ADVERTISEMENT

Botelho Back

Kelly said they'll know Tuesday if he is back. I assume and i'm guessing he tested negative yesterday and needs one more tuesday?

Kollie still out so the 10 or 14 day quarantine looks like it's still in place.

Kelly said they'll know Tuesday if he is back. I assume and i'm guessing he tested negative yesterday and needs one more tuesday?

Kollie still out so the 10 or 14 day quarantine looks like it's still in place.
Were not all the players vaccinated?

Vaccine doesn't keep you from getting it. I got in in Late July. Hospital 11 days. Guy in next room was vaccinated. Funny they NEVER talk about natural immunity and NEVER talk about the decent rate of people who are vaccinated getting it. It's only demonizing non vaxxers. They actually blame the vaccinated getting it on the unvaccinated. WTF? Science. 😂

Vaccine doesn't keep you from getting it. I got in in Late July. Hospital 11 days. Guy in next room was vaccinated. Funny they NEVER talk about natural immunity and NEVER talk about the decent rate of people who are vaccinated getting it. It's only demonizing non vaxxers. They actually blame the vaccinated getting it on the unvaccinated. WTF? Science. 😂
You are absolutely right. It is sickening. I was perfectly fine until I got vaccinated.

• Haha
Reactions: mh2365
This is good news. I have him on permanent transfer alert, unfortunately it would not surprise me in the slightest.

But hopefully if he gets into the swing of things pretty quick, and if he can establish himself in the rotation then he'll wanna stay. In any case good news.

Reactions: IrishMike409
IMHO, he can be a difference maker. He has a non stop motor and can deliver the wood! He can be downright mean on the field.

Hopefully this can help clear it up for you…
The vaccine will increase your chances substantially of not getting infected, hospitalized or dying from CovID but the vaccines are not 100% effective. Unvaccinated people increase the chance of spread, therefore increasing hospitalizations and deaths. If everyone was vaccinated, then the likelihood of getting infected would be very low. It’s math, not science.

The vaccine will increase your chances substantially of not getting infected, hospitalized or dying from CovID but the vaccines are not 100% effective. Unvaccinated people increase the chance of spread, therefore increasing hospitalizations and deaths. If everyone was vaccinated, then the likelihood of getting infected would be very low. It’s math, not science.
It won't; you're talking to a rock.

Reactions: mh2365
The science has changed every week for 18 months..no wonder you’re now pointing to the math because the science has been more fluid than John Candy’s bowel movements. The deception and lies are also fact, Fauci clearly states multiple times masks don’t work but the agenda is still being shoved down every throat in America..and they wonder why people are skeptical and would rather take their 99.3% chance of survival.

Thanks Dr!!!

Not so fast my friend !

One has to assess the various risk pools.
Along with assessing the risk pools of those who have received the vaccine.

The overwhelming statistics are that those who are vaccinated don’t get hospitalized or die if they contract Covid, which is rare

Either the vaccine works or it foesnt

if it works, you don’t have to worry about the unvaccinated

Children are not in the high or moderate risk pools snd the long term effects of the vaccines on children is undetermined, unknown.
children are also not prime transmitters of Covid.

I would be opposed to vaccinating my child

You may or may not remember Thalidomide

Reactions: HarpuaIrish
The science has changed every week for 18 months..no wonder you’re now pointing to the math because the science has been more fluid than John Candy’s bowel movements. The deception and lies are also fact, Fauci clearly states multiple times masks don’t work but the agenda is still being shoved down every throat in America..and they wonder why people are skeptical and would rather take their 99.3% chance of survival.
Fauci has made some mistakes but he’s also dealing with a new virus and multiple variants. The messaging could have been better.
99.3%, if that’s the correct number, chance of survival is high, but across billions of people worldwide results in millions dead. Plus you’re more likely to spread the virus to another person. Survival rates for the vaccinated are much much higher.

Not sure what your news feed is, but they have always said you can still get covid even if vaccinated. No vaccine is 100% effective.

Not sure what your news feed is, but they have always said you can still get covid even if vaccinated. No vaccine is 100% effective.
Uhhhh. Response was in regard to poster who asked if all players we’re vaccinated. Appreciate you trying to help me get my news though.

Botelho will make QBs tremble and rbs fumble. Great that he finally is playing. Now if Kelly lets him get into games. Kelly will punish guys for at least 4 games where OSU sits them out for a half of game for same offenses. I really think if Stepherson had a counselor/therapist he might of been a better kid.

Botelho will make QBs tremble and rbs fumble. Great that he finally is playing. Now if Kelly lets him get into games. Kelly will punish guys for at least 4 games where OSU sits them out for a half of game for same offenses. I really think if Stepherson had a counselor/therapist he might of been a better kid.
The key is to not have our good pass rushers trying to cover slot wrs in the flat so many times a game. Foskey looked amazing rushing the passer but 10-20 plays he didn't even rush.

If he wants ends to drop back at least have 6 dlinement near LOS and disguise who is rushing vs who is dropping. when we go 3-3-5 it's clear what Dline isn't coming and who is rushing = we get gashed. We didn't do it as much vs toledo, but why do we do it at all?

Another reason to bag a 3 down formation. The DL is our deepest and best unit.

Fauci has made some mistakes but he’s also dealing with a new virus and multiple variants. The messaging could have been better.
99.3%, if that’s the correct number, chance of survival is high, but across billions of people worldwide results in millions dead. Plus you’re more likely to spread the virus to another person. Survival rates for the vaccinated are much much higher.
I dont know why we care anymore in America about the Covid. You either got vaccinated or you didn’t. Personal choice. But if you didn’t and you get sick, tough shit. Stop locking people in a cage and making them cover their faces. These mask mandates feel like living in an Islamic state where you get crucified for showing your mouth. The vaccine is like speeding while riding a motorcycle without a helmet or driving without a seatbelt. Your choice. Deal with consequences. Don’t make me drive differently because of your choices. Don’t make people get vaccinated or fire them. Stop making rules that control people’s lives for no reason. There’s a seatbelt available to everyone in this country. Let’s move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golson5
I know tons of people getting Covid that are vaccinated. None are getting very sick though.
Tons? I doubt that ... but that said, and as I said, yes you can, and they've said all along, uou can still get covid-19, but your chances of hospitalization or dying are drastically reduced. No different than any other vaccines that we've all been required to take for school.

I dont know why we care anymore in America about the Covid. You either got vaccinated or you didn’t. Personal choice. But if you didn’t and you get sick, tough shit. Stop locking people in a cage and making them cover their faces. These mask mandates feel like living in an Islamic state where you get crucified for showing your mouth. The vaccine is like speeding while riding a motorcycle without a helmet or driving without a seatbelt. Your choice. Deal with consequences. Don’t make me drive differently because of your choices. Don’t make people get vaccinated or fire them. Stop making rules that control people’s lives for no reason. There’s a seatbelt available to everyone in this country. Let’s move on.
Seatbelts aren't optional...

That was one of the best right-wing lunatic speeches I've heard yet. Seriously, that was good stuff. You pretty much distilled the far-right general position in these tumultuous times perfectly. Maybe you could become a demagogue....

Reactions: ATLHoosier
That was one of the best right-wing lunatic speeches I've heard yet. Seriously, that was good stuff. You pretty much distilled the far-right general position in these tumultuous times perfectly. Maybe you could become a demagogue....
Perhaps, minus the lunatic part. Only a lunatic has the audacity to call someone they disagree with a lunatic. I’m a libertarian. Proud as hell to be. Let freedom ring. God, country, notre dame.

Tumultuous. If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard a liberal say tumultuous. There was a time where liberal (liberty) meant a belief in freedom. Today it means supporting penalty for those unwilling to address their neighbor as a Harry Potter figure if that’s how they’re feeling. The most embarrassing thing a man can be today is a liberal. Conservatives are stupid too. Libertarian is common sense. America lacks it on both sides of the spectrum. Give me liberty or give me death.

I never get sick. Now that I got the shot because my job forced me without forcing me, I've been sick twice in a month!
I wasn’t able to get an elective surgery due to others Covid concerns. That may have implications I’ve yet to realize. Lots of people died or are still dealing with mental problems due to the reaction to Covid. Covid is no bueno. Im not anti vacc or a crazy right winged science denier. I’m vaccinated and didn’t hesitate. If u don’t want the vaccine, it’s your ass. I do not get the forced theory. I understood forced masking before the vaccine. That was protecting people that wanted a vaccine and were concerned about getting sick. I supported that. Don’t tread on me, means don’t get me sick, just as much as it means don’t make me get vaccinated. Post vaccine it’s simply tyranny, as it has no purpose other than arbitrary power. People aren’t ever going to concede to lifetime masking. Don’t tread on me means, if it isn’t hurting anyone but yourself, don’t worry about it. Liberty is the most important American foundational principle. I don’t understand why liberals despise that principle. I don’t smoke, but I could legally. Do I have the right to do that in a public restaurant? No, I don’t believe I do. Smoking is far more dangerous than Covid. People have the right not to have to breathe in your shit habit. If you want to get Covid or want to take that risk, it’s your God given right. Same as it is to swim with sharks. If it’s bad for the sharks, it’s no longer your right. We’re beyond the point where masks or vaccines are needed to protect people that are vaccinated. You have a fricken vaccine for God’s sake.

Last edited:
Tumultuous. If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard a liberal say tumultuous. There was a time where liberal (liberty) meant a belief in freedom. Today it means supporting penalty for those unwilling to address their neighbor as a Harry Potter figure if that’s how they’re feeling. The most embarrassing thing a man can be today is a liberal. Conservatives are stupid too. Libertarian is common sense. America lacks it on both sides of the spectrum. Give me liberty or give me death.
You have a gift, sir! I think by 'tumultuous', you just mean big words, big, fancy, fifty-cent college words? And so what would you have, like five bucks??

Or maybe you're right! Maybe, as an arch-right wing toxic American male, your antipathy for liberals is so.... exquisite, shall we say - that's another fancy-pants liberal word - that you really do have an insight there, and tumultuous is indeed one of the most liberal words out there. And I must that is some of the keenest anti-intellectualism I've yet come across. I'm almost wondering if you're trolling me, you're like a character from a Sinclair Lewis novel!

No wonder you've been so nuts this off season, with your constant, grinding dissatisfaction and loud complaining about recruiting. Now I get it....

You have a gift, sir! I think by 'tumultuous', you just mean big words, big, fancy, fifty-cent college words? And so what would you have, like five bucks??

Or maybe you're right! Maybe, as an arch-right wing toxic American male, your antipathy for liberals is so.... exquisite, shall we say - that's another fancy-pants liberal word - that you really do have an insight there, and tumultuous is indeed one of the most liberal words out there. And I must that is some of the keenest anti-intellectualism I've yet come across. I'm almost wondering if you're trolling me, you're like a character from a Sinclair Lewis novel!

No wonder you've been so nuts this off season, with your constant, grinding dissatisfaction and loud complaining about recruiting. Now I get it....
I feel bad for you. Being a liberal in today’s definition of the word (I was a liberal in 2008 and voted for Obama) is like admitting you’re all kinds of wacko. I was a liberal in 2008 because I supported freedom of thought, opinion, free love. Today, that definition means something very different. Many people that were “liberal” in 2008 and voted for Obama are now considered by your and many other leftists definition as alt right, toxic American male. You’re disgusting just like the rest of them.

As much as you want to label anyone not far left as an alt right male. This is incredibly false, but typical for today’s “liberals” to say if your opinion clashes. You can’t escape the fact that you and the rest of the liberals are now associated with absurd things like UBI, safe spaces, silencing free speech, and essentially tearing to pieces the U.S. constitution amd the foundational principles of American democracy.

I suppose you have 0 respect for those hundreds of thousands of “toxic American men” that have died on the battle field so you can spew your opinions freely. People like you and with your opinions have every right to live, breathe, and profess your desire to tear America down. You get to believe that in this great, free country. I just have and always will stay as far away from people like you as possible. Not because I can’t handle that you have a different opinion, but because I find you incredibly dangerous, immoral, and likely unwilling to have dialogue.

Don't mistake your radical leftist beliefs as being “liberal” or more intelligent. That’s a pervasive and narcissistic attitude shared by Marxists like yourself. Many Notre Dame professors are very conservative and they’re much smarter than you. Although you probably don’t think so.

Do you just hate all men or do you just hate white men? I do t suspect you’re a liberal at all. I suspect you’re a far leftist nut job. I also suspect you’re afraid to believe anything outside of the pop norm for fear of being in the minority. That’s likely because you’re a sissy. Get back to discussing football fruit loop. You have a picture of Brian Kelly as your profile pic. How did you feel about his execution remark? Did you cancel him? Have you been canceled yet?

Have you ever read the Niemoller poem? I suggest all leftists and right wing nut jobs who want to silence those with different opinions read it. I’m a liberal, just not in today’s sense of the word. Far from an alt right and far from far left. Expecting a decent president or solid middle of the road political leaders died in 2016 when we put the two worst candidates in history on stage. I am a proud Catholic. I believe in Jesus, decency, morality, as well as kindness and love, and freedom of thought expression and choice. Too complex to fit into any knucklehead political party or simplified political philosophy. I proudly support capitalism and rewarding those who work hard. I believe that Notre Dame our Mother is important. I’m a notre dame fan not just because I owe them $200,00 in student loans, but because they represent morality while at the same time opening their doors to people with weird opinions like you to root for the football team, and, if smart enough, attend the school. I assume the ND admissions criteria offends you, though as it’s merit based. Something a leftist like yourself would like to dismantle. If that’s alt right in today’s troubled world, then I’ll happily die that way. However, “alt right toxic male” is exactly what a Marxist or “liberal” like yourself would label me. I can handle that definition, I don’t need a safe place. Go hide under your mattress or better yet, cancel me by clicking that ignore feature. Someone disagree with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Telx1 and Syd4ND
I feel bad for you. Being a liberal in today’s definition of the word (I was a liberal in 2008 and voted for Obama) is like admitting you’re all kinds of wacko. I was a liberal in 2008 because I supported freedom of thought, opinion, free love. Today, that definition means something very different. Many people that were “liberal” in 2008 and voted for Obama are now considered by your and many other leftists definition as alt right, toxic American male. You’re disgusting just like the rest of them.

As much as you want to label anyone not far left as an alt right male. This is incredibly false, but typical for today’s “liberals” to say if your opinion clashes. You can’t escape the fact that you and the rest of the liberals are now associated with absurd things like UBI, safe spaces, silencing free speech, and essentially tearing to pieces the U.S. constitution amd the foundational principles of American democracy.

I suppose you have 0 respect for those hundreds of thousands of “toxic American men” that have died on the battle field so you can spew your opinions freely. People like you and with your opinions have every right to live, breathe, and profess your desire to tear America down. You get to believe that in this great, free country. I just have and always will stay as far away from people like you as possible. Not because I can’t handle that you have a different opinion, but because I find you incredibly dangerous, immoral, and likely unwilling to have dialogue.

Don't mistake your radical leftist beliefs as being “liberal” or more intelligent. That’s a pervasive and narcissistic attitude shared by Marxists like yourself. Many Notre Dame professors are very conservative and they’re much smarter than you. Although you probably don’t think so.

Do you just hate all men or do you just hate white men? I do t suspect you’re a liberal at all. I suspect you’re a far leftist nut job. I also suspect you’re afraid to believe anything outside of the pop norm for fear of being in the minority. That’s likely because you’re a sissy. Get back to discussing football fruit loop. You have a picture of Brian Kelly as your profile pic. How did you feel about his execution remark? Did you cancel him? Have you been canceled yet?

Have you ever read the Niemoller poem? I suggest all leftists and right wing nut jobs who attack those with different opinions read it. I’m a liberal, just not in today’s sense of the word. Far from an alt right and far from far left. Expecting a decent president or solid middle of the road political leaders died in 2016 when we put the two worst candidates in history on stage. Now you’re a Fruitloop if you identify with either. I am a proud Catholic. I believe in Jesus, decency, morality, as well as kindness and love, and freedom of thought expression and choice. Too complex to fit into any knucklehead political party or simplified political philosophy. I proudly support capitalism and rewarding those who work hard. If that’s alt right in today’s troubled world, then I’ll happily die that way. However, alt right toxic male is likely what a Marxist or “liberal” like yourself would label me.
I'm sorry, I'm not going to read all this. I just wish I had noticed this about you earlier. For some reason I thought you were one of more sane fans on this board. How completely wrong I was, right?

However, if you want talk about liberals, which as far as someone like yourself is concerned, I definitely am one. All's I would say is I don't think other liberals can really empathize with lunatic conservatives, certainly not the way I can being a big CFB fan. I get to see you guys when you're NOT talking about politics, and yet you're every bit as crazy and extreme and intense just talking football. Maybe even worse.

So it's a pretty grim picture, I feel like I don't have any illusions where America is headed, and my CFB fandom really helps me appreciate that all the more keenly. I just wish you could stop being quite such a hater as you are towards the team and the program. I guess you're feeling particularly frustrated and unfulfilled these days, and so you take it out on BK. Anyway, nice chatting with you.....

I'm sorry, I'm not going to read all this. I just wish I had noticed this about you earlier. For some reason I thought you were one of more sane fans on this board. How completely wrong I was, right?

However, if you want talk about liberals, which as far as someone like yourself is concerned, I definitely am one. All's I would say is I don't think other liberals can really empathize with lunatic conservatives, certainly not the way I can being a big CFB fan. I get to see you guys when you're NOT talking about politics, and yet you're every bit as crazy and extreme and intense just talking football. Maybe even worse.

So it's a pretty grim picture, I feel like I don't have any illusions where America is headed, and my CFB fandom really helps me appreciate that all the more keenly. I just wish you could stop being quite such a hater as you are towards the team and the program. I guess you're feeling particularly frustrated and unfulfilled these days, and so you take it out on BK. Anyway, nice chatting with you.....
Beat Purdue.

Reactions: Syd4ND
Something about this smells fishy. Remember when rumors were floating around that Botelho was going to miss some or all of the season for some unknown reason. During a press conference Kelly says it's ridiculous he doesn't know where these things start, there is no truth to it.

The opening game rolls around and suddenly Botelho is not in the squad and as far as I know no reason was given. Now suddenly he's available and again I haven't seen a reason why he's was out.

Reactions: Kelso86
This isn't actually correct but not completely wrong either. Nearly every study has shown that the vaccine viral load of the Delta variant in vaccinated and unvaccinated people is identical. The vaccine does nothing to stop one from getting or spreading the Delta variant. Just look at Israel and Iceland which have well more than 80% of their population vaccinated, they are seeing rise in cases (of Delta).

There are 215-ish strains of flu and if you don't get the correct vaccine that means you aren't protected from the others. Thats why every year they make an educated guess as to what strains we are likely to see that flu season and you get a vaccine that includes 2-4 of the likely strains.

But, just like the flu even if you don't get the correct vaccine the symptoms you suffer are likely to be less severe if you get vaccinated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT