ADVERTISEMENT

Army and Navy

NDblitz

Posts Like A Champion
Dec 15, 2021
I know "stats are for losers" LOL! Just looked up the records for the oppoents: Army has played 4 teams in the CBS bottom 25 and Lehigh. Their best win is over 3-3 FAU. FAU best "wins" are a 6 point loss to MSU and a 4 point loss to N Texas. Navy has played 4 teams in the bottom 25 and Bucknell. Best win is over Memphis. Memphis best win is over FSU. Now I understand these guys are tough, scrappy and confident. And they will play hard. They have also won most of the games by a good clip. And, yes, ND lost to NIU. But I'm not sure if they are Good by Service Academy standards or by College Football standards. Time will tell. GATech first.

Last edited:
It’s at least impressive that they’re winning by wide margins as you acknowledged. Memphis is usually pretty good so that’s a good win by Navy. Navy gave up a lot of points though but I’m not sure how the points came about.

ND just can’t turn the ball over as these games will be shortened. If the academies find themselves up by 14 points, that will put more stress than usual on Notre Dame compared to other opponents. Now with a true freshman at corner, there might be some more assignment busts and big plays. These games will be fun to watch.

I’m glad Navy got it turned around. That was a poor performance against ND in 2023. Poor strategic decisions IMO from their head coach going into 2023, but I’ve only watched parts of their games so I’m not sure how much has changed from last year.

Navy will be a tough outing. We usually don’t play that well at met life stadium with a 12 o’clock kickoff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT