ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else terrified about the red wedding in Athens in three weeks?

The Irish also have alot of question marks on defense and WR. The WR unit has been hit big by the injury bug. The defense was slow in open space vs Louisville and got beat outside the tackles with speed. Ian Book literally takes off to run if his first read even appears like he isn't there. That's a habit that I dont see changing in two weeks.

The Irish also have alot of question marks on defense and WR. The WR unit has been hit big by the injury bug. The defense was slow in open space vs Louisville and got beat outside the tackles with speed. Ian Book literally takes off to run if his first read even appears like he isn't there. That's a habit that I dont see changing in two weeks.

ND staff will probably have a menu of 2 quick reads and a dump off. They will negate Books’ yips!

Nobody thought UGA was going to "roll" ND in 2017. In fact, most Georgia fans thought we were going to lose. We were starting a true freshman QB on the road in an extremely hostile environment. Our starting QB was out. There was no backup. And Georgia was coming off of a pedestrian 8-5 season.
I agree with this post but I think even most Notre Dame fans will admit that Notre Dame stadium is far from hostile

Especially in view of the fact that there were 30,000 UGA fans in attendance.

I agree with this post but I think even most Notre Dame fans will admit that Notre Dame stadium is far from hostile
You’re telling me the family of 4 bringing their 80 year old parents in a completely sober stadium aren’t a hostile bunch?

As a long time stadium attendee, the stadium is more Woodstock than Altamont. More slap fight than Texas Cage match. More glider than A-10 Warthog. More Good Will Hunting than Animal House. More Floyd Patterson than Mike Tyson. Irish fans are incredibly friendly and generous. Been there, done that. Seen it for years. Irish fans lose a game, talk and crab about it on the way home, then get ready for 18 after Mass the next day, then talk and crab about that. The stadium ushers are the best. Friendly beyond belief. Helpful beyond the call of duty. The students are the best. I love those rascals. Those who are going, pay strict attention to the strict bag guidelines and you are now entering the stadium through a metal detector. Be safe and have a blast.

I was there that night. It was not nearly as loud as a normal night game because of all the UGA fans. Day games I agree with you, but night games against marquee opponents can get pretty loud and intimidating.

refresh my memory on the roughing the passer. I don't recall that play.

Correct. Late hit on sideline. Very questionable on a 3rd and long. Moving out of bounds. Kept the last scoring drive alive for UGA. Put them up, 20-19 if I remember.

Correct. Late hit on sideline. Very questionable on a 3rd and long. Moving out of bounds. Kept the last scoring drive alive for UGA. Put them up, 20-19 if I remember.
Agree, questionable call.
Both teams were much better than they were the year before. Both were better by the end of the season than they were in that game as well. Look forward to another great game next Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT