ADVERTISEMENT

+77 point differential through 4 games

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
with only loss coming to the #7 team in the country that just dominated a good looking Miss. St. team.

This might be the best work BK has done through the first 4 games of a season during his entire ND tenure.

I'm really liking NDs outlook ... a lot of the more granular stats indicate some serious upside this year.

with only loss coming to the #7 team in the country that just dominated a good looking Miss. St. team.

This might be the best work BK has done through the first 4 games of a season during his entire ND tenure.

I'm really liking NDs outlook ... a lot of the more granular stats indicate some serious upside this year.

It's looking better as the season goes on.

Elko is teaching the Irish defensive players that it is alright to steal. Another stat that has been improving. Turnovers--more for the defense and less for the offense.

Elko is teaching the Irish defensive players that it is alright to steal. Another stat that has been improving. Turnovers--more for the defense and less for the offense.
If things keep improving at this rate the Irish might want to lock him down, unless his contract has certain conditions regardless he is making a huge impact

Reactions: Bodizephax
If things keep improving at this rate the Irish might want to lock him down, unless his contract has certain conditions regardless he is making a huge impact

Agreed. I like Long too. Now if we can coax Frank Beamer out of retirement to coach special teams we would really be onto something..

Reactions: deadirishpoet
This team is a joy to watch and follow. I still think the men of Troy will be ND's most dangerous opponent.

Also - interesting stat.....first time since 1946(??) that the Irish have held opponents to 20 points or fewer through the first four games.

The defense is playing pretty damn good football.

It will be nice to get out of September with only one loss. So many of our seasons have died in September.

If we can catch some breaks, this could be a magical season. The once deadly schedule, isn't looking all that bad anymore.

These teams are still good, but USC is having troubles. Stanford is inconsistent. Miami got more than they bargained for in Toledo.

We are getting to the top of the hump. Time we got over it.

I like the fact that we are 3-1 with a good chance to be 5-1 while still growing offensively and defensively.

We knew before the season started that it was unlikely that we would be executing well until after mid season because of new offensive and defensive coordinators. I see room for improvement on both sides of the ball but they certainly have shown a good foundation to build from.

Can't take Miami of Ohio for granted. Still, we should be 4-1 after this weekend with a 3 game winning streak before we travel to play an injured NC team. Hopefully, BW breaks 200 yds passing with a high completion percentage. We really need to see that. We are vulnerable to good teams if we can't pass better.

Also - interesting stat.....first time since 1946(??) that the Irish have held opponents to 20 points or fewer through the first four games.

The defense is playing pretty damn good football.

In 2012 didn't give up 20 points until the 9th game against Pitt. And that was the only time in the reg season the Irish gave up 20 points or more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT