ADVERTISEMENT

Buchner vs Clausen

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
If they were both seniors, which kid would be ranked higher based on recruiting assessment data?

If they were both seniors, which kid would be ranked higher based on recruiting assessment data?
Wow good question. I would have to go with Clausen right now. There was so much hype around that kid. He actually did throw a great ball. Too bad Willingham left the cupboards bare and he was a tackling dummy for most of his ND tenure.

Clauses was the #1 overall player nationally by some people. Buchner will not be that. Buchner won’t throw it like Jimmy, but will be a much better athlete & teammate.

Why not go straight to Russell Wilson or Sammy Baugh! ?

Geez! Different era’s but JC was the #1 player in his class. And Buchner?

Why not go straight to Russell Wilson or Sammy Baugh! ?

Geez! Different era’s but JC was the #1 player in his class. And Buchner?

Buchner will win more at ND than Jimmy.
And won’t get punched in the face by his OL like Jimmy did. Or walk to the airport to fly home because his teammates don’t like him like Jimmy did.
Buchner won’t have the hype as Jimmy, but he will win more.

According to 247 composite, Clausen is the best recruit we’ve ever signed.

Yeah, Buchner won’t get the hype, but he is a legit 5 Star talent.
If he put up the numbers he did this past season after actually playing his Sophomore season, he would be top 10 overall players. He would have started the season top 30, then moved up. Instead he started top 100 (since he didn’t play last year) and moved up.
If he does it again & does well at camps (which he hasn’t attended because of lacrosse), he will be top 10.

Buchner is more talented than Clausen was. Better athlete, stronger arm

Clausen was overhyped. Recruiting scouting has improved.

Buchner will have the better college and pro career in my opinion

Clausen was overrated as a prospect. They said he was the Lebron James of high school QBs. They were way off on their evaluation

He was extremely accurate. But he had zero athleticism, average height and body size. Okay arm nothing spectacular. He was misevaluated

Reactions: notredamerises23
That was coaching & Weis always pitting them in bad spots. They had a lot of talent too. Many did better in the NFL than at ND.

absolutely. It seemed like we needed a 4th quarter comeback every game to win. Despite have NFL talent all over the place.

Clausen was overrated as a prospect. They said he was the Lebron James of high school QBs. They were way off on their evaluation

He was extremely accurate. But he had zero athleticism, average height and body size. Okay arm nothing spectacular. He was misevaluated
His arm was way stronger than Books. Go back and watch his highlights. He had a canon. His tape makes Book look amateur. I don’t know where he lacked or why he wasn’t a great NFL player. There was something lacking.

Reactions: valianted25
His arm was way stronger than Books. Go back and watch his highlights. He had a canon. His tape makes Book look amateur.
His arm was stronger than Books. Who said it wasnt? But Clausen did not have a rocket arm. Buchners arm is much stronger at the same age

Kizer and Golson both had stronger arms than Clausen.

The Clausen hype was in part due to him being old for his grade and held back a year. So when he was a sophomore in high school he was basically a senior and finished product.

That said, he had the best combination of touch and accuracy on deep balls that I’ve seen from an ND QB. Also threw a great 12-yard out pass.

I’m excited for Buchner. I hope he’s 3/4 as as good as Clausen.

I don’t think it’s possible to throw a better ball than what Clausen did, but Buchner brings a whole other element that Clausen couldn’t with his running ability. Buchner is without a doubt a 5* talent.

I don’t think it’s possible to throw a better ball than what Clausen did, but Buchner brings a whole other element that Clausen couldn’t with his running ability. Buchner is without a doubt a 5* talent.

“...Buchner is without a doubt a 5* talent.[/QUOTE]”
at this time = a ridiculous statement!

if it were not for you, we would not know who the smart posters (in contrast) were!

Hold the phone. Sounds like Pyne is standing out above the competition at Under Armor practices.

“...Buchner is without a doubt a 5* talent.

at this time = a ridiculous statement![/QUOTE]

The people who do the rankings have said so. They said he is 100% a 5 Star recruit, but they need to see him stay healthy through lacrosse season & play another full year of football. But they said if so he will be top 25 overall.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
The people who do the rankings have said so. They said he is 100% a 5 Star recruit, but they need to see him stay healthy through lacrosse season & play another full year of football. But they said if so he will be top 25 overall.

d1042 should be perma banned from this site. He’s nothing more than a pest.

Hes a USC fan obsessed with being on an ND board. Really weird

I know this is a free board, but you’d think they’d want to keep guys like him off their boards and running off valuable posters and prospective customers. This board could really use a mod. All this guy does is lay in the weeds taking shots at ND and irritating the site’s regulars. He never has an objective opinion for any of his comments. Like I said, he’s a pest at best.

Last edited:
I know this is a free board, but you’d think they’d want to keep guys like him off their boards and running off valuable posters and prospective customers. This board could really use a mod. All this guy does is lay in the weeds taking shots at ND and irritating the site’s regulars. He never has an objective opinion for any of his comments. Like I said, he’s a pest at best.

Just take solice in knowing you aren’t them.
Seriously, just think about how miserable some people must be, & be thankful you aren’t them. Enjoy being a ND fan. I could never be involved in something I hated or was so negative about.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT