ADVERTISEMENT

BK: "Will play hot RB". QB?

BGI User 348

I've posted how many times?
Aug 29, 2003
Pennsylvania
BK said all 3 RB's will play but then the one that gets hot will play more. He was asked the same thing on the 2 QB's and did not say the same thing. BUT....IMO....that will happen too. We all have good & bad days.....in the old days I believed in my "bio-rhythms" to explain it.

I 110% SUPPORT BK's decision vs texas to play BOTH. Make it hard for them to game plan!! Again what he does not say but what is obvious is it is likely one will get hurt at some point. Thank goodness we have quality depth at both RB & QB.

BEAT the texicans!!!!!

have you ever ever heard a QB endorse such a plan?
Did you get the idea that MZ was endorsing this plan?

I can see 2 RB's in rotation, but 3 makes it hard for a back to get in the flow.

Except for the diploma implications; a transfer would probably more benefit DK. The sitting a year would not help, but if he is up/down, in/out that can't really advance his football growth.

From Kelly's perspective he is looking at it as college is the career; and he is trying to win college games at ND. He is not trying to train an NFL QB.

And another side note, if the Dennis Dixon QB type is Kelly's darling then what must PJ be wondering?
DK had an outstanding 1st year; one that got him in the HT discussion. (See Kiel or Barnett)

Except for the diploma implications; a transfer would probably more benefit DK. The sitting a year would not help, but if he is up/down, in/out that can't really advance his football growth.

From Kelly's perspective he is looking at it as college is the career; and he is trying to win college games at ND. He is not trying to train an NFL QB.

And another side note, if the Dennis Dixon QB type is Kelly's darling then what must PJ be wondering?
DK had an outstanding 1st year; one that got him in the HT discussion. (See Kiel or Barnett)
BK said all 3 RB's will play but then the one that gets hot will play more. He was asked the same thing on the 2 QB's and did not say the same thing. BUT....IMO....that will happen too. We all have good & bad days.....in the old days I believed in my "bio-rhythms" to explain it.

I 110% SUPPORT BK's decision vs texas to play BOTH. Make it hard for them to game plan!! Again what he does not say but what is obvious is it is likely one will get hurt at some point. Thank goodness we have quality depth at both RB & QB.

BEAT the texicans!!!!!

BEAT the texicans!!!!!

I like MZ as a college QB; and college is his football career; but I have been very high on DK from his commitment, if this was purely a football decision then he should sit with a trusted advisor and decide what is in his selfish best interest. After all, everyone else is. So far (2000 forward) from a pro prospect QB perspective ND has been a QB killer.

ps: I should have said active QB in previous post.

Reactions: Howard Hall 74
2 QB rotations rarely work and at some point both get envious or disgruntled with the other. The result is poor production from the QB and both never develop to their maximum talent level. This is not helpful for recruiting either. Kizer is a possible HT candidate and possible winner. BUT,...scratching head.....that's why he's coach 8 & 4.

ps: I should have said active QB in previous post.

That certainly changes things.

That said, I think it makes more sense to put added weight behind the opinion of the adult who has already been through it and can look at it from a more objective perspective. The players are looking at it from the winner's perspective. Their opinion is VERY likely to change when they find themselves as the back-up.

2 QB rotations rarely work and at some point both get envious or disgruntled with the other. The result is poor production from the QB and both never develop to their maximum talent level. This is not helpful for recruiting either. Kizer is a possible HT candidate and possible winner. BUT,...scratching head.....that's why he's coach 8 & 4.

When Montana got hurt and the job went to Young things got dicey on his return. Seifert then made the tough decision....

well, in the players defense; if the player believes he is the better player then good for him!
players want to play! if either accepts less with a smile then sit him!

nothing was learned from tOSU situation?

I TRUST in BK!!!!! All he announced was both will play vs texas. Clearly if one performs BETTER......this will change. One injury can vault the other in as THE QB.

Just WIN baby!!!

well all along we generally felt that BOTH would play; but to wuss out on a decision speaks volumes of leadership!

Ever thought that he truly believes playing both gives the team the best chance to win? As many have said, BK was very vague in saying both QB's will play. Will it be a series by series situation, by quarter, red zone duty, mop up? The fact is, nobody knows and is assuming it will be a 50/50 split, which I don't think anybody wants. I'll give him a 2-game experiment and after Nevada this should be decided.

Malik takes us to the holy land this year, goes pro... Kizer brings us back next year, goes pro... Wimbush follows the year after, same result... etc, etc...

Actually I trust Kelly, Sanford and the rest to make the right decision here. We have a lot of good possibilities unlike years past -- QBs with busted knees, Frosh QBs with no experience, QBs with smarts but not much athleticism... We have three solid, athletic QBs perfectly suited for Kelly's offense...

Gonna be a great run (if the defense can pick it up!)

well all along we generally felt that BOTH would play; but to wuss out on a decision speaks volumes of leadership!

pers I disagree. I had the exact same situation when coaching.....two equal QB's.....I split time thru the 1st couple of games...then one had better performance in games and became the clear #1. We will have to see what happens with ND....JUST WIN BABY!!!

well, for you 348 friend. A wait n see attitude - hopefully the issue resolves 'itself'!

Kizer mentioned he thinks Kelly is doing what's best for the team. Well maybe DK should start to consider what's best for him.

Last edited:
I think MZ is the better leader.....though only insiders really know......and if that was the case last season it shows how far DK has come in development to be equal. My guess is either thru performance or injury ND ends up with ONE QB.

BEAT da cows!!!

BEAT the texicans!!!!!

I wish someone would ask how he is going to determine that....

Not that it matters but any topic regarding the QBs I show my bias towards Malik. My question for those who think DK should've won it outright. Is it based on his experience or feeling he is the better QB? If the latter what game last year did he put the team on his back and lead to a W?

It's impossible to make either one a second string at this time. MZ has done everything right since his injury and Kizer has taken advantage of his opportunity ( Fuller had a lot to say about that). No way do these 2 split time throughout the season. IMO it's the Oline that will dictate who plays more. If these guys have trouble in pass pro at Texas I think MZ will be more involved in the run game. Playing both is the only move BK can make at this time. He has great respect for both guys. Did anyone watch the showtime episode with MZ going to the lockroom wit tears streaming down his face? You'r gonna make that guy a #2? Kizer looks like a pro QB but may not have the "it" factor MZ can bring to the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT