ADVERTISEMENT

Braden Lenzy

THUNDERSTRUCK111

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 21, 2012
How do you think this kid fairs this season.? Special teams ? Punt returner, maybe move to running back? Thoughts.? How fast is this kid compared to Troy pride? Bubba j need not respond.

Reactions: Bodizephax
How do you think this kid fairs this season.? Special teams ? Punt returner, maybe move to running back? Thoughts.? How fast is this kid compared to Troy pride? Bubba j need not respond.

I think he plays.
He will not be playing RB. He isn’t even on the radar for RB.
He will probably get looks on special packages at WR & will most likely return kicks & play special teams.
Having Lenzy & Pride back on KO return is crazy speed.
And I don’t believe he will respond.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
40 times rage from 4.39 - 4.47; most frequently posted is 4.47
That is fast, but, in the world of fast, are those times considered exceptional?

40 times rage from 4.39 - 4.47; most frequently posted is 4.47
That is fast, but, in the world of fast, are those times considered exceptional?

Yes.
The problem (Lou is talking about this right now funny enough) is all the false 40 times out there. Charlie Weis commented on this when he said 15 years in the NFL & he saw just a handful of legit 4.4 guys.
Kids are supposedly 4.3-4.4 guys in college, but then run 4.55 at the combine.
Will Fuller ran past “4.3” guys like they were standing still. Remember Adore Jackson from USC in 2015 and how he was a “low 4.3 guy” & Fuller ran past him like nothing. Fuller then ran something like a mid 4.3 at the combine, the fastest time for a WR.
Tony Pride just ran the 5th fastest time in the College Outdoor Track Championships this morning & will be in the finals tonight. That is “the world of fast” by definition, since that is actual track & field runners, not football.
And Lenzy & Pride are in the same speed class.

Track fast is not always football fast.
There were a few sub 4.35 guys at the recent combine.

Last edited:
Track fast is not always football fast.
There were a few sub 4.35 guys at the recent combine.

Have you seen Pride play? He is both.
So is Lenzy.
That was the joke this year at the combine. I believe 3 players broke that barrier, yet over 30 reported running it in HS/college.
Maybe 2-3 players a year run in the 4.3 area.

But your question was are they fast in the world of fast? So I answered it with Pride having the 5th fastest time at the National Championships, then you changed the narrative to track fast is not football fast?

Both Pride & Lenzy we’re recruited as football players first, track second. But both could be on track-only scholarship.

Is it possible that some of the fastest players sustain injuries during the season and then appear slower than expectations but play on the injury? Take Josh Adams for example. He needs minor surgery to repair a stress fracture in his foot. How long was that going on? If it occured last season that would explain a lot.

Reactions: Kelso86
i can see coach Kelly having the staff do what they did with Fuller his freshman year where he got in a few times and had the QB would throw hail marys down the field to him because of his speed. throw a couple of deep balls to him in the Michigan game with his speed so Michigan can't keep the safeties at the line to help out with the run

Reactions: Bodizephax
Is it possible that some of the fastest players sustain injuries during the season and then appear slower than expectations but play on the injury? Take Josh Adams for example. He needs minor surgery to repair a stress fracture in his foot. How long was that going on? If it occured last season that would explain a lot.

Or, added weight gain = slower. Also, how many 4.3-4.4 guys are even NFL material to begin with? I think 40 times are greatly overstated too, but there are reasons for guys to get slower.

Reactions: Kelso86
Have you seen Pride play? He is both.
So is Lenzy.
That was the joke this year at the combine. I believe 3 players broke that barrier, yet over 30 reported running it in HS/college.
Maybe 2-3 players a year run in the 4.3 area.

But your question was are they fast in the world of fast? So I answered it with Pride having the 5th fastest time at the National Championships, then you changed the narrative to track fast is not football fast?

Both Pride & Lenzy we’re recruited as football players first, track second. But both could be on track-only scholarship.

Actually, I was referencing and agreeing with your earlier reply.

Pride finished 7th in the NCAA Outdoor Track & Field National Championships tonight. Not too shabby for a part-timer.

Lenzy won everything in his HS championships tonight:

Reactions: irishsportsfan
The in each ofthe last 3 combines, only a handful (5-7) have gone sub 4.4, so 4.39 would be in the top 25 for the last 3 combines.
But remember Lenzy will need to put on 20 pounds to get to 190. So if he finishes his ND career as a 4.45 guy, that is still in the ‘world of speed’.

Will NaNa be a surprise Mother’s Day commit ?

Last edited:
Speaking of speed & fake 40 times.

Today Troy Pride ran a hand-timed 4.30 & laser-timed 4.38 40.

Keep in mind two things:

1) Troy Pride just finished 7th at the Track & Field National Championships. So he was the 7th fastest college athlete in the country among world class sprinters.

2) The difference between a hand-timed & laser-timed 40 was an incredible .08 seconds, which is incredibly small, but when recording 40 times that’s a huge difference.

Summary:
All the people claiming “4.3 & 4.4 40 Times” are using hand-tired & aren’t that fast.
Troy Pride is really, really fast. Anything in the mid-4.3’s is blazing. It’s just people over-exaggerate their times to make it seem normal, when nobody in college football is running that except 3-4 guys total.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT