ADVERTISEMENT

8 team format infinitely more interesting

kellys heroes 35

Rockne's Water Boy
Oct 23, 2015
Not having ND's offense - urban meyer's OSU squad and McCaffrey in the playoffs detracts from the value of this years playoffs . Match ups would have been intriguing to say the least .

BTW who was the only team in Top 8 with a 3rd string fr qb and fourth string fr RB in the starting lineup and that team has the most interesting offense of the bunch . Kudos BK !! Coach of the Year ?? Who had a tougher situation with better results ? Kudos BK !!

The eight team format would have worked better this year than most. Really no super dominant team and several beyond the top four deserving of a shot.

Not having ND's offense - urban meyer's OSU squad and McCaffrey in the playoffs detracts from the value of this years playoffs . Match ups would have been intriguing to say the least .

BTW who was the only team in Top 8 with a 3rd string fr qb and fourth string fr RB in the starting lineup and that team has the most interesting offense of the bunch . Kudos BK !! Coach of the Year ?? Who had a tougher situation with better results ? Kudos BK !!

More playoff teams the less than he regular season means

Poet, I may agree if it was 16 or some larger number, but right now OSU, Stanford, ND and MSU can play with any of the top four teams and then there is a drop off. The excitement level would only grow by increasing the number.

Poet, I may agree if it was 16 or some larger number, but right now OSU, Stanford, ND and MSU can play with any of the top four teams and then there is a drop off. The excitement level would only grow by increasing the number.
They had 11 to 12 games to prove it

thats also what was said about the 4 team playoff. It will happen sooner than later. too much money on the table.

More money makes it better how?

Soon player s will get paid and High school football will be the last prue form of the game.

Welcome to the end of what many ofvus love.

More money makes it better how?

Soon player s will get paid and High school football will be the last prue form of the game.

Welcome to the end of what many ofvus love.
I didnt say it would make it better.
The end that most of us love disappeared with the BCS. I miss watching 4-6 GOOD games on New Years Day

Woo hoo! What, now we have to wait 4 weeks for meaningful college football games. Wouldnt it be nice if an 8 team playoff started in two weeks?

Last edited:
Reactions: TimTerrific
Ridiculous post. Why even bring this up? The four team system is under contract for practically another decade. It's not going away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT