ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama

The boosters illegally piping in cash for recruiting..could Nick win @ ND? I don’t think so.
Its not illegal anymore for boosters to pipe in cash via NIL

Where are NDs boosters at ?

I think Nick Saban's reputation would get the attention of top tier prospects if he came to ND, and the recruiting would IMMEDIATELY see a big bump. But he wouldn't come here unless ND brass could convince him that they are willing to SPEND MONEY on the same level as the top teams in the country.

Money on coaching, on talent, on NIL, in transfer portal, etc.

I think Nick Saban's reputation would get the attention of top tier prospects if he came to ND, and the recruiting would IMMEDIATELY see a big bump. But he wouldn't come here unless ND brass could convince him that they are willing to do what it takes from a monetary standpoint to close the gap with the top teams in the country.
They've put a ton of money into the program.

Where have you been? Are you kidding me. They spent a fortune this offseason

They've put a ton of money into the program.

Where have you been? Are you kidding me. They spent a fortune this offseason
on a couple of coordinators man ..

the HC at ND is an internal promotion with no track record (cheap)

NIL dollars went to mid-talent in the transfer portal on 1 year stop gaps (cheap)

Georgia, OSU, Alabama, Texas, LSU, and Oregon have recruiting departments staffed/funded to the same degree of entire P4 football operation budgets right now. WHERE IS ND AT?

i dont understand why i have to keep making this point over and over and over and over again

ITS THE RECRUITING/TALENT AT NOTRE DAME THAT IS NOT EVEN PLAYING IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW.

THE TALENT IS SUBPAR. LOOK AT THE TEAM TALENT COMPOSITE. LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF 5-STAR AND HIGH 4-STAR TALENT BEING MONOPOLIZED BY THE MODERN AND HISTORIC POWERS AT NDs EXPENSE OVER THE LAST 15+ YEARS.

LOOK AT THE 2025 RECRUITING CLASSES ONLY ENSURING THE PROBLEM CONTINUES AT LEAST ANOTHER YEAR INTO THE FUTURE.

THE TALENT IS ALMOST EVERYTHING. ND HAS GOT TO CLOSE THE GAP WITH THE TEAMS HOARDING ALL OF THE BEST PROSPECTS IN THE COUNTRY.

this is not rocket science. i dont understand why im the only human being on planet earth that can see this. THE DATA IS CLEAR AS DAY ...

on a couple of coordinators man ..

the HC at ND is an internal promotion with no track record (cheap)

NIL dollars went to mid-talent in the transfer portal on 1 year stop gaps (cheap)

i dont understand why i have to keep making this point over and over and over and over again

ITS THE RECRUITING/TALENT AT NOTRE DAME THAT IS NOT EVEN PLAYING IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW.

THE TALENT IS SUBPAR. LOOK AT THE TEAM TALENT COMPOSITE. LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF 5-STAR AND HIGH 4-STAR TALENT BEING MONOPOLIZED BY THE MODERN AND HISTORIC POWERS AT NDs EXPENSE OVER THE LAST 15+ YEARS.

LOOK AT THE 2025 RECRUITING CLASSES ONLY ENSURING THE PROBLEM CONTINUES AT LEAST ANOTHER YEAR INTO THE FUTURE.

THE TALENT IS ALMOST EVERYTHING. ND HAS GOT TO CLOSE THE GAP WITH THE TEAMS HOARDING ALL OF THE BEST PROSPECTS IN THE COUNTRY.

this is not rocket science. i dont understand why im the only human being on planet earth that can see this. THE DATA IS CLEAR AS DAY ...
We put a ton of money into both coordinators this offseason. Maybe the most expensive combo in the country. $

They gave Mike Mickens a big raise. One of the best defensive back coaches in the country.$

They paid a ton for Riley Leonard and put money into a solid transfer haul. $

They got their recruiting coordinator to stay after Michigan wanted him and offered him a lot of cash. $$$

They landed a top 10 recruiting class last year ($$) and currently have a top 10 class this year ($$)

They got Cross Watts Mills to return when they could have went to the draft. $

They are paying Landow a boatload of money. $

They are spending a ton of money. Way more than you are giving them credit for

I think Nick Saban's reputation would get the attention of top tier prospects if he came to ND, and the recruiting would IMMEDIATELY see a big bump. But he wouldn't come here unless ND brass could convince him that they are willing to SPEND MONEY on the same level as the top teams in the country.

Money on coaching, on talent, on NIL, in transfer portal, etc.
It's not about NIL. It's about the top tier recruits not wanting to go to class, and take real classes. ND is not going to compromise on that. You ignore this FACT because it doesn't fit your narrative, thus making you a troll.

It's not about NIL. It's about the top tier recruits not wanting to go to class, and take real classes. ND is not going to compromise on that.
I would have a lot more respect for this excuse if the university didn't go around parading this point every time someone shows them the evidence of how far behind they are vs the top teams in the country.

in other words, its a REALLY convenient excuse

Last edited:
We put a ton of money into both coordinators this offseason. Maybe the most expensive combo in the country. $

They gave Mike Mickens a big raise. One of the best defensive back coaches in the country.$

They paid a ton for Riley Leonard and put money into a solid transfer haul. $

They got their recruiting coordinator to stay after Michigan wanted him and offered him a lot of cash. $$$

They landed a top 10 recruiting class last year ($$) and currently have a top 10 class this year ($$)

They got Cross Watts Mills to return when they could have went to the draft. $

They are paying Landow a boatload of money. $

They are spending a ton of money. Way more than you are giving them credit for
They are just playing catch up ..

if ND has $50M to spend on their football program, $50M should go to a head coach with a proven track record of recruiting above his program's baseline (a tenured head coach with a championship track record), a recruiting department AT LEAST on par of Georgia, OSU, Alabama, and Texas (in terms of raw headcount/bodies employed full time to recruit), including LARGE BUDGET for perks that attract/seduce the top prospects in the country on their visits (fancy meals, fancy hotel accommodations, etc.), and tons of money into inhouse NIL support that STRICTLY goes to the very best/top recruits out of HS.

THIS IS WHAT IS MISSING.

You spend big on coordinators that will ATTRACT top talent .. not a bunch of guys that just double down on the status quo like an Al Golden (who doesn't recruit) or a Mike Denbrock (who also doesn't recruit) and you dont extend recruiting coordinators/general managers that are getting beat by other institutions in their ability to attract top recruits.

So my issue is incompetence in leadership at ND at the highest level as well as just being cheap

Last edited:
The funny thing is, ive been saying the same shit now for at least a decade. The problems are easy to read from years in advance. And im using shitty public available tools to project/prognosticate the performance of the football program. And I feel like i have my finger on the pulse better than the people making a lot more money than I do that ND employs full time in their operations office right now.

i know that sounds arrogant AF but its the truth.

They are just playing catch up ..

if ND has $50M to spend on their football program, $50M should go to a head coach with a proven track record of recruiting above his program's baseline (a tenured head coach with a championship track record), a recruiting department AT LEAST on par of Georgia, OSU, Alabama, and Texas (in terms of raw headcount/bodies employed full time to recruit), including LARGE BUDGET for perks that attract/seduce the top prospects in the country on their visits (fancy meals, fancy hotel accommodations, etc.), and tons of money into inhouse NIL support that STRICTLY goes to the very best/top recruits out of HS.

THIS IS WHAT IS MISSING.

You spend big on coordinators that will ATTRACT top talent .. not a bunch of guys that just double down on the status quo like an Al Golden (who doesn't recruit) or a Mike Denbrock (who also doesn't recruit) and you dont extend recruiting coordinators/general managers that are getting beat by other institutions in their ability to attract top recruits.

So my issue is incompetence in leadership at ND at the highest level as well as just being cheap
You're so lost it's funny

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT