ADVERTISEMENT

What many in the Media are missing about Notre Dame

I would invite you go back and read my posts. From the start and many times, I mentioned it could not be recognized as the NCAA championship.
Fair enough but what you are staying about the BIG10 and SEC having a championship game is a pipe dream right now. They couldn't even agree on playoff expansion earlier this year.
BIG 10 wants automatic qualifiers for conference champions, SEC does not. Maybe now that they made their move to bring in USC and UCLA they will change their mind, but I doubt it.

Fair enough but what you are staying about the BIG10 and SEC having a championship game is a pipe dream right now. They couldn't even agree on playoff expansion earlier this year.
BIG 10 wants automatic qualifiers for conference champions, SEC does not. Maybe now that they made their move to bring in USC and UCLA they will change their mind, but I doubt it.
Once again please reread my posts. I never said they would have a championship game, that was rrdd2021. I responded to your claim that teams would have to leave the NCAA to have such a game. For a person who calls others tools and criticizes their reading comprehension, you make a lot of errors.

Yeah, schools, many of whom don't even have football teams or have teams with little value, are going to dilute the value of their primarily source of sports revenue. And, of course, the TV people will be fine with excluding teams from the biggest markets in America. You think anyone is really going to consider the winner the best team in America when the BIG and SEC are left out? When UCLA is left out?

Come on guys, ND is protected because it is part of the very fabric of college football, because it has devoted fans who travel, because it has great viewership. That is the reason that every league does and will want them. That is why USC, although you have been kicking our butts lately, tried everything it could to convince ND to join the BIG.

You should rely on this, not silly made-up revenge fantasies and meritless lawsuits.
My post was a bit short. It was more a point about the relationship between the NCAA (which would maintain control of March Madness) and the BIG/SEC conglomerate. The thinking now is only about football and few (if any) are considering the unintended consequences on other college sports. To answer your question, the best teams in college basketball are just as often (or better) from outside the BIG/SEC than in (Gonzaga, Baylor, North Carolina, Duke, Stanford, UConn, Kansas etc, as recent examples)

Yeah, schools, many of whom don't even have football teams or have teams with little value, are going to dilute the value of their primarily source of sports revenue. And, of course, the TV people will be fine with excluding teams from the biggest markets in America. You think anyone is really going to consider the winner the best team in America when the BIG and SEC are left out? When UCLA is left out?

Come on guys, ND is protected because it is part of the very fabric of college football, because it has devoted fans who travel, because it has great viewership. That is the reason that every league does and will want them. That is why USC, although you have been kicking our butts lately, tried everything it could to convince ND to join the BIG.

You should rely on this, not silly made-up revenge fantasies and meritless lawsuits.
Are you saying whoever is SC AD went to Jack Swarbrick long before the move to the BUG was leaked?

I don't care at all what ND does but after reading all this is pretty obvious that ND fans are terrified of having to actually play a real schedule and not gimmick its way into the playoffs.
WTF are you talking about?

While Brian Kelly had some daisies on his schedule over the years I was most proud of the Holtz era where he wanted to and did play the best. Some of those schedules were absurdly tough and would've had Brian Kelly dismissed many years prior to his quitting.

Hell he only won one god damn top 5 game in his career....
@ home in a weird Covid year with the opposition sitting it's all world QB.

That's pretty pathetic for a coach @ ND with a tenure of a decade plus.

It has nothing to do with playing a tougher schedule. Christ a move to the Big10 will mean a 2-3 game schedule annually so where's this tough schedule? Oh you mean playing filler games against the Citadel and other D1AA teams?

No thanks.

I think most people like myself want ND to stay independent.

Why?

Because we ****ing can!!!

Notre Dame has no leverage. They can survive (for now) being an independent but I think that's getting increasingly harder. I fully expect them to decline this new attempt from the Big 10 and I'm sure Notre Dame will continue to do what they do. But at some point their hand is going to be forced. Rutgers and Illinois and in state schools Indiana and Purdue are about to be making 3x what Notre Dame makes in tv revenue. At some point there will be a squeeze.

And laugh out loud at ND threatening to join the SEC.
and that is the least of it; there are other non football factors that may come into play.

I'm not into you homie. I know you're into dudes but you need to relax with me. I dont go that way
Stop being homophobic, bro. It's a bad look. It's really embarrassing for you and the board in general. Grow up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT