ADVERTISEMENT

Buchner Leaving Football?

Could this be a scam? Go as a Lacrosse guy and walk on in football?

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
Bring him back to ND. He can get his degree....workout with the Football Team and play Lacrosse. If there is a QB emergency he can switch to Football scholarship. Win Win for everyone!

Reactions: Kelso86
Bring him back to ND. He can get his degree....workout with the Football Team and play Lacrosse. If there is a QB emergency he can switch to Football scholarship. Win Win for everyone!
When is the last time we've seen a player transfer back to the program they originally transferred away from?

It should be that easy, but too many football programs operate on a 1-chance basis. And when a player transfers away, it is seen as disloyal, and the action is usually enough to permanently burn a bridge (old school football coach logic)

Reactions: 1Redrum
When is the last time we've seen a player transfer back to the program they originally transferred away from?

It should be that easy, but too many football programs operate on a 1-chance basis. And when a player transfers away, it is seen as disloyal, and the action is usually enough to permanently burn a bridge (old school football coach logic)
Duke had a player this year who did that - he went to Northwestern for a year, then back to Duke.

Man Mike Goolsby looks like a idiot was going crazy for TB over Hartman. I feel like TB is very similar to Andrew Hendrix can run good arm but not a power 5 QB.

UGA QB Stetson Bennett. Left UGA for JUCO I believe before returning to UGA a year later and winning back-2-back NC’s.

Man Mike Goolsby looks like a idiot was going crazy for TB over Hartman. I feel like TB is very similar to Andrew Hendrix can run good arm but not a power 5 QB.
Buchner likely wins the same amount of games.. and you gave up 3 years of development.

Didn’t say that, said we could have lined up any degenerate on this board like yourself and won 9 games.
I disagree. NC State finished 9-3, and Hartman threw 4 TD passes in that game. Not only that, but he led us to good wins over Duke and USC as well. And we didn't lose any Marshall or Stanford type of games this year, either. All 3 teams we lost to were quality opponents.

I disagree. NC State finished 9-3, and Hartman threw 4 TD passes in that game. Not only that, but he led us to good wins over Duke and USC as well. And we didn't lose any Marshall or Stanford type of games this year, either. All 3 teams we lost to were quality opponents.
And all three could not be blamed primarily on him.
Only football morons would think TB being the qb ND would have won 5 games this season

“Led” us to a win against USC?? Haha you didn’t watch the game, the defense led the way with 3 INT, Sam threw for 126 yards.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86 and GDFan
I want him back on the team as QB! That would be awesome! Obviously he wouldn't be guaranteed the job. And he would be competing for it as if he never left. But this would be a good way to really establish the ethical/moral validity, or something like that, of the transfer portal. These players are not traitors for leaving their original teams, any more than some European soccer player is when he transfers to another club, and they frequently return to their original teams if it doesn't work out at a bigger club. And no hard feelings that I'm aware of.

And so he's welcome back as long as the originally parting was handled responsibly and professionally.

I think this is a clever way for Buchner to be held in reserve just in case a transfer or two, plus an injury leads to needing an emergency contingency QB.

The fact that Tyler Buchner couldn't be out Jalen Milroe doesn't mean he's a shit QB. If he hadn't transferred to Bama in the first place and instead stayed put he'd presumably be the easy odds-on starter for us in '24, and we wouldn't be looking for a transfer right now. And he would have sat on the bench behind Hartman just like he sat behind Milroe...

Reactions: NDOnTheRoad
The fact that Tyler Buchner couldn't be out Jalen Milroe doesn't mean he's a shit QB. If he hadn't transferred to Bama in the first place and instead stayed put he'd presumably be the easy odds-on starter for us in '24, and we wouldn't be looking for a transfer right now. And he would have sat on the bench behind Hartman just like he sat behind Milroe...
your grip on football reality is very slippery...

your grip on football reality is very slippery...
No it isn't. What I said is absolutely effin' correct. if he hadn't transferred he would be the heir apparent starter at ND for 2024. Without question. Nor is the fact that he didn't win the job at effin' Bama of all places, and Jalen Milroe is someone who's going to receive Heisman votes, some damning condemnation of his skills.

Jesus Christ, man.... Just shut up.

No it isn't. What I said is absolutely effin' correct. if he hadn't transferred he would be the heir apparent starter at ND for 2024. Without question. Nor is the fact that he didn't win the job at effin' Bama of all places, and Jalen Milroe is someone who's going to receive Heisman votes, some damning condemnation of his skills.

Jesus Christ, man.... Just shut up.
you can tell a REAL LOSER when he tries to claim opinions are facts
And you have always been a real loser
and you can tell a wannabe NAZI when he tells others to shut up

you can tell a REAL LOSER when he tries to claim opinions are facts
And you have always been a real loser
and you can tell a wannabe NAZI when he tells others to shut up
Feel like I’m back on the playground, “loser, moron” haha- classic stuff here.

Tell us more about how Hartman led ND to a win against USC. Is that opinion or got any facts to back it up? Or is simply taking snaps behind center enough?

Feel like I’m back on the playground, “loser, moron” haha- classic stuff here.

Tell us more about how Hartman led ND to a win against USC. Is that opinion or got any facts to back it up? Or is simply taking snaps behind center enough?
He started it. Anyway, I think it'd be kind of cool if Buchner came back. It'd be a hell of a story if he won the job and led us to the playoff. Yet another successful ND portal QB....

Reactions: 1Redrum
He started it. Anyway, I think it'd be kind of cool if Buchner came back. It'd be a hell of a story if he won the job and led us to the playoff. Yet another successful ND portal QB....
Well.... the more likely story is. Angeli goes in the portal and Buchner as a walk on becomes one of the 4 QBs for ND in 2024. I also firmly believe getting the Rezac kid to walk on is a cushion to make sure ND has competent QBs. The kid is a 3 star after all. Angeli will leave if he isn't the starter. Whether it's in December 2023, December 2024 or May 2024.

That would not be a problem. Smart kid....with a spring semester and if needed summer semester he will have enough to graduate.
He enrolled in January 2021 I believe. So by June 2024 - 7 semesters

Well.... the more likely story is. Angeli goes in the portal and Buchner as a walk on becomes one of the 4 QBs for ND in 2024. I also firmly believe getting the Rezac kid to walk on is a cushion to make sure ND has competent QBs. The kid is a 3 star after all. Angeli will leave if he isn't the starter. Whether it's in December 2023, December 2024 or May 2024.
I think Minchey is more likely to leave than Angeli.

He would be an effective Wildcat QB, he runs almost as well as a halfback and is a threat to pass. The way Kelly & Rees used him in 2021 was good.

Last edited:
He would be an effective Wildcat QB, he runs almost as well as halfback and is a threat to pass. The way Kelly & Rees used him in 2021 was good.
With the mobile QBs that are going to be on the roster, this is player redundancy that makes no sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT