ADVERTISEMENT

BIG 12 PREDICTIONS

Bryan Driskell

Football Analyst
Apr 19, 2015
Granger, IN
Here are my Big 12 predictions, which I had a very hard time with.

1. Texas - 9-3 / 7-2
2. Oklahoma State - 10-2 / 7-2
3. Oklahoma - 10-2 / 7-2
4. TCU - 8-4 / 6-3
5. Kansas State - 7-5 / 5-4
6. Texas Tech - 6-6 / 5-4
7. Baylor - 6-6 / 3-6
8. West Virginia - 5-7 / 3-6
9. Iowa State - 4-8 / 2-7
10. Kansas - 3-9 / 0-9

Big 12 Championship Game: Oklahoma State beats Texas (I have Texas beating OSU in the regular season)
Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year: Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas
Big 12 Coach of the Year: Tom Herman, Texas (Changing it up from the magazine when I had Gundy winning national COTY honors)

Oklahoma should be the best team in the league when you look on paper. It returns a lot on both sides of the ball, including all 5 starters on the OL. I think Oklahoma beats Ohio State on the road but as the season wears on and Riley has more on his plate I think they slip up. Oklahoma has the tougher conference schedule schedule, having to play Texas in a neutral site game, Oklahoma State on the road and both Baylor and KSU on the road.

I have TCU at 8-4 but I don't trust Kenny Hill, I could see them losing another game or two. I see West Virginia taking a big drop this year. Their margin for error was already thin during their 10-3 season and they lost 8 starters on defense plus they lost a starting LB to an injury already.

I had a really hard time picking the Big 12. I could see both OSU or Oklahoma running the table in the league, but I think Herman plus the talent that Charlie Strong built into that roster gives Texas a legit shot to make some noise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.