ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Van Gorder and Brian Kelly?

Weis was not on a 5 year contract. - which is why ND bought him out

It was understood by the ptb that weis would get 5 years to turn things around....
When it didn't happen he was punted....regardless of contract duration.

If the rumors that Swarbrick made the call to fire BVG and Kelly was against it then yea, his seat is on fire.

Jack is telling Kelly in no uncertain terms he doesn't trust his judgement.

...more in play than swarbrick... kelly's PC was that despicable....

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the idea that Jack Swarbrick might not have the background to serve ND as AD. Here's Uncle Jack's background that clearly demonstrates his ability to serve as ND's AD.

Swarbrick was born March 19, 1954 in Yonkers, New York, the son of John Brian and Mary Catharine (née Comey) Swarbrick.[5] He earned an undergraduate degree (magna cum laude) in economics from Notre Dame in 1976 and alaw degree from Stanford in 1980.[5] He practiced law for 28 years and was a partner in the law firm of Baker & Daniels immediately prior to accepting his position at Notre Dame.[1][6] From 1992 until 2001, he also served as chairman of the Indiana Sports Corp., during which time he helped convince the NCAA to relocate its headquarters to Indianapolis.[6]

Swarbrick has never served as a sports agent, however, he did serve as counsel to Olympic gymnast Mary Lou Retton and various professional sports teams.

Swarbrick was previously considered for athletic director positions at Indiana University, Stanford University, Ohio State University, and Arizona State University [3] In 2007, he was considered for the position of commissioner of theBig 12 Conference, and in 2002 he was a finalist for the position of NCAA president, which went to Myles Brand.[7]

He was the vice-president of the team that successfully bid to host Super Bowl XLVI in 2012 in Indianapolis.[8]

From 2000-2002, Swarbrick was CEO of LMiV, an internet firm funded partially by Emmis Communications.[9]

Swarbrick has been a member of the Indiana bar since 1980 and is also admitted to practice in the Supreme Courtand the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.[1]" ---- Wikipedia.

Being affiliated as a Legal counsel and having some similar type of board-of-trustee positions are OK - but far different from overseeing the day to day operations of multiple sports teams - I don't see the 2 to be mutually intetchangeable - doubt that say Barry Alverez at UW could do the legal stuff that JS did before coming to ND and apparently JS can't do what Alverez has done at UW (success wise.....IMHO)

Last edited:
Being affiliated as a Legal counsel and
Having some similar type of board-of-trustee positions are OK - but far different from overseeing the day to day operations of multiple sports teams - I don't see the 2 to be mutually intetchangeable - doubt that
Say Barty Alverez at UW could do the legal stuff that JS did before coming to ND and apparently JS can't do what Alverez has done at UW (success wise.....IMHO)
ND should have did everything to get Alverez after Lou was done - this was a critical mistake by the administration.

If the rumors that Swarbrick made the call to fire BVG and Kelly was against it then yea, his seat is on fire.

If that is true, and quite possibly is, then Kelly is in a shit load of trouble. I think Kelly made the call.

Wasn't JS pretty high up the chain of command when he worked for the NCAA prior to coming to ND?

The rumors were most likely started on a message board and attributed to someone on the inside. Over the coming weeks, there will be variations on this rumor and it will all come from social media and it will always attribute the source as someone from the inside. Now, BK may have met with Jack to discuss the impending dismissal and maybe BK wanted Jack to sign off on it, but, to say that Jack ordered the firing is message board fodder without any proof or substance.

Right and then the dipshit bk hires a Purdue DC who just got fired for a pathetic run defense for 3 yrs.

Right and then the dipshit bk hires a Purdue DC who just got fired for a pathetic run defense for 3 yrs.
When you fire a coach mid-season your ONLY option is to promote from within so who should he have promoted to DC?

If that is true, and quite possibly is, then Kelly is in a shit load of trouble. I think Kelly made the call.
I think there is some validity to the rumor. Saturday evening Kelly is blaming the kids and saying he thought the coaches did a good job that game. Sunday comes and he fires BVG? It's a looooong way from, "the coaches did a great job" to firing the DC without some pressure from above.

Reactions: cgvr
And if you believe a message board rumor that Jack ordered the firing of BVG, then you must also believe that drilling a hole in your iphone 6 will create an earphone plug in. That is also on social media so it must be true.

And if you believe a message board rumor that Jack ordered the firing of BVG, then you must also believe that drilling a hole in your iphone 6 will create an earphone plug in. That is also on social media so it must be true.
Go listen to power hour on ISD. If anyone knows Mike Frank they know he is extremely conservative when making predictions or statements. He has zero tolerance for rumors and shuts them down immediately so if he "suggests" that this wasn't Kelly then I'm more confident that it was JS.

He is has been doing this for years and is really connected... then there is you who provide nothing other than trying to make personal attacks. So, yea, I'll believe Mike Frank over you every time.

Reactions: gavin1989 and cgvr
Name one personal attack. That's not how I fly. Name one. I have said all along that it is possible, but perhaps not probable, that JS ordered the hit. Before I ride down the Cherry Lane of rumor and talk, I need proof positive. I haven't seen it yet. We will see what Eric Hansen has to say in a little bit. Now, you were going to name a personal attack I instigated.

Name one personal attack. That's not how I fly. Name one. I have said all along that it is possible, but perhaps not probable, that JS ordered the hit. Before I ride down the Cherry Lane of rumor and talk, I need proof positive. I haven't seen it yet. We will see what Eric Hansen has to say in a little bit. Now, you were going to name a personal attack I instigated.
It's exactly how you roll....

you must also believe that drilling a hole in your iphone 6 will create an earphone plug in.

That's a personal attack? You've got to be kidding? You must walk in very soft shoes if you consider that actual social media rumor to be a personal attack. A personal attack towards who btw?

Go listen to power hour on ISD. If anyone knows Mike Frank they know he is extremely conservative when making predictions or statements. He has zero tolerance for rumors and shuts them down immediately so if he "suggests" that this wasn't Kelly then I'm more confident that it was JS.

He is has been doing this for years and is really connected... then there is you who provide nothing other than trying to make personal attacks. So, yea, I'll believe Mike Frank over you every time.

Java
Toby is a stand up poster, and Mike Frank is what you said he is.

That's a personal attack? You've got to be kidding? You must walk in very soft shoes if you consider that actual social media rumor to be a personal attack. A personal attack towards who btw?
It was awful! Bodi is now in the hospital. Next time instruct folks to put the phone down first. Sadly, a nurse told him, "hey, your phone is a "Jitterbug". At least the new hole in his head matches the other one....

Here's how it has gone the last couple of days. I mentioned that perhaps BK should check with this board to get some good advice and then I suggested he have a direct link between this board and his headphones. A poster took it serious and was upset with me. Then, a poster was very upset with Jack Nolan because Jack didn't call for the firing of BK or something on his radio show. When I mentioned that Jack works for Notre Dame and somewhat defended Jack, a poster went middle school and called me an unmentionable. Then, just today, I was tweeking the posters who were involved in all the conspiracy theories about BVG and the ridiculous names being mentioned as BKs replacement and, you guessed it, another youngster went all gangsta on me for having some fun with this crowd. The life of a sane message board anonymous poster. It's really fun when you know who you can poke and tweek.

:eek::eek:ok

shout out to LG

with all the posters seeing the light, I cant tell who is who any longer.

you still with us? don't give yourself away, but send a signal...you figure it out; lol

:rolleyes:

Hey, I just did as you say, and now my phone won't work. Do you know of any quick fixes?

I even took a fun jab at the stadium ushers but IrishJohn was too smart and didn't take the bait. From what I heard today, some pranksters set up a youtube vid or something saying that if you drill a hole in your iphone6, you can create a plug in for an earpiece. I guess some users actually fell for the prank and drilled holes in their phone, unless that part was a prank also. I never considered that a personal insult to posters on this board, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT