ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer

Title IX is a week argument, that law protects people who are a part of the university and/or seeking benefits of the university, i.e. Students or faculty. The victim wasn't denied any benefit from the university or access to the university because of the actions by either Meyer. Additionally, from this there is still a possibility that they reported it and the school said they didn't have to do anything on it because there was no DV conviction. Urban looks really bad in this but to say that the NCAA should do something about it is problematic when in reality the NCAA should have less power not more.

Actually Title IX protects the Liberties if people. It gets attention from what you are referring to, but it’s purpose is to protect Liberties of people.
This is the textbook definition of Title IX.

She didn't want him fired in 2009. She was fine with his being fired in 2015 when she told anyone and everyone. Urban ignored her as a favor to Earl Bruce. Bruce died recently which made Smith expendable.

meyer-bruce-01-bgsu-apjpg-3b03663226350ee1.jpg

Did she actually go to Meyer and make this report?

Actually Title IX protects the Liberties if people. It gets attention from what you are referring to, but it’s purpose is to protect Liberties of people.
This is the textbook definition of Title IX.
It is specific in context of schools/education. Its goal is to protect the liberties of people based on gender from discrimination and/or limitation to access of rights/education. The victim doesn't fit within that context.

It is specific in context of schools/education. Its goal is to protect the liberties of people based on gender from discrimination and/or limitation to access of rights/education. The victim doesn't fit within that context.

No it’s not.
Have you heard of Baylor?

Rape, domestic violence, etc., at a University fall with Title IX. And when a health care professional who works for the University (Urban’s wife) is notified, then it goes to a whole different level.

Urban Meyer molder of Men. He ran a renegade program at FLA. and now OSU.
Might be time for another fake medical issue.

Reactions: sluggo69
No, low is looking to get revenge long after the time she should have reported this. There is a pattern to these cases. $.

Why should she dare if her abuser loses his job? If the issue is disclosure, she had the best motive and opportunity to report the abuse. Not her husband who probably was not motivated to self report.

Cases like the Chris Hardwick cases, after time has passed naturally raise questions as to the motive.
WOWOWOWOW... this is really weird victim blaming. She hasn't filed a lawsuit. She didn't make this public, the only reason it became public was that she went through the Court system recently and got a protective order, making it public record. That led to the husband's firing after the facts became public. The reports also show she contacted the police on multiple occasions but didn't press charges.

To say that an abuse victim cannot after the fact claim abuse or justice because they didn't press charges in the moment is just mind boggling with the information out there regarding the psychology of abuse. There is also a ton of actual evidence documenting that in this case the victim (she is definitely a victim) reached out to people making them aware of the situation where as Hardwick is an outcry without support (doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that there isn't proof out there like this case)...

Be better then that Perse.

No it’s not.
Have you heard of Baylor?

Rape, domestic violence, etc., at a University fall with Title IX. And when a health care professional who works for the University (Urban’s wife) is notified, then it goes to a whole different level.
All of that happened with victims who were students. The basis for their Title IX claims is that by covering up the crimes/enabling the crimes/not investigating the crimes, the school negatively harmed their rights to access a safe environment at the school.

what would be the chain of reporting for a Unive4sity health care professional at a university (I doubt it is tell the football coach). There must be an outlined definative reporting chain. Was that chain informed.
And none of this matters if the accusor or her informed family and friends notify the legal authorities.

Who knew what, when did they know, what action was taken. That includes the victim.

I called this a long time back. Coach is coming home. Kelly has the shelves all stocked up..

WOWOWOWOW... this is really weird victim blaming. She hasn't filed a lawsuit. She didn't make this public, the only reason it became public was that she went through the Court system recently and got a protective order, making it public record. That led to the husband's firing after the facts became public. The reports also show she contacted the police on multiple occasions but didn't press charges.

To say that an abuse victim cannot after the fact claim abuse or justice because they didn't press charges in the moment is just mind boggling with the information out there regarding the psychology of abuse. There is also a ton of actual evidence documenting that in this case the victim (she is definitely a victim) reached out to people making them aware of the situation where as Hardwick is an outcry without support (doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that there isn't proof out there like this case)...

Be better then that Perse.
I am guessing Purs doesn't have any daughters.

Reactions: cancandodo
I just want a piece of the flesh.

And so does she. It least your honest about it.

If the police and family, lawyer and friends all knew and did nothing, and she did not directly confront UM, how the hell does the buck stop with Meyer. If she was not aggresively trying to get legal and professional help in the proper channels why is she laying this on Meyer? Why did no one closer to her intervene! Why the free pass for them?

What is her current motivation?

Last edited:
Well, seems she did not want her husband fired nor arrested. So she wanted?
Was Meyer going to beat him up?
What if, this is all about what if, if Meyer’s wife told himand was told not to fire him nor get police involved. If Meyer considered approaching the guy but if he did, what might be the consequences of such a confrontation? Whould she be at further risk or danger for her life!
Without authorities (her responsibility) UM would be between a rock and a hard place.

Again, where were her parents! her family? his family? those police?
How many times would you allow your daughter to be assaulted?

What does she want now?

Oh, let’s lynch the football coach, he has $.
Wow, just wow.

The accuser states that ‘someone should have done something, not just worry about football games’.
True, firstly that someone was her! She did not go to the police, so her husband would not lose his job! Now she complains he was not fired! She did not do the one thing that would have had that happen at the time. Looks like another lawsuit to prospect for an OOC settlement. We live in wonderful times.

I thank God every day when I hear myself talk.....that I do not sound like people like you.
Meyer is more accountable as far as EMPLOYING Smith. That is the only thing that matters as far as Meyer. WHY did he look the other way in 2015? Why did he lie about only just hearing about all this?

Ask yourself this: if Brian Kelly heard about one of his coaches beating the crap out of his wife, would you want him to keep it quiet for the sake of the program or because the coach in question was Kelly's mentor's grandson? This is more of a moral question than a legal question for Ohio State. I don't think they want to be lumped in with Sparty and Penn State.

Notice he did not answer your question. He is too busy victim blaming and defending Urban.

Most people that victim blame have produced victims.....just saying.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
the drums are beating pretty loud in central ohio over this. the hypocrisy is mind blowing. the football building at osu is overrun with signage about personal responsibility and how domestic abuse will not be tolerated. urban really screwed up here all because of his loyalty to his mentor earle bruce. bruce was zac smiths grandfather and urban hired him at earles request back at florida.
You’re spot on. Smith was a walk-on player for Meyer @BGSU too. This runs really deep. Dan Wetzel of Yahoo is calling for Urban to be fired. Get your popcorn folks.

Reactions: Pennick4
What exactly would be the basis for a suspension? Lying? then everyone is the world is immediately suspended!

Will any of this make ND a better football team? Or is it many of ND fans just want a piece of flesh?
You’re the fun guy at parties.

Reactions: Pennick4
That ‘blaming the victim’ stategy to garner support ain’t gonna make anything fact or true; nor will it alter the truth.

I bet you would be attacking anyone that defended those proclaiming innocence or asking for more facts about the situation in the Tawana Brawley case. You probably were out there in front with a rope!

And then?

This thread is a perfect example of the obstacles that a victim of abuse or rape is up against. You are doubted at every step. Up in Ingham Country victims of alleged violence by MSU athletes were actively discouraged from pressing charges. What are you supposed to do? If you go forward the authorities have made it clear they will not support you and you put yourself on an island. Worse there is the humiliation of being called the W word and implied you are some kind of trash and than those who you accuse get away with it. In most cases of rape and domestic abuse the bad guy gets away with it. So lets cut the accuser some slack as its hard enough as it is.

In terms of what happens that is up to the school and the level of integrity they want to live with. There is no law against lying to the media. OSU will just have to decide what their priorities are. They can choose to be SEC north or they can be a public university with some kind of standard.

My personal take is OSU will do the deflect thing. They were ready to stick with Tressel until it became obvious he had violated unavoidable NCAA violations. Urban Meyer may have an uncomfortable period, but OSU fans priority is winning over any ethical issues. But at least it will be clear that the patina of illusion that OSU was trying to present themselves as an upstanding institution is gone.

You’re spot on. Smith was a walk-on player for Meyer @BGSU too. This runs really deep. Dan Wetzel of Yahoo is calling for Urban to be fired. Get your popcorn folks.
Down here in my area of Ohio I have heard from folks I believe have good sources that some OSU power brokers don't think urban will or should survive this. The other rumor is Schiano may be moving to the big office on an interim basis.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Down here in my area of Ohio I have heard from folks I believe have good sources that some OSU power brokers don't think urban will or should survive this. The other rumor is Schiano may be moving to the big office on an interim basis.

The OC is now in charge.

Not the right time to say this but... if you’re Notre Dame you have to go after their recruits hard right now. Kids already committed plus kids they want.

And so does she. It least your honest about it.

If the police and family, lawyer and friends all knew and did nothing, and she did not directly confront UM, how the hell does the buck stop with Meyer. If she was not aggresively trying to get legal and professional help in the proper channels why is she laying this on Meyer? Why did no one closer to her intervene! Why the free pass for them?

What is her current motivation?
Have you even read the story? She when and got a 5 year protective order. How is that not getting legal help? She is in counseling and before she filed for divorce got her abuser to go it to counseling. How is that not professional help? This is a story because Urban Meyer lied about his knowledge of it. She wasn't going to the press trying to get him fired. LOL... sorry your dream daddy looks like a **** up on this.

That ‘blaming the victim’ stategy to garner support ain’t gonna make anything fact or true; nor will it alter the truth.

I bet you would be attacking anyone that defended those proclaiming innocence or asking for more facts about the situation in the Tawana Brawley case. You probably were out there in front with a rope!

And then?
This doesn't make half of the sense you think it does. You are the one saying that its the victim's fault she didn't do more sooner. You are also the one saying that her story lacks credibility because you think she is being motivated by money even though there is nothing to suggest that.

What we know is that, the victims families (his and hers) knew. Close friends and associates knew.
The police knew. Apparently lawyers knew. And of course the victim experienced this for almost a decade.
Meyer is said to have known. Even the victim has not said for fact she knew he knew. She herself never communicated nor confided in him directly. She is a grown up, not a child (for Echo).
So many people knew, why did no one intercede? How did UM gain ownership?
The problem for UM is that he did not acknowledge he knew something that was public knowledge in the program circles. Was he protecting their privacy? That makes this vastly different than PSU.
Authorities, family friends all were advised and everyone knew. So who among them acted?

“Koffel said Wednesday that Smith never informed Meyer about the criminal-trespass charge even after Koffel told Smith to do so.”

Last edited:
Reactions: tbonesays
What we know is that, the victims families (his and hers) knew. Close friends and associates knew.
The police knew. Apparently lawyers knew. And of course the victim experienced this for almost a decade.
Meyer is said to have known. Even the victim has not said for fact she knew he knew. She herself never communicated nor confided in him directly. She is a grown up, not a child (for Echo).
So many people knew, why did no one intercede? How did UM gain ownership?
The problem for UM is that he did not acknowledge he knew something that was public knowledge in the program circles. Was he protecting their privacy? That makes this vastly different than PSU.
Authorities, family friends all were advised and everyone knew. So who among them acted?
Its reported that there is confirmation Meyer actually did know about it and suggested that they get counseling as they were a young couple going through things. Even if you make the argument that there is no proof Meyer knew about that is a bad one to make b/c 1. He sent confidants down from Ohio to meet with her in Florida to get her to drop charges and 2. There are multiple people stating unsolicited, with no reason to lie, that Meyer was conflicted and didn't know what to do.

Why is there such a desire to defend Meyer here. At best he knew about it and did nothing because he felt it was a private issue knowing that a woman and two little kids were being harmed, at worst he is culpable from an ethical standpoint for enabling the abuser to continue his behavior without stopping him because he prioritized continuity in his staff over winning. If Meyer did not lie about this he wouldn't be here.

Its reported that there is confirmation Meyer actually did know about it and suggested that they get counseling as they were a young couple going through things. Even if you make the argument that there is no proof Meyer knew about that is a bad one to make b/c 1. He sent confidants down from Ohio to meet with her in Florida to get her to drop charges and 2. There are multiple people stating unsolicited, with no reason to lie, that Meyer was conflicted and didn't know what to do.

Why is there such a desire to defend Meyer here. At best he knew about it and did nothing because he felt it was a private issue knowing that a woman and two little kids were being harmed, at worst he is culpable from an ethical standpoint for enabling the abuser to continue his behavior without stopping him because he prioritized continuity in his staff over winning. If Meyer did not lie about this he wouldn't be here.

"Text messages exchanged between Courtney and other wives of Ohio State football staff members, including Shelley Meyer, the wife of Urban, show widespread knowledge of the abuse Courtney was suffering at the hands of Zach, according to McMurphy’s reporting, which also included images of a bruised Courtney.

Among the exchanges in McMurphy’s report is a Nov. 5, 2015, conversation between Courtney and Lindsey Voltolini, the wife of Brian Voltolini, OSU’s director of football operations and a longtime colleague of Meyer. The exchange makes it seem that Meyer was aware of a 2015 incident where Courtney accused Zach of domestic violence.

Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think”
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ohio...eyer-paid-administrative-leave-221320520.html

"Text messages exchanged between Courtney and other wives of Ohio State football staff members, including Shelley Meyer, the wife of Urban, show widespread knowledge of the abuse Courtney was suffering at the hands of Zach, according to McMurphy’s reporting, which also included images of a bruised Courtney.

Among the exchanges in McMurphy’s report is a Nov. 5, 2015, conversation between Courtney and Lindsey Voltolini, the wife of Brian Voltolini, OSU’s director of football operations and a longtime colleague of Meyer. The exchange makes it seem that Meyer was aware of a 2015 incident where Courtney accused Zach of domestic violence.

Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think”
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

Where is the Meyer conversation?
Nothing there proves Meyer knew anything except possibly that there was a husband/wife issue.
They are more saying he did not have details.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ohio...eyer-paid-administrative-leave-221320520.html

Knowing and not acting on a serious issue yes.

So, what about the others? Dir of Football operations? Family? Friends? other coaches?
The fact is, and it is the only fact we really know, is that everyone knew the police had been involved.

How did the parents act?

The knowledge that the was a police involvment may be the reason that they felt it should be delt with exactly as a domestic dispute.

As for Meyer, no one has confirmed, “hey, I went to Meyer and...”. Apperantley what Meyer got was that there was a police involvement at some point. The wife claims that her husband denied it to UM. But the husbands lawyer stated the husband did not tell UM of the disturbance, in spite of advice to do so.

She has confirmed she never addressed Meyer. She seems clearly uncertain whether UM’s wife ever went to him. Just a hunch, I think his wife tried to keep him out of it. That would have been an error of judgement.

If the wife would have approached Meyer or if the police informed Meyer then it would be a different perspective.

ND fans want to think the worst and want the worst to happen to Meyer. It might well be that Meyer did not actual know what he knew; that is what the depth of the problem was. No one went directly went to him.

So, what about the others? Dir of Football operations? Family? Friends? other coaches?
The fact is, and it is the only fact we really know, is that everyone knew the police had been involved.

How did the parents act?

The knowledge that the was a police involvment may be the reason that they felt it should be delt with exactly as a domestic dispute.

As for Meyer, no one has confirmed, “hey, I went to Meyer and...”. Apperantley what Meyer got was that there was a police involvement at some point. The wife claims that her husband denied it to UM. But the husbands lawyer stated the husband did not tell UM of the disturbance, in spite of advice to do so.

She has confirmed she never addressed Meyer. She seems clearly uncertain whether UM’s wife ever went to him. Just a hunch, I think his wife tried to keep him out of it. That would have been an error of judgement.

If the wife would have approached Meyer or if the police informed Meyer then it would be a different perspective.

ND fans want to think the worst and want the worst to happen to Meyer. It might well be that Meyer did not actual know what he knew; that is what the depth of the problem was. No one went directly went to him.
Of course he knew just like he did in 2009. Your arguments are really ridiculous. Meyer knew and compounded things by lying about it last week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT