ADVERTISEMENT

Arnold Palmer

deadirishpoet

All Star
Jun 1, 2003
I am not a fan in any sense but I do understand the value and the influence he had in the game My Father spoke of him often trying to get me involved in the game

Rest in peace

Reactions: captstabbin
I am not a fan in any sense but I do understand the value and the influence he had in the game My Father spoke of him often trying to get me involved in the game

Rest in peace
One great guy - I loved him as a kid as millions did

he was one of the last of the real sports hero's that was 'super'
with The Mick, Willie, Sandy, Ted, Johny U, Jim B., Vince, Wilt Russell, Big O, Baylor and West.
and ....

We never knew them other than the athlete, so all we saw was greatness!

He wasn't the greatest golfer who ever lived. As a matter of fact he wasn't even the greatest golfer of his time. He was more than that. He made the game of golf exciting and as such transformed it. Pro golfers to this day owe a debt to Palmer. He will be missed.

he was one of the last of the real sports hero's that was 'super'
with The Mick, Willie, Sandy, Ted, Johny U, Jim B., Vince, Wilt Russell, Big O, Baylor and West.
and ....

We never knew them other than the athlete, so all we saw was greatness!
You forgot the greatest of, Ali.

He wasn't the greatest golfer who ever lived. As a matter of fact he wasn't even the greatest golfer of his time. He was more than that. He made the game of golf exciting and as such transformed it. Pro golfers to this day owe a debt to Palmer. He will be missed.

yep

when he hitched those pants, 'charge'!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT