ADVERTISEMENT

Agreed. That's the worst part. ND will be improved next year, I'm convinced of that, but it will just be a holdover year and I don't see any way that helps the program. Recruiting this year is going to finish average and that will be the case next year as well with a lame duck head coach at the helm.

Exactly. But, what the homers and Swarbrick will do is praise a supposed turnaround after a season like that.

Agreed. 8-4 is not a turnaround after a season in which you should be at least 9-3...It's actually from what the expectation should be, in back-to-back years.

If ND administration truly cares about making ND football an elite program, they will fire Kelly. There is no reason for optimism or hope anymore that ND will get better and win a major bowl/NC under Kelly. He peaked in the third year and is crashing in his seventh. I know this won't happen, but if Kelly truly cares about what's best for ND and this team, he'll resign and give recommendations to Swarbrick on who to hire and how to make the program better.

Reactions: Bodizephax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT