ADVERTISEMENT

2024 and beyond.

NDblitz

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Dec 15, 2021
12 team playoff is actually going to make winning a title much more difficult.

Moving forward what will be considered satisfying season for ND

10 plus wins win a first round game?
National title or bust?
Somewhere in the middle?

National title or bust?
Somewhere in the middle?
Personally, I think we should compete in the 12 team playoff every year; win our first round game; be competitive in every playoff game played; win a National Championship at least once every ten years.…my idea of ND success.

At this point, a NC is so far out of reach for this team that I'd just like to see them make the playoffs and actually win a game.

Unless I'm missing something, ND hasn't beaten a Top 15 team in December or January since January 1st 1994. THIRTY YEARS. How about we take some baby steps first.

It starts with the new AD. We will see if he is willing to change the portal restrictions or not. If a transfer has a 3.0 grade average and has the core requirements what is so wrong with that.
If he is not than nobody will have to worry about MF being fired being he will leave on his own terms

It starts with the new AD. We will see if he is willing to change the portal restrictions or not. If a transfer has a 3.0 grade average and has the core requirements what is so wrong with that.
If he is not than nobody will have to worry about MF being fired being he will leave on his own terms
Undergrad transfers aren’t going to happen. It’s a waste of time to ask about it.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish

National title or bust?
Somewhere in the middle?
Just beat Wake Forest.

Reactions: Kelso86
Remember that's it's really an 11 team Playoff as 1 Non Power 5 school will be a part of it.

Taking undergraduate transfers is not under the control of the AD or the athletic department. And that's not gonna change, nor should it

Reactions: Kelso86
Just beat Wake Forest.
This guy... acts like we are all playing on Saturday or somehow looking at the future is going to impact how the team plays. FYI it's a bye week if you haven't heard there Captain Contrarian. LOL!

First and foremost our goal needs to be making the playoff and seeing how that looks for ND once conference realignment is complete.

If our program can get back to the level when Kelly was here (consistently beating the opponents we should) then our goal will be competing for the national title.

Currently, I’m worried that Freeman isn’t building the staff to contend at that level. Our O Line, WR’s, and QB play is average at best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT