ADVERTISEMENT

All-Decade (2010-2019) Notre Dame Football Team

IrishFan1989

ND Fan
Aug 28, 2019
I had a few rules when doing this list. First is that a player had to have played at least two seasons in this decade (ex. Kyle Rudolph is not eligible based on the fact that he only played one season this decade) and that any player using the redshirt rule as a freshman in 2018 is also ineligible. I only considered playing time for the Irish (Alohi Gilman transferred in and is being counted as 2017-2019). I went with OL, DL, LB, and DB to give more options rather than restricting to specific linemen positions as an example.

Post has been updated due to Alohi Gilman declaring for the draft.

QB: Ian Book (2016-Present)
RB: Josh Adams (2015-2017)
RB: Dexter Williams (2015-2018)
WR: Michael Floyd (2008-2011)
WR: Will Fuller (2013-2015)
WR: Chase Claypool (2016-2019)
TE: Tyler Eifert (2009-2012)
OL: Ronnie Stanley (2012-2015)
OL: Quenton Nelson (2014-2017)
C: Nick Martin (2011-2015)
OL: Zack Martin (2009-2013)
OL: Mike McGlinchey (2013-2017)

DL: Stephon Tuitt (2011-2013)
DL: Julian Okwara (2016-2019)
DL: Sheldon Day (2012-2015)
DL: Khalid Kareem (2016-2019)
LB: Manti Te'o (2009-2012)
LB: Jaylon Smith (2013-2015)
LB: Te'von Coney (2015-2018)
LB: Drue Tranquill (2014-2018)
DB: Julian Love (2016-2018)
DB: Harrison Smith (2007-2011)
DB: Jalen Elliot (2016-2019)
DB: Alohi Gilman (2017-2019)

K: Justin Yoon (2015-2018)
P: Tyler Newsome (2014-2018)
RS: CJ Sanders (2015-2017)
AP: Theo Riddick (2009-2012)

Last edited:
What’s the deal with the rules? That’s dumb.

It was just to determine who was eligible. I felt that someone like Kyle Rudolph wasn't eligible since he only played one season this decade (and not even the entire season at that). The other thing was to give more options as I couldn't decide between Gilman and Elliot for the second safety spot and had trouble thinking of a second cornerback.

What’s the deal with the rules? That’s dumb.
Have a little bit more appreciation for people who put a lot of thought into a post and create good content for others to consume and talk about.

I have a bit of a pet peeve with people that will take a 500-word piece of content and then respond with one line or one phrase with a bad low effort post.

Thanks for the Post OP I do have some differences of opinion. I might put Bennett Jackson and or kavari Russell one or two of the DB spots. And I'd probably replace Coney with Bilal

Have a little bit more appreciation for people who put a lot of thought into a post and create good content for others to consume and talk about.

I have a bit of a pet peeve with people that will take a 500-word piece of content and then respond with one line or one phrase with a bad low effort post.

Thanks for the Post OP I do have some differences of opinion. I might put Bennett Jackson and or kavari Russell one or two of the DB spots. And I'd probably replace Coney with Bilal
I agree. Good post OP. I like your list, but wanted to know why the rules.

Would that team beat LSU?

The linebacker spot after Te'o, Smith and Tranquill was a hard one for me on determination. The DB's were interesting. Love and Smith were locks. I did consider Russell or Jackson as well, but ultimately went with the duo of Gilman and Elliott.

I agree. Good post OP. I like your list, but wanted to know why the rules.

Would that team beat LSU?

It was just to narrow things down ultimately. As for LSU, let's see what happens in the national championship first.

The linebacker spot after Te'o, Smith and Tranquill was a hard one for me on determination. The DB's were interesting. Love and Smith were locks. I did consider Russell or Jackson as well, but ultimately went with the duo of Gilman and Elliott.

It was just to narrow things down ultimately. As for LSU, let's see what happens in the national championship first.
Just curious what you thought. Personally I think that team would beat LSU by 30. That list has several elite NFL players.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
Great list. That O line is pretty nasty.

I would take Kizer as my QB though.

The O-Line was the easiest position group to determine. All five of them are starting in the NFL and had great careers with the Irish.

Just curious what you thought. Personally I think that team would beat LSU by 30. That list has several elite NFL players.

I just haven't given that part thought since the season isn't over for LSU. I know our 2018 team was said by Clemson to be their best opponent,

I had a few rules when doing this list. First is that a player had to have played at least two seasons in this decade (ex. Kyle Rudolph is not eligible based on the fact that he only played one season this decade) and that any player using the redshirt rule as a freshman in 2018 is also ineligible. I only considered playing time for the Irish (Alohi Gilman transferred in and is being counted as 2017-2019). I went with OL, DL, LB, and DB to give more options rather than restricting to specific linemen positions as an example.

Post has been updated due to Alohi Gilman declaring for the draft.

QB: Ian Book (2016-Present)
RB: Josh Adams (2015-2017)
RB: Dexter Williams (2015-2018)
WR: Michael Floyd (2008-2011)
WR: Will Fuller (2013-2015)
WR: Chase Claypool (2016-2019)
TE: Tyler Eifert (2009-2012)
OL: Ronnie Stanley (2012-2015)
OL: Quenton Nelson (2014-2017)
C: Nick Martin (2011-2015)
OL: Zack Martin (2009-2013)
OL: Mike McGlinchey (2013-2017)

DL: Stephon Tuitt (2011-2013)
DL: Julian Okwara (2016-2019)
DL: Sheldon Day (2012-2015)
DL: Khalid Kareem (2016-2019)
LB: Manti Te'o (2009-2012)
LB: Jaylon Smith (2013-2015)
LB: Te'von Coney (2015-2018)
LB: Drue Tranquill (2014-2018)
DB: Julian Love (2016-2018)
DB: Harrison Smith (2007-2011)
DB: Jalen Elliot (2016-2019)
DB: Alohi Gilman (2017-2019)

K: Justin Yoon (2015-2018)
P: Tyler Newsome (2014-2018)
RS: CJ Sanders (2015-2017)
AP: Theo Riddick (2009-2012)
Great post first of all.

My thoughts:

You have 3 safeties. 1 has to go and you need a corner. Id take Elliot out and put K Russell in.

Id put CJ Prosise in over Dexter

Great job

Not to hack the original post, but who would you replace if it was the past 2 decades? I’d for sure put Clausen/Quinn, Tate in.

Great post first of all.

My thoughts:

You have 3 safeties. 1 has to go and you need a corner. Id take Elliot out and put K Russell in.

Great job

I did DB so that was it wasn't limited to 2 CB, 2 S. Same with OL being the best 4 and the center. It was all to make less limits. The second RB was a tough call because I thought about Riddick for it, but did an AP spot since Riddick had a ton of receiving and return yards in addition to rushing yards.

Not to hack the original post, but who would you replace if it was the past 2 decades? I’d for sure put Clausen/Quinn, Tate in.

That would likely lead to creating three teams (like 1st, 2nd, 3rd team All-American). I know that Justin Tuck would be an absolute lock for the first team spot for instance. I don't know how much OL would change although Jeff Faine might have been the center.

Great post brother, puts into perspective just how much great talent we've brought to the program in just 10 years. This years decade team, regardless of who you pick, would hold their own against any other decade (based on talent).

Bilal over Coney? Strongly disagree. Bilal was damn good this year but coney was as a more impactful player in my opinion

No love for Tillery? Good post however and an interesting topic

My list would differ slightly, but overall we agree... I would place an emphasis on making it the most functionally playable team, just to mix it up.

QB: Deshone Kizer
RB: Theo Riddick
RB: Josh Adams
WR: Michael Floyd
WR: Will Fuller
WR: TJ Jones or Chase Claypool
TE: Tyler Eifert
OL: Ronnie Stanley
OL: Quenton Nelson
OL: Nick Martin
OL: Zack Martin
OL: Mike Mcglinchey

DE: Sheldon Day
DT: Jerry Tillery
NG : Louis Nix
DE: Stephon Tuitt
LB: Prince Shembo
LB: Manti Te'o
LB: Jaylon Smith
CB: Keivarae Russell
CB: Julian Love
FS: Harison Smith
SS: Alohi Gilman

QB- Kizer
RB- Adams
RB- Procise
WR- Floyd
WR- Fuller
WR- Claypool
TE - Eifert
OL - Stanley
OL - Nelson
OL - N. Martin
OL - Z. Martin
OL- Mcglinchey
DL- Tuitt
DL- Tillery
DL- Day
DL- Okwara
LB- Teo
LB- J.Smith
Lb- T. Coney
DB- Love
DB-K. Russel
DB- H. Smith
DB- A. Gillman

QB - Kizer
RB - Procise
RB - D Williams
RB - Riddick
WR - Floyd
WR - Fuller
WR - Claypool
TE - Eifert
OT - Stanley
OG - Nelson
C - Martin
OG - Martin
OT - McGlinchey
DE - J Okwara
DT - Day
DT - Tillery
DE - Tuitt
LB - J Smith
LB - Teo
LB - Tranquill
CB - Love
CB - Russell
CB - T Pride
S - H Smith
S - J Slaughter

K - Yoon
P - Newsome

Last edited:
Great post first of all.

My thoughts:

Great job
agree completely. definitely Prosise and Russell.

Good topic ... evokes memories of some good players we’ve had and also that we get some gems but not enough in a given year to fill a crown. Go Irish!

Reactions: GoldCountryND
Kizer was 12-11 as a starter. Book, a captain and team leader, is 20-3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT