ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy Clements

Dec 7, 2007
I saw a story on ESPN that Tom Clements has been persuaded to come out of retirement and return to the GB Packers as their QB coach. Apparently Aaron Rodgers loves Clements, and credits him for much of his early development. I didn't know Rodgers thought that highly of Clements. I think Marcus Freeman has been trying to reach out to former ND players and get them to come back to campus to connect with the team. I hope Clements is on that list. He is an amazing guy. On top of his playing and coaching experience, he was graduated from Notre Dame Law School.

Clements was a classmate of mine when I attended ND. I can't say that I really knew him well, but I played a few pickup basketball games where he was on the opposing team. And of course ND fans will always remember him for the pass to Robin Weber that sealed ND's victory over Alabama in the 1973 Sugar Bowl. He played the QB position with a lot of moxie.

Amazing how many great QBs have come out of western Pennsylvania: aside from Clements there was Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Dan Marino and Jim Kelly. I am probably forgetting a few of them.

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
Could have been ND’s coach in 06? Instead the administration hired CW. Maybe there’s a universe where TC was hired and lead ND to a bunch of natty’s.

I saw a story on ESPN that Tom Clements has been persuaded to come out of retirement and return to the GB Packers as their QB coach. Apparently Aaron Rodgers loves Clements, and credits him for much of his early development. I didn't know Rodgers thought that highly of Clements. I think Marcus Freeman has been trying to reach out to former ND players and get them to come back to campus to connect with the team. I hope Clements is on that list. He is an amazing guy. On top of his playing and coaching experience, he was graduated from Notre Dame Law School.

Clements was a classmate of mine when I attended ND. I can't say that I really knew him well, but I played a few pickup basketball games where he was on the opposing team. And of course ND fans will always remember him for the pass to Robin Weber that sealed ND's victory over Alabama in the 1973 Sugar Bowl. He played the QB position with a lot of moxie.

Amazing how many great QBs have come out of western Pennsylvania: aside from Clements there was Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Dan Marino and Jim Kelly. I am probably forgetting a few of them.
Canton is just a suburb of Westen, PA 😎
Ditka, Dorsett, Marino, Montana, Kelly, Johnny Unitas, Namath,
Jack Ham, Curtis Martin, Russ Grimm, Bill Fralic, Jason Taylor

Aaron Donald will be in Canton,
Darrelle Revis maybe..Ty Law might be..

That's a quick off the cuff Western PA HOF players that I can think of at the moment.

Bill Cowher as a coach...and honestly the coaching tree from Western PA is insanely huge. Like the worlds biggest willow tree.

Reactions: tbonesays
Clements wanted the ND job very much
I remember that and I remember that they didn't seem to consider him a serious candidate. They probably found out he ate meat on Friday in Lent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT