ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Surprise

For me it was the rotation at LB. I know they said it, but dang, they weren’t kidding!!! Kiser, KVA, Bowen, Ausberry, Sneed.

I was skeptical of Ausberry and Sneed playing on the inside but play inside they did. I’m sure there’s plenty to clean up but ND gave up 250 yards and 13 points. One of those FG’s was 50 yards!

Great job D! Locked up those receivers!
Without question for me it’s Knapp. I wondered why we recruited him. He was undersized and underwhelming but kudos to our staff identifying talent. It seems like we are placing high value on movement, athleticism Ala Joe Alt and it’s paying off

Ohhhh ok. You think he called the Pick play? Interesting.
I took Freeman’s “i told you” more-so as possibly telling him to trust his instincts, react and don’t play tentative.

Not necessarily being Connor stallions and telling him the exact play coming.

Reactions: HRC08
A lot of great answers here. I’m going to go with a team answer. When A&M tied it 13-13 I admittedly had the thought “Welp, here we go again.”

Seeing the offense drive down the field for a TD, then Golden staying aggressive on defense leading us to a 10pt win was so refreshing at a hostile environment on the road.

Almost felt like a new leaf being turned over. Excited for the future for this team.

Biggest surprise ? I’ve been conditioned over the last 10-15 years to wait for the end game collapse. I refer to OSU last year as an example. However , the grit this team showed in that environment was unbelievable. They battled through all the mistakes and missed opportunities to get out of their with a win. That type of win hasn’t happened in a long time. It was great win for those players and coaches but also for the program.

Stated previously that my upside surprise was Hinish. As for disappointing surprise, I go with Oben. Haven’t access to recording, so don’t know if this was a matter of design where he was part of containment vs pressure, but can’t think of one time where he blew up a play.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Ford made some crushing blocks.
Bowen was f-ing every where -- gonna be an All-American.

First time QB with a first time OC with a ton of first-time WRs (who flashed.) Be patient fellas, this is going to be fun!

Ford made some crushing blocks.
Bowen was f-ing every where -- gonna be an All-American.

First time QB with a first time OC with a ton of first-time WRs (who flashed.) Be patient fellas, this is going to be fun!
So many young guys with huge upsides contributing. Traore and Shuler and KVA and the list goes on. OL needs to give Leonard more time in the pocket, and Leonard and receivers need to be on the same page. Expect both to develop in coming weeks. I’m with you Stu, it’s going to be fun. And your employer, USC looks like it will be a hell of a challenge at their home in our last game.

Reactions: IrishMike409
'Locked in?" I am watching LSU-USC. There is zero guarantee Notre Dame wins at USC.

Should Notre Dame win? Sure.

Locked in? Hell no
By "locked in", I meant focused on.

Absolutely no guarantee we go 12-0. But right now....it's certainly in play, and what the team and coaching staff is shooting for.

Reactions: sjb75
And you’re the one who whines all the time about name-calling

You’re a pathetic joke, a loser and a hypocrite
For clarification, the " Turd alert" reference is not about you the individual but merely an observation on the quality and content of the post itself.

My biggest surprise was how many Aggies went down with cramps and we had... none?

Its obviously early, but this rotation is the type of thing that elite teams have had while ND struggled. When you are playing a team that can keep rotating in rested lungs and legs, it puts a lot of strain on the opposing team. Heck, you don't need to rotate in 5 star talent either. Three star talent that is fresh beats 5 star talent that is gassed more often than not. ND appears to be in pretty good shape there.

For clarification, the " Turd alert" reference is not about you the individual but merely an observation on the quality and content of the post itself.
So you think that the amount of time the quarterback has to get rid of the ball is irrelevant

I thought you were a self-declared expert on football

I guess not

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT