ADVERTISEMENT

Surely Gerard Parker is fired at the end of the season

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
How can Freeman not fire Parker at season’s end? He was savvy Jack’s cheap ass hire and has been abysmal. He’s a MAC level OC.

Will Jack allow him to fire him and make an expensive hire?

Stuckey may be on the hot seat as well

I need to rewatch multiple games. I will say however that the HC signs off on schemes. Just like the defense, our offense has been too multiple without a base IMO.

ND was doing a lot of good things on offense earlier in the year and then USC and Pitt had a lot of turnovers from ND’s opponent. So less yards though ND ended up with 48 and 58 points.

Vs Clemson there was a muffed punt. And then 3 FG’s. To simply scapegoat Parker is wrong I feel. Lets see what happens the final 3 games and evaluate why the offense didn’t score more against Louisville and Clemson. That’s what Freeman’s mindset should be. He’s to blame for the offense as much as Parker IMO.

Anyone else wonder if the leaning on Jim Tressel has promoted an overly buttoned up approach to the way ND plays football?

Reactions: Golson5
Stuckey and Parker for sure but also Rudolph needs to go the oline sucks bring Harry back. Also Biagi should be on the hot seat special teams have been super shaky.

Reactions: edub72
I would think so. He was just a stopgap anyway. Presumably he would have had to have lit up to keep his job long term. And that certainly hasn't been the case.

I need to rewatch multiple games. I will say however that the HC signs off on schemes. Just like the defense, our offense has been too multiple without a base IMO.

ND was doing a lot of good things on offense earlier in the year and then USC and Pitt had a lot of turnovers from ND’s opponent. So less yards though ND ended up with 48 and 58 points.

Vs Clemson there was a muffed punt. And then 3 FG’s. To simply scapegoat Parker is wrong I feel. Lets see what happens the final 3 games and evaluate why the offense didn’t score more against Louisville and Clemson. That’s what Freeman’s mindset should be. He’s to blame for the offense as much as Parker IMO.
Louisville and Clemson both have very good defenses. Louisville shut out Duke and held VTech to 3 pts last night. And Clemson's defense is ranked 6th in the nation in total yards. So the toughness of the opponent was a factor in those games, too.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Louisville and Clemson both have very good defenses. Louisville shut out Duke and held VTech to 3 pts last night. And Clemson's defense is ranked 6th in the nation in total yards. So the toughness of the opponent was a factor in those games, too.
1 caveat. No Riley Leonard

Good to know. Thanks.

Clemson D better than Louisville. But they were missing 4 guys. ND offense has become a throw to the TE offense the last two years. The biggest crime the ND staff made IMO was not aggressively pursuing a legit WR. The guy from VaTech? Even if he was healthy he was trending to the second string right out of the gates. In a pro style offense You need a problem at TE. A problem in the slot and a problem on the outside. It forces a D to pick their poison.

4-5 Virginia Tech is not Oregon.

Last edited:
Reactions: BM16
You didn't mention Pittsburgh 38 Louisville 21.

Clemson D better than Louisville. But they were missing 4 guys. ND offense has become a throw to the TE offense the last two years. The biggest crime the ND staff made IMO was not aggressively pursuing a legit WR. The guy from VaTech? Even if he was healthy he was trending to the second string right out of the gates. In a pro style offense You need a problem at TE. A problem in the slot and a problem on the outside. It forces a D to pick their poison.
Hartman didn't play very well yesterday either, outside of his running.

Hartman didn't play very well yesterday either, outside of his running.
When the running game nets 5 yards on three carries in the second half, and the WR group is not very dynamic, and the OC acumen is questionable, spread the blame around.

They've been really good at home this year - where we played them.
Well, I watched Pittsburgh play at home yesterday, a 17 point loss to Florida St., and also saw the North Carolina game that was at Pittsburgh, another 17 point loss for Pitt.

Must have been off days at home for Pitt.

It'll be interesting to see what Freeman decides to do at OC, though. I don't think it's guaranteed that Parker gets fired. But he may go after some high profile guys again, who knows.

Well, I watched Pittsburgh play at home yesterday, a 17 point loss to Florida St., and also saw the North Carolina game that was at Pittsburgh, another 17 point loss for Pitt.

Must have been off days at home for Pitt.
Louisville had one bad game. But they'll likely be playing FSU for the ACC title. They just pounded their top two rivals for that spot the last two weeks.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Louisville had one bad game. But they'll likely be playing FSU for the ACC title. They just pounded their top two rivals for that spot the last two weeks.
I watched Pitt play Notre Dame, and watched Pitt yesterday. How Louisville lost by 17 points to Pitt and gave up 38 points, completely confuses me.

Maybe Parker is like Golden, gonna take a year. We where not happy with Golden last year. They where last in everything. Now first in everything.

Reactions: Pennick4
It'll be interesting to see what Freeman decides to do at OC, though. I don't think it's guaranteed that Parker gets fired. But he may go after some high profile guys again, who knows.
I would, if I were him. It was kind of indefensible hiring him in the first place. But you could let it slide on account of the circumstances if you were charitable. You can't retain him after the offense has been as underwhelming as it's been, and as might have been expected, elevating a crony position coach to that key role.

You gotta do better than that...

When the running game nets 5 yards on three carries in the second half, and the WR group is not very dynamic, and the OC acumen is questionable, spread the blame around.
You spread out around too. Stop acting like he's playing well. Give him some blame and get off your knees

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT