ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen

Not getting the angst here. Irish now 4th in 2023 recruiting per rivals. OU is 10th which is about what the average class was under Riley. Have no idea where Bowen will wind up. But you still recruited a lot of talented guys. So now just all about the coaching.
Plus our NIL is just getting off the ground. OU is not Texas A&M, Oregon or an $EC school (yet). There is no way we are getting this kid an NIL deal worth $2,000,000. Not saying we don't have an NIL deal for him in place, but $2,000,000 for a kid that plays safety? Nope, not happening. If he does come to OU it will be more a combination of NIL, proximity to Denton and his relationship with Jackson Arnold.

Plus our NIL is just getting off the ground. OU is not Texas A&M, Oregon or an $EC school (yet). There is no way we are getting this kid an NIL deal worth $2,000,000. Not saying we don't have an NIL deal for him in place, but $2,000,000 for a kid that plays safety? Nope, not happening. If he does come to OU it will be more a combination of NIL, proximity to Denton and his relationship with Jackson Arnold.
I've got it. Offer them a crypto currency invented by the NIL group.

Prove that is not.

We can go round and round.

Bowen was our most elite national recruit. He got offered money others didn't

Similar to Keely and Moore

But i know a lotof our commits turned down upfront money and they should be commended for that
Anyone can throw out numbers.

Already looking like one of the best OU D recruiting in the last 20 years. Before Bowen. And OU needs them all.

Yeah Bell and Love have potential, but Edwards and Bowen were game changers from Day 1 in the return game. I don' see the natural abilities of a returner that edwards and bowen had.
Day 1? Ha no they weren’t
Prove that is not.

We can go round and round.

Bowen was our most elite national recruit. He got offered money others didn't

Similar to Keely and Moore

But i know a lotof our commits turned down upfront money and they should be commended for that
ha you’re the one who started the merry go around by asking to show proof?

Day 1? Ha no they weren’t

ha you’re the one who started the merry go around by asking to show proof?
Bowen and Edwards wouldn’t beat out tyree or Joseph as returners? Ha ha ha … our returners this year were terrible

Bowen and Edwards wouldn’t beat out tyree or Joseph as returners? Ha ha ha … our returners this year were terrible
Yea the former rivals fastest man and All American. You’re of the same posse that’s ready to crown every 16 year old five star as the second coming. That 3 star 155 LB dude with offers from CU and KSU would have been the savior.

Yea the former rivals fastest man and All American. You’re of the same posse that’s ready to crown every 16 year old five star as the second coming. That 3 star 155 LB dude with offers from CU and KSU would have been the savior.
Tyree hardly played hs football, he was a combine warrior…. Edward’s and Bowen have dominated for multiple years

Hes right. They are better in the return game

And Edwards is a 4 star top 200 kid. Not a 3 star

They would have been the punt returners for sure.

Tyree was awful this year in KR so would have had a shot there too

Agreed Tyree was awful. He seems to have no lateral quickness and runs in the tackle most of the time

Predictions flipping on TOS from ND to OU. The “commitment” is meaningless at this point. Kids are locking in early to hold a spot while they keep shopping. If only colleges would do same thing. CFB is a shit show.
No they need to let colleges sign kids as soon as their Jr year is over and stop doing signing deadlines.

Tyree is terrible. No vision. No lateral moves. No creativity. He suks
This isn't true. He's a one cut runner that needs zone to play to his strengths... They are running him the same way they run estime. Hell a screen or a toss is better for Tyree.

Reactions: tbonesays
To be fair, it's likely 450k per year being reported as 2 million.

This isn't true. He's a one cut runner that needs zone to play to his strengths... They are running him the same way they run estime. Hell a screen or a toss is better for Tyree.
agree but tyree had some huge opportunities with a ton of green grass/turf and he dropped 2 critical screens that were super easy catches.

But I agree 100% they are using him poorly with the types of runs they are calling. personally i don't think he should be a single back unless it's 3rd and long or an equivalent. I like him part time slot, part time in two back sets where D has to honor estime pounding up the middle or tyree speed wide

There's a ton of different Bowen rumors. I'm not even going to post them.

I'll say this, if Freeman lands Bowen I will give absolutely massive kudos for hanging in there and scrapping.

I can’t. Hyperbole.
No it really isn't. The worst starter on the ND football team was the QB position followed by the LB. If you insert any of the following - Nix, Maye, Pennix, Rising, Leary, Hartman, Young, Stroud, Duggan, McCarthy, Mullet guy UT, absolutely ND offense looks vastly different vs SC. Heck throw in De Lara from AU too.

I'll say this, if Freeman lands Bowen I will give absolutely massive kudos for hanging in there and scrapping.
I think he is scrapping to the end. That said, what the kid is telling Freeman when they speak, how is Freeman interpreting it .. is the kid simply leading Freeman on? NONE of us know what is being said in those discussions.

Come December 21, 2022 -- we will all know the answer.

Recruiting Rumors needs a dark period.
Come December 21, 2022 -- we will all know the answer.
Well, we know a kid could renig on Dec 22nd with few consequences.

Reactions: Kelso86
It was the 5 days without any ND related posts on his Twitter not the supporting of his sons. You can do both you know.
Exactly, lol. Nobody blames him for supporting his kids, lol. It was the absurd amounts of props he was giving the entire OU program, head coach, etc., without ND content while we are trying to secure a 5 star kid away from that program and right after losing Edwards. It was ill timed and over zealous. Post a post and then celebrate off social media.

Some OU fans are worried Arnold is getting offered a massive bag to go to OR bc Dante is likely bolting. That would be the ultimate awesome after how these OU fans have acted about Bowen.

Tyree was awful this year in KR so would have had a shot there too they are starting from D

Having a shot is a different assessment than saying they are Day 1 starters. the recruit that decommits is always the missing piece to return ND to glory. Reality is, very rare freshman are Day 1 impact guys.

Reactions: Kelso86
Having a shot is a different assessment than saying they are Day 1 starters. the recruit that decommits is always the missing piece to return ND to glory. Reality is, very rare freshman are Day 1 impact guys.
Punt returner I said for sure. Kick returner definitely possible. Very likely especially if Tyree leaves, then yes.

Peyton Bowen would be starting at safety next year for us. He's that good.

Edwards who knows. But if you have a creative OC, he will find a way to get him the ball

Punt returner I said for sure. Kick returner definitely possible. Very likely especially if Tyree leaves, then yes.

Edwards who knows. But if you have a creative OC, he will find a way to get him the ball
Tyree is in the middle of his junior season, close to graduation. Why would Chris Tyree leave?

Edwards would not be playing meaningful ball at Notre Dame next year even on special teams. Please stop the nonsense. He's 5'9 160 lbs.
Not happening at Notre Dame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT