ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer

We should know something within the next fourteen days. I don't expect a bright sunny day of truth on that day. I expect truth and justice will be the victim of convenience and indifference once again. I hope that I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Ohio State announces Urban Meyer investigation will be completed “within 14 days. Ohio State is committed to a thorough & complete investigation. We look forward to sharing the results of this investigation & any action the university may take.”--Brett McMurphy

They've pre-determined the end time for their investigation?? That tells me that they have pre-determined the verdict

They've pre-determined the end time for their investigation?? That tells me that they have pre-determined the verdict
I think 14 days is reasonable. It is a pretty straight forward investigation. Determine did UM know, if so did he report to anyone? If UM reported to a title IX contact he is off the hook. If he did not than the board has to determine what is the consequence of violating the terms of the contract.

I think the bigger question is not the verdict of guilty but what is the judgment. UM could be completely guilty in the worse case and they just don't care.

My personal opinion is that UM most likely did know and did not report. Does it matter to OSU?

I think 14 days is reasonable. It is a pretty straight forward investigation. Determine did UM know, if so did he report to anyone? If UM reported to a title IX contact he is off the hook. If he did not than the board has to determine what is the consequence of violating the terms of the contract.

I think the bigger question is not the verdict of guilty but what is the judgment. UM could be completely guilty in the worse case and they just don't care.

My personal opinion is that UM most likely did know and did not report. Does it matter to OSU?

Most of the CFB community is watching this. It would be rather odd to put a clause into UM's contract for situations just like this, only to decide not to utilize that clause.

14 days sounds like a safe cushion to let a story fade out of the news cycle.

nah, this one is just getting started. The blogger is a dupe. Follow the information back and like Watergate, follow the $.

There is no money to follow. The Smiths have been divorced for going on 2 years and the incident happened 3 years ago. If anything, Courtney Smith lost money by her husband getting fired from his well paying job. Her child support is about to go way down.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
There is no money to follow. The Smiths have been divorced for going on 2 years and the incident happened 3 years ago. If anything, Courtney Smith lost money by her husband getting fired from his well paying job. Her child support is about to go way down.

And, that was the reason that she never went to tOSU with her domestic complaint.

Oh, read the Lawyers last sentence.

Do you think that blogger, with limited research and weak accuracy just came up with those questions w/o some sort of prompting. There is a strategy going on here. Like you said, hubby ain’t worth the trouble anymore.

And, in none of the police a tions was there a call because of actual physical abuse that prompted the call. She always alleged it was part of the ongoing issue but not the reason for the call.

This has a lot of grey to it.

nah, this one is just getting started. The blogger is a dupe. Follow the information back and like Watergate, follow the $.

Follow the $$$ of Ohio State not wanting it to come out that they kept a wife beater on the staff since 2015.

Follow the $$$ of Ohio State not wanting it to come out that they kept a wife beater on the staff since 2015.

And at her encouragement. And, I bet you never read any police report or other documents.
Do you really believe there is no end game going on here?
Are you that naive?

There is a strategy. The political and social climate of the day is being used to advantage.
Ihave never liked nor admired UM, but I see amanipulation of justice here and it is becoming all to commonplace. Each time it succeeds it encourages the next one.

Last edited:
He ADMITTED to strangling her. He doesn't even contest that text. Only a weak ass "I don't recall writing that".

Zach Smith is scum. Meyer knew that in 2009. He knew that when he hired him again at Ohio State. And he knew that when he kept things quiet in 2015. If Meyer and Ohio State thought Smith had not abused his wife, he would STILL be on the team. Coaches don't get fired over something as minor as a trespassing charge.

Reactions: Pennick4
And, that was the reason that she never went to tOSU with her domestic complaint.

Oh, read the Lawyers last sentence.

Do you think that blogger, with limited research and weak accuracy just came up with those questions w/o some sort of prompting. There is a strategy going on here. Like you said, hubby ain’t worth the trouble anymore.

And, in none of the police a tions was there a call because of actual physical abuse that prompted the call. She always alleged it was part of the ongoing issue but not the reason for the call.

This has a lot of grey to it.

Most people would not go to their spouse's employer to complain about their spouse abusing them. Courtney Smith more than likely is not as aware of TItle IX requirements as Zach Smith is.

No more comments until pending litigation is resolved. You're assuming Ms. Smith's suing OSU. She could be suing for full custody of her kid. She may be trying to obtain a criminal protection order, since Mr. Smith violated the civil one. She could be suing the police department. There are a lot of legal things that are going on right now that require a lawyer.

You mean the "blogger" who was just recently let go by ESPN from his role as a college football analyst? Yep...he really needs to be prompted to break a story in a field he's spent his life in and obviously still wants to be a part of.

It's an ongoing investigation because the Powell police department has two separate reports about the 2015 incident. There's a report they released in 2018, and the initial report in 2015. The police refuse to release the initial report because they say it's part of an ongoing investigation.

There's grey area, but not what you think.

Last edited:
Reactions: ivan brunetti
She has said repeatedly that she did not go to OSU back in 2015 because she did not what her husband to lose his job and his income.

Yep. and don’t you think that message was conveyed? Meyer threatened to fire Smith in ‘15.

What message? That she didn't want her husband to come home after being fired and beat her again?

Serious reaching going on here...

for the guilty till proven innocent fans here! I doubt most of those fans will read this. It doesn’t support their preconceived beliefs.

Apparently there are also text messages with the reporter to support all this.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...tney-Smiths-takedown-plot-on-radio-120547553/

Remember the phone call where CS and her Lawyer claim Zach admitted to the choking. Re-read that.
She spoke of several things and he replied, ‘yes, I’m sorry. But he gave a general apology (probably more about infidelity)not specifically agreeing with anything particular. Was he being set up? Remember she saved the conversation. UM seems to be the vehicle for her long term goals.

Point is that in domestic disputes there is always intrigue, deception, strategy. and often revenge. And it will ultimately be resolved with $.

from the link: The accusors mom:

Reached this afternoon, Tina Carano would only communicate via text messages and backed Lynn Bruce’s version.

When asked if she believed her daughter’s claims of physical abuse, she replied, “I believe that Zach was removing himself from an argument and I do not believe he intentionally abused her. I do not believe he actually intentionally swung or punched her … no.”

As far as ever hearing her daughter say she would “take Zach down,” she replied, “Yes.”

And when Meyer’s name was mentioned, she added, “I cannot quote her exact words as I don’t remember them word for word, but something to that extent. This is my daughter and I love her but I do not approve of what she has done and how it was done.”

Last edited:
the incident that prompted the Smith firing:

“Lynn Bruce was with Zach and grandson at the time, hosting a party of more than 100 people," Snook wrote in his Facebook post. "(Courtney Smith's) birthday was the following day, May 13. “She was calling and demanding (Zach Smith) bring Cameron (the couple's son) back immediately,” Bruce recalled. “If he didn’t, she said she would call the police and claim he kidnapped him. So he drove him to the clubhouse of where she lived as she had told him to do. She wasn’t there. So then he drove the short distance to her driveway, and planned to drop him off at the edge of the driveway. When he pulled up, she was standing there with a camera, taking pictures.””

“Lynn Bruce was with Zach and grandson at the time, hosting a party of more than 100 people," Snook wrote in his Facebook post. "(Courtney Smith's) birthday was the following day, May 13. “She was calling and demanding (Zach Smith) bring Cameron (the couple's son) back immediately,” Bruce recalled. “If he didn’t, she said she would call the police and claim he kidnapped him. So he drove him to the clubhouse of where she lived as she had told him to do. She wasn’t there. So then he drove the short distance to her driveway, and planned to drop him off at the edge of the driveway. When he pulled up, she was standing there with a camera, taking pictures.””
Psycho stuff!

Just curious, is Lynn Bruce related to Earl Bruce by any chance?

Just curious, is Lynn Bruce related to Earl Bruce by any chance?

daughter. But her story on events is corroborated by the alleged victims mom also.
The Earl Bruce connection is just another twist in this mess.

There is also a story about AD Smith today. If there were no police actions forthcoming from events, in terms of charges, what further actions were required?

For CS, there may be no Goose that lays golden eggs. Was McMurphy dupped and used?

There are always two sides to a story. And it’s usually complicated.
I agree. I remember when Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace was with the Sacramento Kings, and there was a domestic violence incident at his home. When the police arrived, he was in the car trying to get away from his wife Who was beating the shit out of the car and breaking out windows with a large skillet. Artest as the man was charged as there were scratches on her arms, etc... as the law required. He was ultimately suspended, etc... even though it was apparent that they had a toxic relationship and she was a big part of the problem. I suspect this is the case here, but it doesn’t excuse Zach resorting to physical violence, and it doesn’t excuse Urban hiring him and bringing their toxic and abusive relationship into the program.

I agree. I remember when Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace was with the Sacramento Kings, and there was a domestic violence incident at his home. When the police arrived, he was in the car trying to get away from his wife Who was beating the shit out of the car and breaking out windows with a large skillet. Artest as the man was charged as there were scratches on her arms, etc... as the law required. He was ultimately suspended, etc... even though it was apparent that they had a toxic relationship and she was a big part of the problem. I suspect this is the case here, but it doesn’t excuse Zach resorting to physical violence, and it doesn’t excuse Urban hiring him and bringing their toxic and abusive relationship into the program.

UM told Smith if he believes Smith laid a hand on her, he would be fired “ post haste “
As turns out he was fired for a ‘setup’. Is CS creditable at all?

tOSU has a mess of issues; possible wrongful termination, possibly not reporting alleged abuse?, and possible legal action by UM if tOSU fires him. And of course there is the driver behind all of this a potential lawsuit by CS vs tOSU.
This lil Lady has been very busy.

What’s next? Kato Kaelin as witness?

Last edited:
2 Moms:

“She told me that not one time, but in fact she said it several times over the years,” Bruce said.

She was driven by revenge when she found out her husband had cheated on her, Bruce said.

“When she found out five years ago that Zach had cheated on her, she was so angry that she vowed to me she would get back at him someday. And she said she would take Urban down, too,” she said. “And this is exactly what she did. She wanted to do as much damage as possible.

“She has been planning this for some time.””

“When asked if she believed her daughter’s claims of physical abuse, she replied, “I believe that Zach was removing himself from an argument and I do not believe he intentionally abused her. I do not believe he actually intentionally swung or punched her … no.””

As far as ever hearing her daughter say she would “take Zach down,” she replied, “Yes.”

And when Meyer’s name was mentioned, she added, “I cannot quote her exact words as I don’t remember them word for word, but something to that extent. This is my daughter and I love her but I do not approve of what she has done and how it was done.”

Once again, the only thing that matters is if Urban was aware that she was claiming abuse and if he followed the proper channels and report it as per the demands of his job.

Urban's job is to report, not to investigate and judge. Even if Courtney Smith is lying, it's not Urban's job to judge that. No matter how stupid he believes the claim to be, report it and move on. If this costs UM his job, it's 100% on him.

Once again, the only thing that matters is if Urban was aware that she was claiming abuse and if he followed the proper channels and report it as per the demands of his job.

Urban's job is to report, not to investigate and judge. Even if Courtney Smith is lying, it's not Urban's job to judge that. No matter how stupid he believes the claim to be, report it and move on. If this costs UM his job, it's 100% on him.

Look. Admit it you just want his hide! You care very little about honesty or justice.
If you want to exercise a vendetta against UM at least get a worthy cause.
I don’t know if you are just playing stupid or.

So a report about a married couple not getting along? The police had not determined an abuse. So wtf was he going to report? A rumor? An innuendo that even her own family says was untrue? geez! Had she gone to tOSU 1 time and had given a chance for an investigation then you have a point else you have a sincere bias.

Last edited:
Look. Admit it you just want his hide! You care very little about honesty or justice.
If you want to exercise a vendetta against UM at least get a worthy cause.
I don’t know if you are just playing stupid or.

So a report about a married couple not getting along? The police had not determined an abuse. So wtf was he going to report? A rumor? An innuendo that even her own family says was untrue? geez! Had she gone to tOSU 1 time and had given a chance for an investigation then you have a point else you have a sincere bias.
Nothing stupid about binhamin’s post. “...If Urban was aware she was claiming abuse...” then he had a responsibility to report. Not rumor not innuendo not a married couple not getting along and all the other straw man examples you threw up.

Nothing stupid about binhamin’s post. “...If Urban was aware she was claiming abuse...” then he had a responsibility to report. Not rumor not innuendo not a married couple not getting along and all the other straw man examples you threw up.

Well Gene Smith AD knew. And if the reports lacked validity or confirmation or even a direct claim by thr alleged victim, what exactly is that report to be? I heard a rumor or there is speculation? UM had informed UF admin. and told Smith he would be fired for any physical abuse. The police sawthrough her claims.
Did you read the court order violation she set him up with? The event that got him fired.
A complete setup. You realize what she put her son through for her-own vendetta?
So a devised plot? One cited by both Moms, that does not bother you?

There used to be a radio talk guy, Bob Grant who ended his show with, “Get Gaddaffi”.
Do you have a bumper sticker that says, “Get Meyer”?

Even Madame Defarge would think UM’s fault pretty weak.

Last edited:

Joe Paterno clicks LIKE from the grave

Reactions: binhamin
Joe Paterno clicks LIKE from the grave

And what would that report be? And if UM knew it was knwon? who does he tell? twitter?
the families? Lawyers? police? prosecutors? ?...? the university admin already knew of the domestic squabbling.

ND fans are almost in denial on the matter.

But worse is the vulgar association with Sandusky or MSU. Youreally trivialize the suffering of those victims when you equate it with a marraige squabble between consenting but childish adults.
Shame on you.

And what would that report be? And if UM knew it was knwon? who does he tell? twitter?
the families? Lawyers? police? prosecutors? ?...? the university admin already knew of the domestic squabbling.

But worse is the vulgar association with Sandusky or MSU. Youreally trivialize the suffering of those victims when you equate it with a marraige squabble between consenting but childish adults.
Shame on you.

He reports his suspicions to the OSU Title IX coordinator or deputy coordinator, as per OSU policy and lets them investigate.

Again...it does not matter who Meyer thought was aware. You keep trying to make that a point, and it's totally irrelevant. It's about if Meyer reported it as he is bound to do. Even if he reports it and is told "Yes, we are aware and looking into it", he is now covered and has done his duty and this does devolve into an issue between the Smiths.

You spent a decent amount of time trivializing domestic violence and calling it "a private issue between two adults". Even now you do the same. Please don't try the high and mighty role. It doesn't suit you.

Reactions: Pennick4
look at this point your actually silly. Really silly.

"Coach shall promptly report to Ohio State's Title IX Athletics any known violations of Ohio State's Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty or staff or that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event. For purposes of this Section 4.1 (e), a 'known violation' shall mean a violation or allegation of a violation of Title IX that Coach is aware of or has reasonable cause is taking place or may have taken place."

This is paragraph 4.1 (e) from Urban Meyer's contract. Pretty clear what should be reported and to who.

You still want to talk about how Urban wasn't doing what he should? Or making this an issue with Courtney Smith lying?

Reactions: 8th Man
you are like a Bot

regardless of information you repeat the same thing

or you can’t learn, in which case I am sorry for you.

paraphrasing the victim, ‘everyone knew’. So, who was there to tell, report or ?
What part of ‘everyone’ does not include administration? So everyone knew but yet she deliberately avoided telling anyonewho was in an official capacity to deal with the matter. If UM knew everyone knew, through gossip,innuendo, but he had no direct knowledge nor complaint then how is he to go to his higher ups, who also already knew the gossip and innuendo.
It would be like Columbus discovering America!

It is clear the victim did not go to UM because she knew the consequences. Read her statements. Read her statements.
What plausible explaination is there forher not going to tOSU administration? It is because she knew the consequence of such a complaint.
Boy yous guys sure know lots of big words just kidding

you are like a Bot

regardless of information you repeat the same thing

or you can’t learn, in which case I am sorry for you.

Personal attacks are childish and just prove you have no true argument to stand on. Man up, for goodness sake.

You've presented no information other than strawman arguments deflecting from the issue that college football fans care about. We want to know if Urban Meyer will be fired or not. That's it. The sordid details of the Smith family are rather inconsequential, except for people who like drama straight from the front pages of the National Inquirer.

I'm not sure why you want Urban to be totally innocent so badly, but all of your arguments up to this point lead to that conclusion. I've been pretty ambiguous so far. I've consistently said that if Urban knew and didn't report it, he should be fired, and if he didn't know, this is a non issue.That's a point everyone should agree on, yet you keep giving reasons why if he knew, he shouldn't have done anything, when it's pretty clear cut what Urban's responsibilities are in a situation. I've also said it would be hard to believe that he didn't know when his wife knew, which is also pretty much common knowledge, since the texts are out there.

You've also tried to reason as to why this situation is vastly different than the PSU and MSU scandals. You fail to see the common thread because you're focused on the victims and not what caused the whole issue in the first place. In each instance, one or more people neglected their responsibilities in order to save the program or school from a scandal. I would agree that the scales of affected people are way out of proportion and this OSU issue pales compared to the other two, but that's it.

I'll await your next rant or snide comment.

Reactions: Telx1

Shame on you.

I didn't realize that hitting your wife and threatening to kill her is just a "marriage squabble". I'd hate to see how you treat your spouse.

n each instance, one or more people neglected their responsibilities in order to save the program or school from a scandal.

Shame on you.

I made no mention the victims at all. I was reminding the poster that Joe Paterno reported it up the chain as required by protocol, law enforcement included, and that did not save him from being pilloried.

In this saga, every day brings new dueling revelations. One would think if the police saw actual evidence of physical abuse, during the frequent calls to the home that that would result in battery charges.
The irony is the event that ultimately got notoriety, and got Smith firedwas a clear set up.

Consider that, the guy has his kid with him and that is witnessed by the kid. If that story is in any way true that is just as low as low might be in this mess.

Today we have dueling reporters. Perhaps they will get restraining order against each other.
Ms Carano seems to telling 2 different stories to the different interviewers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT