ADVERTISEMENT

BK to LSU per Reports

so how much does our AD offer coach Freeman to stay and take over the job
Option 1 - 10-12 Mil / year to Luke Fickell
Option 2 - Same to Marcus Freeman - only concern here is he has no previous head coaching experience but seems like he would be successful

Option 2 - Same to Marcus Freeman - only concern here is he has no previous head coaching experience but seems like he would be successful
Marcus Freeman hire would be a disaster. He’s proven nothing. I’m very very worried this is a consideration. Would be horrible. Fickell is clearly a seasoned head coach. Freeman is a Duke type hire. Not an ND hire.

I don’t think Freeman is ready. Hire Fickell, maybe pay a little more to keep Freeman in the fold. What makes you think Freeman is ready to be HC?

No Urban Meyer please. Fickell would be nice, I really don’t hate the idea of promoting Freeman…

What scares me, during a year when there have been lots of coaching changes already announced, is that Notre Dame is still a very slow moving creature when it comes to coaching decisions. I would assume ND has known for some time that Kelly was talking to LSU. I just hope they have a plan in place, but the past has not been a very good guide.

I know none of the extremists here will acknowledge it all and will just be endlessly butt hurt by Kelly leaving and hate him for life now (as multiple embarrassing posts have already shown,) but this should just be a reminder to all of you of the reality that Notre Dame is NOT the Notre Dame you all continue to perceive it to be.

They're still a name, yes. And still a big name in college football. But there are a LOT of big names in college football now and they're just another one of those teams in that group. No one gives a crap what happened in 50/60/70 years ago. In the eyes of just about anyone outside of a message board like this, Kelly is leaving for a job just as, if not more prestigious because none of those people give a crap that a team won a lot of championships in and before the 1960's.

How funny would it be if Kelly left and ND won the championship anyway, highlighting that anyone can win a title at ND. I’m not giving up hope. We’ve got a good team.

Reactions: IrishMike409
No Urban Meyer please. Fickell would be nice, I really don’t hate the idea of promoting Freeman…
Please don’t say such things. Freeman is a DC with 0 head coaching experience. He’d be in so far over his head. We’d lose a lot of games. Would be very bad.

I know none of the extremists here will acknowledge it all and will just be endlessly butt hurt by Kelly leaving and hate him for life now (as multiple embarrassing posts have already shown,) but this should just be a reminder to all of you of the reality that Notre Dame is NOT the Notre Dame you all continue to perceive it to be.

They're still a name, yes. And still a big name in college football. But there are a LOT of big names in college football now and they're just another one of those teams in that group. No one gives a crap what happened in 50/60/70 years ago. In the eyes of just about anyone outside of a message board like this, Kelly is leaving for a job just as, if not more prestigious because none of those people give a crap that a team won a lot of championships in and before the 1960's.
Shut the hell up. BK is old and has coaches like get at ND than any coach in history. Perhaps he feels it’s time to move on and or ND feels he’s not worth the money. ND had made the playoffs 2xs. That’s pretty relevant.

Well, here comes 10 years of mediocrity until we get thru the new version of Davie, Ty, and Charlie.
lol

Maybe Kelly was feeling the Freeman pressure in the same way Holtz felt the Bob Davie noise.

Kelly won't last at LSU. Their fans might be the only fans more passionate than Irish fans. Wonder if he will always receive the ball to start the games down there?

Nothing is coming out of ND !

And, you couldn’t pick worse timing in terms of the CFP Committee making their decisions

You guys know me. I'm the biggest Kelly fan on this site. But he leaves with a big big hole in his legacy. I'm disappointed and a bit angry. Yeah, I get it -- ND doesn't seem to pay what the big boys do... We've never really heard what the package is, but it isn't on par with the other top five coaches.

But to lost Elston and maybe Freeman... This is devastating.

Damn.

Reactions: 48triplethreat
lol

Maybe Kelly was feeling the Freeman pressure in the same way Holtz felt the Bob Davie noise.

Kelly won't last at LSU. Their fans might be the only fans more passionate than Irish fans. Wonder if he will always receive the ball to start the games down there?
Ed Orgeron and Les Miles won national titles there. BK is going to be terrific with all that talent.

lol

Yep. If we hire Freeman that means we don’t care about winning at all. Game over. Freeman isn’t even as good as Clark Leah and look how that worked for Vandy. This is disgusting.

No to Freeman, we’ve been down this road before with Bob Davey and Charlie Weis.

Bullshit.

Making an assistant who recently arrived your Head Coach could be one of the most calamitous decisions ND could make.

If a new coach needs to be hired, you should hire a coach with prior head coaching xperience.

Reactions: thehellyousay
This just in: In a bid to retain Kelly as coach, Notre Dame to announce that it will accept NCAA decision vacating 21 wins, leaving him with only 92 wins, which is 13 shy of the record.

Reactions: ftnfan62
Making an assistant who recently arrived your Head Coach could be one of the most calamitous decisions ND could make.

If a new coach needs to be hired, you should hire a coach with prior head coaching xperience.
I'm surprised you are here. I thought you would be in an emergency BOT meeting lol!

I think you throw as much money as you can to get fickell. If he says no you promote freeman. Not ideal but if we need to keep the recruiting momentum

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT