ADVERTISEMENT

An objective view on Kelly ?

NO, Swarbrick clearly stated that the first he was aware of the situation was Sunday night and that money was NEVER part of the discussion.

No, what he said was Kelly let him know of his decision last night. By him, Jack, saying he was not surprised and that he was aware something was up for a while, is what leads me to believe my fictitious playout of a talk could be a possibility. We don't know anything, really. What either chooses to relay to the public is only their messaging.

Don't take Jack as some angel. He job is public relations in addition to negotiating contracts with all coaches across all ND sports. If BK was building some supposed mansion in SB, he probably wasn't expecting to be gone anytime soon. And maybe a 12 yr relationship combined with a very successful resume, had BK pretty confident that they'd be able to work something out.

Pure speculation on my part, but looking at everything, it makes sense to me.

No, what he said was Kelly let him know of his decision last night. By him, Jack, saying he was not surprised and that he was aware something was up for a while, is what leads me to believe my fictitious playout of a talk could be a possibility. We don't know anything, really. What either chooses to relay to the public is only their messaging.

Don't take Jack as some angel. He job is public relations in addition to negotiating contracts with all coaches across all ND sports. If BK was building some supposed mansion in SB, he probably wasn't expecting to be gone anytime soon. And maybe a 12 yr relationship combined with a very successful resume, had BK pretty confident that they'd be able to work something out.

Pure speculation on my part, but looking at everything, it makes sense to me.
Jack said that he was first made aware that Kelly was going elsewhere on Sunday night.

Jack said that he “sensed” that something was up, but that he had no prior knowledge and that money was never discussed, meaning that Kelly had made up his mind and wasn’t looking for a counter offer from ND.

let’s also not forget that just one week earlier, when asked, Kelly unequivocally stated in PUBLIC, that he was staying at Notre Dame !

Ergo, everything happened after that press conference.

Question: Who is Kelly’s agent ?

The timetable has been moved up, for hiring and firing, on account of the recruiting timetable changing recently. Otherwise they would have waited longer for all this, for BK, for Lincoln Riley, etc. When NSD was in February, they could take they're time with it. Now, it's coming in two weeks, so they gotta get new coaches in immediately.

I'm pretty sure that's all it is...

As for all the superfans out there announcing how betrayed they feel, why don't you make a little home video like this one here and share it with the world. That oughta make you feel better....

Actually happy to see him go, need a fresh new start.

Try to imagine what this board will be like IF Kelly wins a championship at LSU. It will be an absolute, complete mental breakdown from many of the highest order and the board will probably need to be shut down for an extended period of time.
You posted the above, which I quoted.

Now tell us that you’re a great fan of Notre Dame

Jack said that he was first made aware that Kelly was going elsewhere on Sunday night.

Jack said that he “sensed” that something was up, but that he had no prior knowledge and that money was never discussed, meaning that Kelly had made up his mind and wasn’t looking for a counter offer from ND.

let’s also not forget that just one week earlier, when asked, Kelly unequivocally stated in PUBLIC, that he was staying at Notre Dame !

Ergo, everything happened after that press conference.

Question: Who is Kelly’s agent ?

I hear what you are saying. And it sounds like you are giving Jack the BOD. Jack's still here and has the situation to now deal with. I think Kelly has moved on and won't try to give background heresy. He's done with it. Maybe he will write a book and talk about this episode (pretty much the only way he'd sell a lot of books) of his life.

I think it was leaked by LSU people. Maybe not on purpose if it was admin., but they talk and someone hears and boom it's out there. Kelly: Bad.

I am certainly not an advocate for Kelly, especially in this situation, but it's still unfolding, maybe journalists will bring some things to light, maybe to sell they will try to make some logical connections w/out facts just to tie it together, who knows. I gave a fictional account of a possibility w/out knowing a damn thing of what may or may not have happened, just to give all of us something to consider before damning one guy and making the other guy the angel.

Let's learn more and be very excited in this time about the future.

I'm leaning heavily toward Freeman just to keep continuity and recruiting on an upward trajectory. Plus I know that defense wins championships, and Freeman knows about defense. Not sure of Fickell's background before taking a HC position. But of what little I've seen of him, Fick seems stable, intelligent, and competitive. Will he get eaten alive by the admin and usurp his control and ability to make the team better just to keep his job secure? I think he's a better fit into the machine that is Notre Dame.

I think Freeman is the guy that will battle that system for the sake of greatness for the kids he brings in. He won't go quietly into that good night.

Gotta like that!

Try to imagine what this board will be like IF Kelly wins a championship at LSU. It will be an absolute, complete mental breakdown from many of the highest order and the board will probably need to be shut down for an extended period of time.

I could top that meltdown example you gave. (Just came to me this one: if he won the CFP championship by beating ND).

But my actual first thought in reply to your "Board meltdown" would be if Notre Dame missed the CFP and then played LSU this upcoming Bowl season...and lost. lol

Nice breakdown - well stated. In life, people are who they are - BK is just being who he is. I know that's no consolation but it helps when you have to forgive and forget. I view this mess as exciting times - what coach worth his salt isn't looking at this and licking his chops.

ND is in position to potentially make the CFP and this was, by most standards, a down year for the team. The talent on this team and that in the pipeline is staggering. ND is on track to vie for a NC for years to come. I haven't been this excited for ND football since the 88-93 timeframe.
That is assuming we keep the class together. If we wait for fickle and he's in the college football playoffs, then we may lose the certificate number of players on the early signing date, and we know the pickings are slim for the February signing day. However if Freeman is promoted and I think that you would be a good coach despite the lack of experience, he brings to Notre Dame great enthusiasm and above-average defense, great recruiting and he hires the right coordinators in assistance, and delegates appropriately he'll be a fine head coach. We really do need to keep the recruiting class together

the comical part of this saga is that he talks about commitment and trust and love your "brothers". He was and is a complete fraud. Leaving ND isn't an issue. Most people figured he'd do that sooner or later. It's how he left. He basically said (bleep you ) and rolled. Then he goes down there and gives this BS speech to his new team about trust and commitment and the best school , blah blah blah. The guy who is billed as the "all time winningest" coach at ND , will go down as the all time "most despised" coach at ND. Kelly leaving is the best thing that could have happened. Notre Dame can and will do better. Go Irish!!!

Throw 95 million @ him he's out of here
someone offers him 150 mil to get out of LSU in 5 years he will bolt from there too
He is a complete fake.. watch his press conference @ LSU hiring today when reporter tries to pin him why did he leave a possible playoff team like that.. his answer was it's my choice
When he asked him about his legacy he said he doesn't give a crap about his legacy
He was never going to win a NC so glad he is gone.. to be honest ND should have kicked him to the curb when he went 4-8 he'll hard time getting a job at kansas @ that point

I hear what you are saying. And it sounds like you are giving Jack the BOD. Jack's still here and has the situation to now deal with. I think Kelly has moved on and won't try to give background heresy. He's done with it. Maybe he will write a book and talk about this episode (pretty much the only way he'd sell a lot of books) of his life.

I think it was leaked by LSU people. Maybe not on purpose if it was admin., but they talk and someone hears and boom it's out there. Kelly: Bad.

I am certainly not an advocate for Kelly, especially in this situation, but it's still unfolding, maybe journalists will bring some things to light, maybe to sell they will try to make some logical connections w/out facts just to tie it together, who knows. I gave a fictional account of a possibility w/out knowing a damn thing of what may or may not have happened, just to give all of us something to consider before damning one guy and making the other guy the angel.

Let's learn more and be very excited in this time about the future.

I'm leaning heavily toward Freeman just to keep continuity and recruiting on an upward trajectory. Plus I know that defense wins championships, and Freeman knows about defense. Not sure of Fickell's background before taking a HC position. But of what little I've seen of him, Fick seems stable, intelligent, and competitive. Will he get eaten alive by the admin and usurp his control and ability to make the team better just to keep his job secure? I think he's a better fit into the machine that is Notre Dame.

I think Freeman is the guy that will battle that system for the sake of greatness for the kids he brings in. He won't go quietly into that good night.

Gotta like that!
I agree that LSU leaked it, that could have been an intentional strategy to prevent Kelly from changing his mind.

The leap from being an AC to a HC is enormous and ND has not fared well when they hired AC’s.
ND’s terrible history of hiring AC’s is what leads me to believe that they won’t make that mistake again.

While I don’t want a rushed decision, the sooner ND selects a new HC, the better.

Reactions: Weisnheimer
the comical part of this saga is that he talks about commitment and trust and love your "brothers". He was and is a complete fraud. Leaving ND isn't an issue. Most people figured he'd do that sooner or later. It's how he left. He basically said (bleep you ) and rolled. Then he goes down there and gives this BS speech to his new team about trust and commitment and the best school , blah blah blah. The guy who is billed as the "all time winningest" coach at ND , will go down as the all time "most despised" coach at ND. Kelly leaving is the best thing that could have happened. Notre Dame can and will do better. Go Irish!!!
👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT