ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting Update

Are you living in a basement where only ND exists or something?

ND is a 15 point underdog to Georgia in 2019, they were a 13 point underdog to Clemson last season, and a 15 point underdog to OSU back in 2015. They haven't been favored or even within single digits according to vegas against a big time football program since the early 90s back when Notre Dame could actually recruit from the top of the athletic food chain.

ND would be big underdogs (low chance to compete let alone win) vs Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, OSU, OU, & LSU. They would be underdogs vs Florida, Auburn, and Michigan.

As an ND fan I wish I was as delusional as some of the posters on this site. Whatever you are drinking/smoking please pass it my way.
Lol. Pure nonsense

ND is a 15 point underdog to Georgia in 2019, they were a 13 point underdog to Clemson last season, and a 15 point underdog to OSU back in 2015. They haven't been favored or even within single digits according to vegas against a big time football program since the early 90s back when Notre Dame could actually recruit from the top of the athletic food chain.

ND would be big underdogs (low chance to compete let alone win) vs Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, OSU, OU, & LSU. They would be underdogs vs Florida, Auburn, and Michigan.

As an ND fan I wish I was as delusional as some of the posters on this site. Whatever you are drinking/smoking please pass it my way.

Oklahoma & LSU??

Who cares about a Vegas line. It's irrelevant to on-field results.

The reality is that ND has recently beaten Oklahoma, LSU, Michigan and gone toe-to-toe with both Clemson and Georgia.

So you're whole post is irrelevant and based on a flawed premise.

There are only 2 teams that are clearly better than ND currently:
Clemson
Alabama

Oklahoma & LSU??

LSU was much better than their record indicated last year (they beat some really good programs and lost some close games against some really good programs). They are returning a lot of good players and have been killing it on the recruiting trail since Orgeron was hired. They have a ton of upside.

LSU was really good last year (they beat some really good programs and lost some close games against good programs). They are returning a lot of good players and are killing it on the recruiting trail. They have a ton of upside this season.

Maybe vegas wouldn't have them as 15 point underdogs to LSU, but I think LSU will be an elite team this year.

And yet ND beat them the last 2x we played.....and very could again in 2019
(if we faced them in a bowl)

By the way, we are 9.5 point underdogs to Georgia. Not the 15 you said. And its irrelevant

It was higher earlier in the off-season. My guess by the third week of the season the spread will be closer to 15 than 10.

It was higher earlier in the off-season. My guess by the third week of the season the spread will be closer to 15 than 10.

So now not only do on-field results not matter......but you get to makeup random Vegas lines too.

Is there anything about football that you actually understand?

Or do you just makeup literally everything you post??

Wrong.

You continue to evidence your lack of understanding.

You can’t deal with the FACT that recruiting rankings are woefully incomplete and are created by literally the WORST people in the industry, who make a tiny fraction of what the actual talents in the industry make. Not to mention the obvious biases.

Your inability to intelligently discuss the topic and acknowledge the innumerable shortfalls of online recruit rankings only further evidences your lack of knowledge.

And the little temper tantrum you there when thoroughly beaten (above) just shows how pathetic you are.

No facts, no understanding, and operating only on emotions.

No wonder you’re a lib.

Coming back under a new name doesn't change the reasons you were banned before. Attack others, name call, you'll be banned. This account and your other new account, both will be banned. Grow up, treat people with respect.

/QUOTE]Michigan and LSU aren't helping your argument as Notre Dame is a combined 4-0 against them the last few years. I doubt Florida or Auburn would be favored by much if at all against Notre Dame on a neutral field.

I'm all for "the recruiting rankings are all that matter" argument but let's not just make stuff up.

Coming back under a new name doesn't change the reasons you were banned before. Attack others, name call, you'll be banned. This account and your other new account, both will be banned. Grow up, treat people with respect.

I’ve already shown him more respect that he’s shown me.

As I said before, consistency is key.

Reactions: UtahDomer
Difference. He's not a paying customer. You are. But as I said before, this isn't a debate. Act right or you won't be posting.

So your current logic is “by paying for my site, you actually get less value/options than by using it for free”???

Hmmm....

giphy.gif

Reactions: UtahDomer
Anyone got any info on the new CB commit?

I've watched his film. Good size and above average length. Very average in the speed department. Quality defender who could play BC, Nickel or FS... Developmental guy that the coaches evaluated and liked.

Average offer list. Unfortunately the big boys weren't interested but ND really needed a DB commitment to get this class started. Nothing wrong with the take. Hopefully he's a diamond in the rough.

Anyone got any info on the new CB commit?

Long (6'1", long arms), appears to have good long speed but takes a bit of time to get up to speed, big hitter imo........and very raw.

You don't see much of it on his film, but he had a really good shuttle time at The Opening last year.

Reminds me a little bit of Donte Vaughn as a prospect.

Reactions: napy2121
I've watched his film. Good size and above average length. Very average in the speed department. Quality defender who could play BC, Nickel or FS... Developmental guy that the coaches evaluated and liked.

Average offer list. Unfortunately the big boys weren't interested but ND really needed a DB commitment to get this class started. Nothing wrong with the take. Hopefully he's a diamond in the rough.
Lou Holtz said about recruiting, and at that time Willinghams recruiting, or lack there of, "you can find a diamond in the rough from time to time, but you won't make a living on it"!

I like his offer list with va tech I think bud foster knows defensive talent. Not a powerhouse list of offers for sure but some good defensive coaches offering.

I agree. Fans are fat and happy with 12-0 and getting embarrassed once again because “Bama did too!”

Grow up, this is Notre Dame, your standards should ALWAYS be high. You should ALWAYS demand improvement. You should always want respect, and you don’t get respect by getting manhandled every time you play elite southern talent.

I agree. Fans are fat and happy with 12-0 and getting embarrassed once again because “Bama did too!”

Grow up, this is Notre Dame, your standards should ALWAYS be high. You should ALWAYS demand improvement. You should always want respect, and you don’t get respect by getting manhandled every time you play elite southern talent.

Grow up?
Really? You do realize that the fans don’t play or coach, right?
You keep demanding things as if you feel you are somehow in any way responsible for what happens?
I can promise you the ND staff & players are trying to win championships.

Grow up?
Really? You do realize that the fans don’t play or coach, right?
You keep demanding things as if you feel you are somehow in any way responsible for what happens?
I can promise you the ND staff & players are trying to win championships.
How am I insinuating I’m responsible in any way for what happens on that field? There’s about 200 people in the world from the roster, the staff, recruiting team, athletic department team, in the whole world that are responsible for what happens to a team.

I’m just tired of seeing the blowback people get from demanding more and not being satisfied. No Alabama fans are satisfied with last season. Notre Dame fans should never be satisfied. Yes, im proud of 12-0 and I realize all the hard work put in and I know I just sit back and watch it happen and put in 0 effort, but as a fan I am not satisfied.

That’s what all fans do, they “demand” things and no they are no responsible for anything. Then what’s the point of even being a fan if you can’t want more from your team but still love and appreciate what they do?

By the way, we are 9.5 point underdogs to Georgia. Not the 15 you said. And its irrelevant
Wouldn’t say it’s irrelevant at all. They are an elite southern team, you know the recent history with that.

How am I insinuating I’m responsible in any way for what happens on that field? There’s about 200 people in the world from the roster, the staff, recruiting team, athletic department team, in the whole world that are responsible for what happens to a team.

I’m just tired of seeing the blowback people get from demanding more and not being satisfied. No Alabama fans are satisfied with last season. Notre Dame fans should never be satisfied. Yes, im proud of 12-0 and I realize all the hard work put in and I know I just sit back and watch it happen and put in 0 effort, but as a fan I am not satisfied.

That’s what all fans do, they “demand” things and no they are no responsible for anything. Then what’s the point of even being a fan if you can’t want more from your team but still love and appreciate what they do?

We can now add you to the " I'll never be happy group " .

if you're not satisfied then you have two choices, stay or go. staying is great but the ad nauseum moaning by some gets really old. a new season is right around the corner and it looks like it could be another great one. will they win a national championship ? doubtful. will they make the playoff ? i think they have a damn good shot at it. we shall see.

Reactions: jcswoopnh

demanding more from whom ? you insinuate they aren't doing their very best. what have you done to "deserve" more ?

Reactions: Riverside Irish

Sometimes you take guys because you just think they're football players.

You can't take a class of 20 of them but a roster is made up of many different types.

Hope they take the WR from Massachusetts too.

demanding more from whom ? you insinuate they aren't doing their very best. what have you done to "deserve" more ?
You don’t think there’s any areas in the program where they can’t improve? You should always be looking to improve.

And what has any fan done to deserve anything from the program?

You don’t think there’s any areas in the program where they can’t improve? You should always be looking to improve.

And what has any fan done to deserve anything from the program?
of course and every single program is trying everyday from clemson to kent st. you're acting like Kelly and company are not.

ND picked up another 2021 commitment today from 4 Star DT Gabriel Rubio. His dad played in the NFL so kid has great lineage.
Kid already had offers from Ohio State, Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU, Texas A&M, Nebraska, and many more.

Really good player. When he learns how to use his hands he's going to be a load. Love his size on the interior as well.

Mike Elston doing Mike Elston things.

Fisher is on campus today as well as other OL/DL from the 2021 class.
Hopefully ND can secure his commitment soon too.

Fisher is on campus today as well as other OL/DL from the 2021 class.
Hopefully ND can secure his commitment soon too.
glad we got Rubio and hope we get Fisher but what do you think our chances are with the two stud DL guys from Michigan that everybody wants and plus aren't they on campus for the oline and dline camp. I've heard it may be a irish and wolverine battle for them but just wanted to know what you thought

glad we got Rubio and hope we get Fisher but what do you think our chances are with the two stud DL guys from Michigan that everybody wants and plus aren't they on campus for the oline and dline camp. I've heard it may be a irish and wolverine battle for them but just wanted to know what you thought

I don’t think they are as good as Fisher, Brockermeyer or Tengwall. Those are the three everybody (including Bama, Clemson, OSU etc...) want.
ND was the early leader, but I actually don’t think they are pushing very hard for them like Michigan is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT