Posts Like A Champion
Nov 27, 2011
We have 4 realistic 1st round guys:

Morrison
Cross
Watts
Evans

This team is loaded with talent.

Is Xaiver Watts 1st round material? If so, why didn't he just go this season, he's been here four years. And just won the national defensive player of the year award. Maybe that's because NIL is working. And they make so much from NIL, or enough at least, that they'd just rather stay in college, which is totally what you want to see. It's a win win for everybody, fans, players, coaches.

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
Is Xaiver Watts 1st round material? If so, why didn't he just go this season, he's been here four years. And just won the national defensive player of the year award. Maybe that's because NIL is working. And they make so much from NIL, or enough at least, that they'd just rather stay in college, which is totally what you want to see. It's a win win for everybody, fans, players, coaches.
Think he would have been 2nd-3rd this year. If he can duplicate last year in some form, will be a first rounder

NO NO NO NO NO, The NIL is destroying college football as we know it. The only win win is for players PERIOD

Reactions: NIN Irish
Think he would have been 2nd-3rd this year. If he can duplicate last year in some form, will be a first rounder
Right, exactly. And because he can still make good money, he stays. And try to improve his draft standing, and just become a better, more mature player regardless, before hitting the NFL ranks which are pretty remorseless, and it behooves one to be as ready as you can be when you get there. And the players deserve to be paid in any event, that goes without saying. So it truly is a win win win....

Right, exactly. And because he can still make good money, he stays. And try to improve his draft standing, and just become a better, more mature player regardless, before hitting the NFL ranks which are pretty remorseless, and it behooves one to be as ready as you can be when you get there. And the players deserve to be paid in any event, that goes without saying. So it truly is a win win win....
Blake Fisher thought otherwise.

Three seasons. Done. Round 2.

And good for him.

Cross and Evan’s are not first round material.
Evans for sure is if healthy. Cross is undersized but plays much bigger. Late 1st,early 2nd seems about right in my opinion. The draft is squirrely. Need in many instances goes before better talent.

I feel like Morrison is the only first round talent and that might not happen either depending on his shoulder injury.

Watts is very interesting to me. Normally I’d say that if you’re sure you’ll make the NFL active roster, and you have an ND degree, you should go because tomorrow isn’t guaranteed. Perhaps Watts isn’t sure he’d make the active roster (seems surprising) or maybe he wants to finish a Masters Degree for free, try to improve, and try to win a championship.

I believe the first safeties in the last two drafts were taken in the middle of the second.

I think it's safe to say Ben Morrison is legit 1st round material, and the rest are probably draftable, with Watts being one more to watch given his profile in college and what a great season he had a year ago. And we'll leave it at that....

NO NO NO NO NO, The NIL is destroying college football as we know it. The only win win is for players PERIOD
Pros and cons exist. Without a doubt modifications need to happen within the current structure. I do think NIL can benefit the player and school though.

Morrison if healthy is a first rounder. Evans if healthy is borderline. Watts can put himself on the borderline territory with another all American year. Cross I see as too undersized to be a first round pick.

Reactions: Telx1
Morrison round 1. Watts will go in the first 3 rounds if he has half the season he did this year. I think he’s still green at the position, both he and scouts knew this. Mitchell is round 2-4, not the explosive, receiver type TE NFL is looking for in round 1 (Mayer didn’t go in round 1). Cross round 2/3 with size limiting round 1 potential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT