ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer

NDIRISH53

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 13, 2016
Let me be the first to say it, there is a ZERO percent chance he gets fired. I think there’s a 5% chance he gets suspended the first game or 2 against power houses Oregon state and Rutgers.

NCAA will do nothing of course, because we all know students cheating on homework is worse than beating a woman and covering it up.

Reactions: shabak
Let me be the first to say it, there is a ZERO percent chance he gets fired. I think there’s a 5% chance he gets suspended the first game or 2 against power houses Oregon state and Rutgers.

NCAA will do nothing of course, because we all know students cheating on homework is worse than beating a woman and covering it up.

It is more of an Ohio State matter than an NCAA matter. Unless there is some NCAA morals clause for coaches, I don't know that any NCAA rules were violated.

If he gets fired it will be because Ohio State doesn't want to follow the Penn State path.

It is more of an Ohio State matter than an NCAA matter. Unless there is some NCAA morals clause for coaches, I don't know that any NCAA rules were violated.

If he gets fired it will be because Ohio State doesn't want to follow the Penn State path.
I see what you mean. You have to see how frustrating it is more ND fans to watch Penn State get all their wins back, watch nothing happen to UNC, OSU will face zero punishment. Whatever happened to Baylor? That’s death penalty stuff

What NCAA rule did he violate?

What NCAA rule did he violate?

Title IX.

Urban & his wife (she works for the nursing school) are employees of a State school & are required to report allegations to the NCAA Title IX office.

Now, we know what will happen. Urban will say his wife never told him, she will be fired by OSU & he will still coach (throwing his wife under the bus).

Title IX.

Urban & his wife (she works for the nursing school) are employees of a State school & are required to report allegations to the NCAA Title IX office.

Now, we know what will happen. Urban will say his wife never told him, she will be fired by OSU & he will still coach (throwing his wife under the bus).
Anyone who lets his wife take the blame for him is a punk and a coward to the highest degree. Also I have heard there are texts from other assistants wives saying “urban doesn’t know what to do” in regards of the situation back in 2015. Don’t quote me on that though

the drums are beating pretty loud in central ohio over this. the hypocrisy is mind blowing. the football building at osu is overrun with signage about personal responsibility and how domestic abuse will not be tolerated. urban really screwed up here all because of his loyalty to his mentor earle bruce. bruce was zac smiths grandfather and urban hired him at earles request back at florida.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Anyone who lets his wife take the blame for him is a punk and a coward to the highest degree. Also I have heard there are texts from other assistants wives saying “urban doesn’t know what to do” in regards of the situation back in 2015. Don’t quote me on that though

According to Bruce Feldman about an hour ago, the Director of Football Operations’ wife & other wives have texts messages too.
Said that the WR coach wasn’t liked by other staff & they thought he is a bad guy.

I’m calling it now, he will be suspended for the Oregon state and Rutgers games. He’ll be back right in time for the TCU game conveniently. That’s if anything happens to him at all

What exactly would be the basis for a suspension? Lying? then everyone is the world is immediately suspended!

Will any of this make ND a better football team? Or is it many of ND fans just want a piece of flesh?

Reactions: spenna and nemeth#5
Is Dir. of Football operation someone UM technically reports to? If he knew, UM is not the guy holding the buck.

Wonder if Ohio State will need to consider actions considering this issue and the wrestling teams reports earlier this summer. Penn State, Michigan State, and now Ohio State all seem to have weaknesses handling sexual assaults.

Title IX.

Title IX is a week argument, that law protects people who are a part of the university and/or seeking benefits of the university, i.e. Students or faculty. The victim wasn't denied any benefit from the university or access to the university because of the actions by either Meyer. Additionally, from this there is still a possibility that they reported it and the school said they didn't have to do anything on it because there was no DV conviction. Urban looks really bad in this but to say that the NCAA should do something about it is problematic when in reality the NCAA should have less power not more.

Wonder if Ohio State will need to consider actions considering this issue and the wrestling teams reports earlier this summer. Penn State, Michigan State, and now Ohio State all seem to have weaknesses handling sexual assaults.
Lets be clear while Ohio State looks bad in this the issues at Penn State and Michigan State are far more severe. It does a disservice to the victims of a systemic effort to cover up and allow for serial sexual abuse at both Penn St. and Michigan St when you equate them to this incident.

You got Sparty getting it on with freaking dogs... what is with the big 10?

Lets be clear while Ohio State looks bad in this the issues at Penn State and Michigan State are far more severe. It does a disservice to the victims of a systemic effort to cover up and allow for serial sexual abuse at both Penn St. and Michigan St when you equate them to this incident.
But but but Harbaugh doesn’t eat chicken! Let’s all focus on that story rather than the disgustingness of the big 10

But but but Harbaugh doesn’t eat chicken! Let’s all focus on that story rather than the disgustingness of the big 10

The whole country is either into McCarthyism or gone ‘Salem’!
It ain’t Gilead. People make mistakes! People err in judgement (but are fast to judge others)
Raise you hand if you are perfect! (Friedman put your hand down!)

The whole country is either into McCarthyism or gone ‘Salem’!
It ain’t Gilead. People make mistakes! People err in judgement (but are fast to judge others)
Raise you hand if you are perfect! (Friedman put your hand down!)
The thing is... one of HIS core values for the program is to respect women. He flat out said at big 10 media day that nothing happened and it was a made up story in 2015. Now we have evidence that he knew. That’s 100% fireable

What exactly would be the basis for a suspension? Lying? then everyone is the world is immediately suspended!

Will any of this make ND a better football team? Or is it many of ND fans just want a piece of flesh?
I just want a piece of the flesh.

Reactions: Pennick4

Meyer recently fired Smith when he "first heard"of the 2015 incident. If what we know about the 2015 incident is damning enough to get a person fired, covering it up and lying about it may also be enough to get another person fired.

The accuser states that ‘someone should have done something, not just worry about football games’.
True, firstly that someone was her! She did not go to the police, so her husband would not lose his job! Now she complains he was not fired! She did not do the one thing that would have had that happen at the time. Looks like another lawsuit to prospect for an OOC settlement. We live in wonderful times.

Meyer recently fired Smith when he "first heard"of the 2015 incident. If what we know about the 2015 incident is damning enough to get a person fired, covering it up and lying about it may also be enough to get another person fired.

The accuser was the primary driver in any coverup.

““I told my parents and told his parents as well,” Smith said. "I remember specially texting pictures to my mom, my dad, his dad … like begging for help. This has to stop. I can’t do this anymore. I was told, ‘Don’t call the police. If you call the police, he’s going to get arrested, it’s going to go the media and he’s going to lose his job.”

The one person she did not tell was UM.

Last edited:
Ha, no. I believe that would have been her husband.

Blaming a DV victim for not coming forward quickly enough is pretty low.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/records_show_history_of_domest.html

No, low is looking to get revenge long after the time she should have reported this. There is a pattern to these cases. $.

Why should she dare if her abuser loses his job? If the issue is disclosure, she had the best motive and opportunity to report the abuse. Not her husband who probably was not motivated to self report.

Cases like the Chris Hardwick cases, after time has passed naturally raise questions as to the motive.

The accuser states that ‘someone should have done something, not just worry about football games’.
True, firstly that someone was her! She did not go to the police, so her husband would not lose his job! Now she complains he was not fired! She did not do the one thing that would have had that happen at the time. Looks like another lawsuit to prospect for an OOC settlement. We live in wonderful times.

I thank God every day when I hear myself talk.....that I do not sound like people like you.

I happen to read about it and look at it for motive. Is motive to hurt or get justice.

So far, what UM himself may have known was heresay. If she had gone to authorities and she was deemed to be truthful, then I have no trouble ‘boiling the guy in oil’. But these issues coming up long after the fact, holding everyone else accountable are just an epidemic.

No, low is looking to get revenge long after the time she should have reported this. There is a pattern to these cases. $.

Why should she dare if her abuser loses his job? If the issue is disclosure, she had the best motive and opportunity to report the abuse. Not her husband who probably was not motivated to self report.

Cases like the Chris Hardwick cases, after time has passed naturally raise questions as to the motive.

Did you read the link I provided previously? She called the cops on him at least NINE times. I think it is safe to say she was hoping they could scare him straight. Among other things, the guy was a drunk who would brazenly cheat on her.

If you aren't ready to get a divorce, I imagine it is damned difficult to put your spouse behind bars.

IMO, this is far worse than what Tressell did as far as damage to the program. If the Jim Tressell bar still holds, OSU may be parting ways with Meyer.

"I do believe Urban knew and instead he chose to help the abuser and enable the abuser," she said. "No one from the university came and asked me my side of the story."

Zach Smith was first accused of domestic violence by Courtney Smith in 2009, when he was an intern on Florida’s staff and she was pregnant in her first trimester. Over the last decade, Smith has been accused and served with domestic orders for other incidences involving his ex-wife, recent reports have revealed.

Yes, since 2009. But the only period that matters now is 2015 to present.

This was far more a legal matter. A domestic matter ongoing before 2015. If the police were informed, then she should have had more protection. And why were parents protecting the abuser?

Seems to me UM is the big target cause he ‘might have known’? But the police knew. Her parents knew. His parents knew. Other wives knew (maybe). So why is this an UM issue?

So far, what UM himself may have known was heresay. If she had gone to authorities and she was deemed to be truthful, then I have no trouble ‘boiling the guy in oil’. But these issues coming up long after the fact, holding everyone else accountable are just an epidemic.

This isn't a court of law. Ohio State doesn't need video evidence from three different people documenting Meyer being told.

A) he knew about the 2009 incident
B) Meyer and his wife took it upon themselves to "mentor" Smith and his wife
C) she separated from him in 2015, and sends photos to Urban's wife showing bruises etc. Urban's wife responds that Smith "scares her" and that there should be a restraining order.

D) you believe that Meyer's wife wouldn't have told him about C?

That is like someone not telling her husband she just saw the twin towers collapse on 9/11.

This isn't a court of law. Ohio State doesn't need video evidence from three different people documenting Meyer being told.

A) he knew about the 2009 incident
B) Meyer and his wife took it upon themselves to "mentor" Smith and his wife
C) she separated from him in 2015, and sends photos to Urban's wife showing bruises etc. Urban's wife responds that Smith "scares her" and that there should be a restraining order.

D) you believe that Meyer's wife wouldn't have told him about C?

That is like someone not telling her husband she just saw the twin towers collapse on 9/11.

Well reading her statements about her telling parents (hers and his) the stating she did not want him to lose his job, so she did not want police involvement, what is left? Do you doubt that if she confronted UM that UM would have acted by either telling her to go to the police or firing the abuser? If everyone was of the opinion that she neither wished him fired nor arrested, what do they do? If she said help, and was not qualifying the request then help is ‘get help, legal action and disciplinary.
Now what there is conjecture aimed at causing harm and passing the accountability elswhere.

How is Meyer more accountable than her, her parents, his parents and all persons with first hand knowledge. And then there are the police and lawyers. Meyer is notat the top of that totem pole.

Thank you

The accuser was the primary driver in any coverup.

““I told my parents and told his parents as well,” Smith said. "I remember specially texting pictures to my mom, my dad, his dad … like begging for help. This has to stop. I can’t do this anymore. I was told, ‘Don’t call the police. If you call the police, he’s going to get arrested, it’s going to go the media and he’s going to lose his job.”

The one person she did not tell was UM.
She told his wife and all the other coaches wives.

There is also a report of the Powell police dept.changing the police report . So yes the authorities were involved.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
"I do believe Urban knew and instead he chose to help the abuser and enable the abuser," she said. "No one from the university came and asked me my side of the story."

Zach Smith was first accused of domestic violence by Courtney Smith in 2009, when he was an intern on Florida’s staff and she was pregnant in her first trimester. Over the last decade, Smith has been accused and served with domestic orders for other incidences involving his ex-wife, recent reports have revealed.

Yes, since 2009. But the only period that matters now is 2015 to present.

This was far more a legal matter. A domestic matter ongoing before 2015. If the police were informed, then she should have had more protection. And why were parents protecting the abuser?

Seems to me UM is the big target cause he ‘might have known’? But the police knew. Her parents knew. His parents knew. Other wives knew (maybe). So why is this an UM issue?
Relative of Urban's ?

How is Meyer more accountable than her, her parents, his parents and all persons with first hand knowledge. And then there are the police and lawyers. Meyer is notat the top of that totem pole.

Meyer is more accountable as far as EMPLOYING Smith. That is the only thing that matters as far as Meyer. WHY did he look the other way in 2015? Why did he lie about only just hearing about all this?

Ask yourself this: if Brian Kelly heard about one of his coaches beating the crap out of his wife, would you want him to keep it quiet for the sake of the program or because the coach in question was Kelly's mentor's grandson? This is more of a moral question than a legal question for Ohio State. I don't think they want to be lumped in with Sparty and Penn State.

Reactions: cancandodo
Meyer is more accountable as far as EMPLOYING Smith. That is the only thing that matters as far as Meyer. WHY did he look the other way in 2015? Why did he lie about only just hearing about all this?

Ask yourself this: if Brian Kelly heard about one of his coaches beating the crap out of his wife, would you want him to keep it quiet for the sake of the program or because the coach in question was Kelly's mentor's grandson? This is more of a moral question than a legal question for Ohio State. I don't think they want to be lumped in with Sparty and Penn State.

Well, seems she did not want her husband fired nor arrested. So she wanted?
Was Meyer going to beat him up?
What if, this is all about what if, if Meyer’s wife told himand was told not to fire him nor get police involved. If Meyer considered approaching the guy but if he did, what might be the consequences of such a confrontation? Whould she be at further risk or danger for her life!
Without authorities (her responsibility) UM would be between a rock and a hard place.

Again, where were her parents! her family? his family? those police?
How many times would you allow your daughter to be assaulted?

What does she want now?

Oh, let’s lynch the football coach, he has $.

Last edited:
Well, seems she did not want her husband fired nor arrested. So she wanted?
Was Meyer going to beat him up?

Again, where were her parents! her family? his family? those police?
How many times would you allow your daughter to be assaulted?

What does she want now?

Oh, let’s lynch the football coach, he has $.

She didn't want him fired in 2009. She was fine with his being fired in 2015 when she told anyone and everyone. Urban ignored her as a favor to Earl Bruce. Bruce died recently which made Smith expendable.

meyer-bruce-01-bgsu-apjpg-3b03663226350ee1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT