think we have 3 in the making but would love a cant miss like a Caleb.

“Aim higher” not sure how many elite QB’s enter the portal every year. But I think he’s got a better resume than anyone of the current roster.
Aim higher. If you are going the transfer portal QB route, the kid needs to be a guaranteed starter.

Cade McNamara simply is not guaranteed to beat out Drew Pyne or Tyler Buchner, based on what I have watched of his play.

Go after him! The QB room for 23 is less than settled. If anybody on the depth chart has a problem with competition, get out!

Buchner-injury prone.
Minchey-True Freshman.

👍

Buchner-injury prone.
Minchey-True Freshman.

God NO !!!

We could get much better

Reactions: echowaker
Aim higher. If you are going the transfer portal QB route, the kid needs to be a guaranteed starter.

Cade McNamara simply is not guaranteed to beat out Drew Pyne or Tyler Buchner, based on what I have watched of his play.
Was he not at one time committed to ND?

God NO !!!

We could get much better
He was the starter on a playoff team in 21 and the starter this year until a leg 🦵 injury. Who do you inclvision entering the portal that’s better? Give me a possible name please.

I don't think McNamara is that good really. No sense, in my opinion, getting in a guy who's not even better than Pyne.

He was the starter on a playoff team in 21 and the starter this year until a leg 🦵 injury. Who do you inclvision entering the portal that’s better? Give me a possible name please.
I dont think hes much better than Pyne if at all. He had 15 tds and 6 ints. Hes not that good. Pynes numbers were better this year.

Michigan won last year with defense and running the ball. He was a placeholder

Leary and Card are 2 names for sure. But there will be more as more players enter the portal

I dont think hes much better than Pyne if at all. He had 15 tds and 6 ints. Hes not that good. Pynes numbers were better this year.

Michigan won last year with defense and running the ball. He was a placeholder

Leary and Card are 2 names for sure. But there will be more as more players enter the portal
Card would be a good get, but ND never seems to land the Texas QB, they seem to end up at other Texas schools, but we’ll see.

I assume Leary is Devin Leary from NC State, I’m not familiar with him.

Card would be a home run, but there is a zero percent chance of that happening (IMO). UT is his dream school, and has made it clear that he is not interested in transferring even after Ewers was named the starting guy.

Maybe someone has some inside knowledge, but I don’t think Card is going anywhere.

…also, I think Card is an academic junior this year, so he’ll be a senior next year. That would mean he would have to transfer in as an undergraduate to ND. Not sure the requirements, but in the past it has been difficult bringing in undergraduate athletes.

I dont follow Michigan, but thought he was QB1 until he got hurt.

Kind of. He was in a QB competition during the first three games in which he was running second.

He is better than Pyne. About as good as Buchner (from the little I saw).

Great kid, and I wish him all the best.

A22UST42URCOVIYMIDIHE45HC4.JPG

Can he make ND better and can ND make him better? I’d aim for an elite QB that is stuck behind another elite QB. Wisconsin won rose bowls with Jack Coan and Alex Hornibrook. We don’t need a system guy we need a guy with a higher ceiling.

Can he make ND better and can ND make him better? I’d aim for an elite QB that is stuck behind another elite QB. Wisconsin won rose bowls with Jack Coan and Alex Hornibrook. We don’t need a system guy we need a guy with a higher ceiling.
Then Cade is not your guy

Card would be a home run, but there is a zero percent chance of that happening (IMO). UT is his dream school, and has made it clear that he is not interested in transferring even after Ewers was named the starting guy.

Maybe someone has some inside knowledge, but I don’t think Card is going anywhere.
He may love Texas but Ewers is starting next year and he has Manning come in behind him.

Does he want to waste these years not playing or does he want to play football and maybe play in the pros

Then Cade is not your guy
Correct. We need to swing for the fences on this one and try to change the narrative. With the receivers we have coming and the line and running backs we already have a star QB should want to lead this offense.

What about Miller Moss? I'm pretty sure he's gonna hit the portal. Williams is the guy and they have another Williams type guy coming in. Just spit-balling as he's unproven. Although he's probably a west coast only type.

He may love Texas but Ewers is starting next year and he has Manning come in behind him.

Does he want to waste these years not playing or does he want to play football and maybe play in the pros
I would take Sam Hartman in a minute.

Buchner has not played since junior year in HS in all reality ! 1+game this year.
Pyne hadn’t really played since his senior year in HS except for part of a game last year.
They needed experience and Pyne received it. His numbers far exceeded most starting FBS QBs . You guys fail to realize both were very highly recruited by the likes of Alabama and most top ten programs .
Alabama won two NC with QBs that were no more talented than our two .
Georgia‘s present QB I’d no more talented and left Georgia went to a jc and returned . He is no 5* or 4* .
Give the boys time to gain experience , confidence and maturity. plus the WRs needed experience .

I think you have to show interest but wait until the rest of the Portal pool fills up before making any decisions

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
Kind of. He was in a QB competition during the first three games in which he was running second.

He is better than Pyne. About as good as Buchner (from the little I saw).

Great kid, and I wish him all the best.

A22UST42URCOVIYMIDIHE45HC4.JPG
And you base these observations on what? Watching a Michigan game or two ?

Buchner has not played since junior year in HS in all reality ! 1+game this year.
Pyne hadn’t really played since his senior year in HS except for part of a game last year.
They needed experience and Pyne received it. His numbers far exceeded most starting FBS QBs . You guys fail to realize both were very highly recruited by the likes of Alabama and most top ten programs .
Georgia‘s present QB I’d no more talented and left Georgia went to a jc and returned . He is no 5* or 4* .
Give the boys time to gain experience , confidence and maturity. plus the WRs needed experience .
Pyne is the best QB on the roster and also the one with the lowest ceiling. Can we win a NC with Pyne? Doubtful. I also doubt he had a commitable offer from Bama and there is no way he could be starting there.

By the time Minchey is a sophomore, he and Buchner will have had about the same football experience given all of Buchners injuries. I think Buchner never starts again.

Is there any buzz at all from inside the program that we're hot to trot to bring in a portal QB for next season? Or is this just a fan phenomenon? Because I don't see why we would. Pyne has been a thoroughly decent, respectable QB, even if of course he's sort of In the Tommy Rees mold of being very serviceable but obviously not that great. Plus we have Buchner, Angeli and Minchey and even RP3. And this will be a veteran group, and it's not like we'd be deciding between a true frosh or a RS frosh like we would have been when Coan had his turn.

So I guess we could of course, but is there any evidence that we're actually seeking one out?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT