ADVERTISEMENT

An 11-1 Regular Season Outcome

BC3ND

Irish Guard
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2017
Charlotte, NC
It's that time of year to be optimistic and look forward to the season. With that said, let's say Lea is a huge success on the defense, Wimbush progresses in his passing, and we are able to pull out an 11-1 season. Generally, I would say this outcome would get ND into the playoffs; however, I think there are two situations where it would not: a terrible loss (the only one that I think that exists on our schedule that could be considered that bad to keep us out of the playoff is Ball State) or a late loss (far more conceivable).

Considering USC at the end of the year is treated as ND's de-facto "must-win" conference championship, I certainly don't think we could lose that one; however, what is the latest you think we could have our only loss and still get in: FSU? Northwestern? Virginia Tech? Or do you think it would need to be even earlier?

I know there are a lot of variables, but I think one thing that has become apparent with the playoff committee is that the loss generally needs to come earlier in the season if it is to be forgiven, especially without a true conference championship.

What do you guys think and what other thoughts do you guys have on a possible 11-1 season?

Reactions: RPMcMurphyyy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News