ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody here know what Kevin Pyne's status is with Notre Dame

GOUNUII

Irish Insider
Jan 4, 2004
The tall OT prospect from the East has reclassified from the 2020 to the 2019 class ... and has gone from appearing to be a priority recruit at places like ND, Clemson and other bluebloods to taking official visits at places like Northwestern and Boston College.

Anybody here know much about this? Thanks in advance.

GOUNUII

The tall OT prospect from the East has reclassified from the 2020 to the 2019 class ... and has gone from appearing to be a priority recruit at places like ND, Clemson and other bluebloods to taking official visits at places like Northwestern and Boston College.

GOUNUII
I can tell you one thing about his status from what you posted. He's a very good and serious student.

He is still not going to college until January of 2020.
By reclassifying he can be counted towards either 2019 or 2020 class, but won’t enroll either way until 2020. He is undecided on whether he will play football at a prep school next year or not. He needs to because he is still very raw.
It is currently a ND/Michigan battle with ND in the lead. ND is also going after 4-5 other top 150 OL in that class, so not sure how high of a priority he is currently as was the case before. He plummeted down a few recruiting services’ rankings after having a mediocre season this year.
But to get to you real question, the reason why you are asking, I have not heard him mention Northwestern once when talking his top 5. He did say he was going to visit around 10 or more schools, but his top 5 hasn’t changed.

He is still not going to college until January of 2020.
By reclassifying he can be counted towards either 2019 or 2020 class, but won’t enroll either way until 2020. He is undecided on whether he will play football at a prep school next year or not. He needs to because he is still very raw.
It is currently a ND/Michigan battle with ND in the lead. ND is also going after 4-5 other top 150 OL in that class, so not sure how high of a priority he is currently as was the case before. He plummeted down a few recruiting services’ rankings after having a mediocre season this year.
But to get to you real question, the reason why you are asking, I have not heard him mention Northwestern once when talking his top 5. He did say he was going to visit around 10 or more schools, but his top 5 hasn’t changed.

I have confirmed official visits to BC and Northwestern already in the book. Also confirmed the OV to NU was his 2nd time on campus. Appears to be keeping things very close to the vest by comparison to when he was reporting elite offers and taking blue chip visits from coast to coast earlier this year. I looked at his film. Not the type of OL prospect ND and Michigan sign. In fact, I would rate him below the 2 OTs NU will sign in the 2019 class. The big issue is the fact he is definitely a developmental prospect in need of some serious weight/strength training. Upside must be very high provided he can add and sustain 40-60 lbs. of very good weight/strength.

Thanks for your input. My hunch is he ends up at BC.

GOUNUII

I have confirmed official visits to BC and Northwestern already in the book. Also confirmed the OV to NU was his 2nd time on campus. Appears to be keeping things very close to the vest by comparison to when he was reporting elite offers and taking blue chip visits from coast to coast earlier this year. I looked at his film. Not the type of OL prospect ND and Michigan sign. In fact, I would rate him below the 2 OTs NU will sign in the 2019 class. The big issue is the fact he is definitely a developmental prospect in need of some serious weight/strength training. Upside must be very high provided he can add and sustain 40-60 lbs. of very good weight/strength.

Thanks for your input. My hunch is he ends up at BC.

GOUNUII
None of the major sites have him listed as taking official visits currently. When did he take them?

None of the major sites have him listed as taking official visits currently. When did he take them?

To Northwestern this past weekend and to BC just before that. The NU one is proof positive confirmed, and the BC one was reported through reliable NU channels.

GOUNUII

I think the NU fan forgets his cousin (Drew) is a top 5 QB & ND commit & multiple people from their inner-circle are members on the premium board.
Kevin’s schedule isn’t secret to the ND mods & his family who post on here.
The NU fans’ posts above are not accurate.

To Northwestern this past weekend and to BC just before that. The NU one is proof positive confirmed, and the BC one was reported through reliable NU channels.

GOUNUII

Officials aren’t private, or close to the vest, they are public because they are required to be reported. The NCAA only allows each player & team a precise number of official visits, so they are monitored & public.
Kevin (or any player) aren’t taking private officials. They can take private unofficials, but OV’s are monitored.

Reactions: Kelso86
I think the NU fan forgets his cousin (Drew) is a top 5 QB & ND commit & multiple people from their inner-circle are members on the premium board.
Kevin’s schedule isn’t secret to the ND mods & his family who post on here.
The NU fans’ posts above are not accurate.

My god you post some real BS.

Go to the Wildcat Report free board and see for yourself. There’s a nice picture of Pyne at Fitz’s home this weekend with all the other official visitors. The WR mod went one step further and confirmed it was an official visit.

Must not have made it onto Pyne’s “schedule”, but it sure did happen. LMAO

GOUNUII

Officials aren’t private, or close to the vest, they are public because they are required to be reported. The NCAA only allows each player & team a precise number of official visits, so they are monitored & public.
Kevin (or any player) aren’t taking private officials. They can take private unofficials, but OV’s are monitored.

What’s your point? You haven’t noticed how quiet the Pyne camp has been for some time now?

GOUNUII

Go to the Wildcat Report free board and see for yourself. There’s a nice picture of Pyne at Fitz’s home this weekend with all the other official visitors. The WR mod went one step further and confirmed it was an official visit.

GOUNUII
don't you know that if it's not on the pay site here it can't possibly be true ?

Reactions: Pennick4

GOUNUII

Where did I say a visit didn’t happen?
Please show me that?
Re-read my post. I said we are aware of his visits. Now move along....

And post BS? This coming from a NU fan who ran his mouth all season about NU going to beat ND then disappears when ND bends NU over.
You don’t bring any info to the board not already known. Just because a few people here are butthurt over not knowing info, but pretending to, gives you an audience.

Last edited:

GOUNUII

Were they official or unofficial visits?
NCAA monitors officials. Unofficials are on Kevin's dime. either way good for your team. If I were a player like him I would take as many unofficial and officials as I can.

Where did I say a visit didn’t happen?
Please show me that?
Re-read my post. I said we are aware of his visits. Now move along....

And post BS? This coming from a NU fan who ran his mouth all season about NU going to beat ND then disappears when ND bends NU over.
You don’t bring any info to the board not already known. Just because a few people here are butthurt over not knowing info, but pretending to, gives you an audience.

Shameless Internet BS. Does credibility mean nothing to you?

bitter ? and please enlighten me about what lies I have told ? you pay guys hate it when someone beats you to the punch. amusing. 9.95 a month doesn't make anyone smarter or wiser or more connected.
Then he comes on here and tells us what is being said on the pay site. Beautiful!

Reactions: Kelso86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT