ADVERTISEMENT

Football Ashton Crag Commits To Notre Dame

I am aware of that. I do happen to follow ND football. I realize those 3 guys were Harry Hiestand proteges, but our OL has continued to play pretty well even after Harry left.
I think our OL has benefited from the left over effects of Harry. I think we are now seeing Jeff's maturation of his players. OL has been our staple for sometime and perhaps it's just me but it appears to be slipping.

I think our OL has benefited from the left over effects of Harry. I think we are now seeing Jeff's maturation of his players. OL has been our staple for sometime and perhaps it's just me but it appears to be slipping.
We wont know until this year

Any facts to support this assertion? Or are you just basing it off of what you’ve seen recently? I’m not trying to be a dick…apologies if it is coming across that way. I’m actually curious because a lot of my friends say the same things. I guess I just haven’t really seen it yet other than in pass pro. But I contributed a lot of that to Ian having happy feet.

Any facts to support this assertion? Or are you just basing it off of what you’ve seen recently? I’m not trying to be a dick…apologies if it is coming across that way. I’m actually curious because a lot of my friends say the same things. I guess I just haven’t really seen it yet other than in pass pro. But I contributed a lot of that to Ian having happy feet.
I'm mainly basing it off is the recruiting I've seen over the last couple years. Evey OL recruit that has came on campus this year who we were in really strong left and has gone cold on ND. That's not good! Next just seeing all the movement on the line this year. Going into fall and still trying to decide who's playing where. You're best recruits of the 2019 class may not be in the lineup this year which says to me they are not being developed.

Reactions: Kontiki09
I'm mainly basing it off is the recruiting I've seen over the last couple years. Evey OL recruit that has came on campus this year who we were in really strong left and has gone cold on ND. That's not good! Next just seeing all the movement on the line this year. Going into fall and still trying to decide who's playing where. You're best recruits of the 2019 class may not be in the lineup this year which says to me they are not being developed.

So you are not impressed with Blake Fisher, Rocco Spindler and Tosh Baker? Those guys will all be studs if they play up to their potential. And I think Alt may end up as a diamond in the rough. We have movement on the line because we graduated some guys. Let's see how this plays out. I think we will be fine.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Agree- Wis immediately comes to mind. But would anyone here take their OL over ours? Right now?
Maybe? They have 4 Returning starters that are 5th Year seniors. A lot of experience on that line. ND is unproven as a unit and individually so its hard to say. I will say that with the OL more then almost anywhere else on the field the collective experience of the group matters.

Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT