ADVERTISEMENT

All hands on Deck !!!

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
It will take all 85 scholarship players and all the walkons and all the coaches and a ROCKING LOUD HOME STADIUM !! (FANS) for the Irish to make the playoffs in 2017 !! We need TEAM LEADERS and devout followers !! Ask Tom Brady who won the game after all was lost down 3 to 28... He said it was the whole damn team not just a few !! I am going to be looking at how the 2017 TEAM gells as a unit not at individual stats !!! Same with the whole Coaching staff !! They better burn the midnight oil !! They better make sure no one misses workouts !!! They better develop ALL the players !! From the 4 and 5 stars to the walkons !! Everyone has to be ready to make a play !!! Go Irish !! Shock the World !!

Bodi, one thing that really caught me by surprise, was the level of dysfunction in our S&C program last season. We scored something like 28 points total in the 4th qtrs of our last eight games. The stories coming out about off limit weight lifting and lack of supervision in this and nutrition, and no accountability among players are mindboggling; and these probably contributed to our inability to protect a lead or overcome a one score deficit late in games. The lack of leadership among players on the field was apparent, so not surprising that this extended to off the field as there was widespread failure of holding each other to account. Longo was largely MIA presumably due to his disability, and none of the other coaches or Kelly stepped in and took control of this. The new S&C team is making a lot of changes, and the players seem to be buying in and the older ones are stepping up and trying to instill a culture of player accountability. As you say, Leaders need to emerge, and manufactured sideline excitement needs to be buried for good.

Two things shocked me last year: 1) the six players getting arrested in the shadow of the opening game at Texas, 2) my wife's comment about the ND players walking toward the stadium. In her words, "They walk like their crap doesn't stink. They look so arrogant, no wonder Texas won last weekend." Something just seemed off last year and it played out on the field. I personally think Kizer played with one foot at ND and the other foot in the NFL, and the rest of the team fed off it. Plus Kelly completely messed up the defense by keeping VanGorger. It turned into a complete disaster of Biblical proportions. 4-8 in year 7 at Notre Dame for goodness sake.

Bodi, one thing that really caught me by surprise, was the level of dysfunction in our S&C program last season. We scored something like 28 points total in the 4th qtrs of our last eight games. The stories coming out about off limit weight lifting and lack of supervision in this and nutrition, and no accountability among players are mindboggling; and these probably contributed to our inability to protect a lead or overcome a one score deficit late in games. The lack of leadership among players on the field was apparent, so not surprising that this extended to off the field as there was widespread failure of holding each other to account. Longo was largely MIA presumably due to his disability, and none of the other coaches or Kelly stepped in and took control of this. The new S&C team is making a lot of changes, and the players seem to be buying in and the older ones are stepping up and trying to instill a culture of player accountability. As you say, Leaders need to emerge, and manufactured sideline excitement needs to be buried for good.
This dude Bilas seems like a dude I would not mess with. Gives off the ex marine vibe. Maybe he can instill some toughness into these cats?

Reactions: Bodizephax
ceremony1.jpg

This one is for you Bodi. Navy BIG guns and Marines on deck.

Good luck with that rocking loud stadium you call for. I'm a huge ND fan and have been to many home games. That is one of the worst home field advantages I've ever seen. There have been numerous times when I was at a home game that I've been told to sit down because I was simply standing up and yelling to try and help ND's defense have some sort of a home field. Only time that place will get loud is in key situations. Now I also go to a bunch of Pats games and I don't I've sat during a home game in 5 years and up yelling my ass of when the d is on the field. In all honesty you can feel the Patriots players feeding off the crowd. Wish ND stadium was close to the same.

Reactions: Bodizephax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT